ADVERTISEMENT

I'll be Captain Obvious...

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
If we have plans of returning to 11 game win seasons and competing in the SEC east, we HAVE to build a solid defense with depth. If you're curious if a bear takes a dump in the woods, I can answer that one too.

Reactions: ken in sacramento
Depth on defense is huge especially when running an up tempo offense. I am wondering if our D being completely gassed had anything to do with the massive increase in injuries on that side of the ball??

Depth on defense is huge especially when running an up tempo offense. I am wondering if our D being completely gassed had anything to do with the massive increase in injuries on that side of the ball??
Could be, plus I think you’ve got a lot of players playing too many snaps because of lack of depth. The wear and tear on their bodies giving and taking hits has to take a toll.

Could be, plus I think you’ve got a lot of players playing too many snaps because of lack of depth. The wear and tear on their bodies giving and taking hits has to take a toll.
I don't buy that. They play 16 games in the NFL plus exhibition games and the playoffs and have smaller rosters. They also play against stronger, faster, bigger players every game. I don't think with a 12 game schedule they are taking too much wear and tear.

We were rarely truly tempo most of the year.

Defensively, we need: quality depth, an effective pass rush, solid stop-them-where-you-hit-them tacklers, and an athletic, fundamentally sound secondary. We currently have none of these things. Yes, part of the problem is injuries (in particular, the secondary.) The rest of these things, we never had at all this year.

That, and being undersized, sub-SEC specimens are to blame.

This year was just a wash... lots of injuries, no depth whatsoever... Muschamp's D improved his first two years... next year with what should be a solid D Line... that will be the tale of the tape.

I don't buy that. They play 16 games in the NFL plus exhibition games and the playoffs and have smaller rosters. They also play against stronger, faster, bigger players every game. I don't think with a 12 game schedule they are taking too much wear and tear.

I think a lot of them get hurt, too.

Check out the NFL injury report for today:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/

To me it’s all excuses . Blame injuries , Blame Spurrier , blame lack of talent , blame field conditions , blame the freaking tooth fairy . It’s all about making tackles , winning your match and making plays . Were we decimated when we gave up 700 yards Sat ... absolutely !! Were we decimated when we gave up 500 to UGA , and Mizzou .. Nope . In his defense Muschamp isn’t making excuses . We can’t tackle , we can’t get off blocks .. that’s what he says after every game . Honestly I think Tanner neutered Muschamp . I want the old Muschamp that was demolishing chalk boards at Texas and having to be dragged off the field after his iron bowl meltdown . We need it . Our defense is soft , they play soft , they avoid contact at all costs . The old coach “Boom” wouldn’t have it at Texas . Tanner needs to let him take off the furry gloves and be who he was . That’s why his defenses were elite , they embodied his intensity and aggressiveness. Have not seen an ounce of that with him here and I think it’s because Tanner is telling him to be chill . Those who are waiting for the 5 Stars to start flooding in .... sorry it ain’t happening here . Never has and probably never will . He’s gotta turn this 4 and 3 star guys into beasts just like EJ did with Ingram , Norwood , Swearinger etc etc . Tanner just needs to let the Pitbull out of the yard .

If we have plans of returning to 11 game win seasons and competing in the SEC east, we HAVE to build a solid defense with depth. If you're curious if a bear takes a dump in the woods, I can answer that one too.
Man, you know your football.:D BTW: Do you know if the Pope is Catholic that one always gets me.

Reactions: sclawman77
Yeah, and we need to tackle more better, you know, lock up and stuff like that. I've noticed our tackling is a bit lacking and we get hurt a lot too but I contribute that to poor conditions of the ACL and things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT