ADVERTISEMENT

I'll man up

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
Boy was I wrong. Kentucky had a better game plan and did a masterful job of taking the crowd out of the game after the first 5 mins. It was as if all the air we had in our tank was gone after two plays and we fell flat from then on. It was a great job by the Kentucky staff and the crow I had last night tasted like chicken. Watching on TV at the failed rocket boosters blast during the entrance of the team we should have known that was an omen. The $300,000 DJ experiment flopped from what I could tell they only look cool if your team is winning outside of that it's just noise. The entire experience of the fire and the DJ make it look like a Jay Z concert instead of a college football game. When I saw the Kentucky players dancing to our DJ it didn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. We get it that it's about recruits but how about the older geezers who pay to watch the game? Man I miss the old days when the game was about the game. It all appeared to more of a distraction we're there to try to win not dance and it didn't impress any recruits I'm sure. Anyway, we underestimated Kentucky last night and they crashed out "party" by out playing us and out coaching us. Ain't it curious how well we played on the road before coming home to the side show? Great job Kentucky.

Boy was I wrong. Kentucky had a better game plan and did a masterful job of taking the crowd out of the game after the first 5 mins. It was as if all the air we had in our tank was gone after two plays and we fell flat from then on. It was a great job by the Kentucky staff and the crow I had last night tasted like chicken. Watching on TV at the failed rocket boosters blast during the entrance of the team we should have known that was an omen. The $300,000 DJ experiment flopped from what I could tell they only look cool if your team is winning outside of that it's just noise. The entire experience of the fire and the DJ make it look like a Jay Z concert instead of a college football game. When I saw the Kentucky players dancing to our DJ it didn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. We get it that it's about recruits but how about the older geezers who pay to watch the game? Man I miss the old days when the game was about the game. It all appeared to more of a distraction we're there to try to win not dance and it didn't impress any recruits I'm sure. Anyway, we underestimated Kentucky last night and they crashed out "party" by out playing us and out coaching us. Ain't it curious how well we played on the road before coming home to the side show? Great job Kentucky.
I went to their board last night and offer congrats.
I'm done with them now. I still hate em, hate the fact that we afford them the impression that they've made progress with their crappy program and hate the fact that ours is still hot garbage right now.
They're more than likely headed for a record tying 8 win season. Then again as bad as UF and UT and the rest of the SEC-East is they could have an astounding 9 win season seeing as their West opponents are Ole Miss and MSU. And if they were to actually get lucky enough to win the East they will be destroyed in the SEC-C game and then roll on to get demolished by a team from another conference in a bowl game.
But hey, at lest they're still in the hunt.

And I have a lot more time for fishing, hunting, and getting my house buffed up to sell if me and the wife can find our dream house in the near future!

I'm done with them now. I still hate em, hate the fact that we afford them the impression that they've made progress with their crappy program and hate the fact that ours is still hot garbage right now.
They're more than likely headed for a record tying 8 win season. Then again as bad as UF and UT and the rest of the SEC-East is they could have an astounding 9 win season seeing as their West opponents are Ole Miss and MSU. And if they were to actually get lucky enough to win the East they will be destroyed in the SEC-C game and then roll on to get demolished by a team from another conference in a bowl game.

And yes, I never thought I would say it about college football but the games are becoming a circus sideshow just as pro sports have. It's really got me re-evaluating my priorities. At least for this season I have a lot more time for fishing, hunting, and getting my house buffed up to sell if me and the wife can find our dream house in the near future!

It's funny how everyone seems to be so stuck on the intro and the DJ. If we won, no one would care about a misfire or a DJ. Let it go, folks. Let's focus on what matters... getting a winning coach and a winning team on the field.

Reactions: drawplay000
It's funny how everyone seems to be so stuck on the intro and the DJ. If we won, no one would care about a misfire or a DJ. Let it go, folks. Let's focus on what matters... getting a winning coach and a winning team on the field.
If the athletic dept can't do the simple things right what makes you think they can accomplish the harder task?

This happens every few years or so. We start out with a few wins everyone will get excited and talk about how we ought to beat Kentucky or Vanderbilt or whoever. We play the game and get killed.
I told my wife I thought we were in trouble last week because history was repeating itself.

It is hard to win consistently when you rely on 50 yard pass plays to win. Real winning is done by converting short yardage 3rd downs on the ground. Sure you need big plays...but the games are more often won and lost by who can run and who can stop the run. That is not changing until they take out tackling in the game of football.

We have had the same problem with the O-line for over a decade now....a lack of heart. I am coming around to the thought that we might have a problem that gets passed down from one class to the next...a disease of the mind...a lackadaisical attitude that is learned by freshmen and soph from the upper classmen.

Reactions: RockThrillCock

And yes, I never thought I would say it about college football but the games are becoming a circus sideshow just as pro sports have. It's really got me re-evaluating my priorities. At least for this season I have a lot more time for fishing, hunting, and getting my house buffed up to sell if me and the wife can find our dream house in the near future!
But we have indeed made progress, and I still don't get why its so hard for people like you to acknowledge that. And since you're irrationally hating us, you must hate Vandy too, huh?

But we have indeed made progress, and I still don't get why its so hard for people like you to acknowledge that. And since you're irrationally hating us, you must hate Vandy too, huh?
Ok, I can agree Stoops has made some progress. But it's really hard to gauge how much with the other teams in the division regressing. I hope it's not hard for you to acknowledge that a lot of our fans aren't taking this loss too hard because we know it has more to do with our program regressing than yours progressing. Like I said, your schedule is set up for you have a great season. I just don't believe Stoops & his staff are good enough or your team is anywhere near good enough to challenge for the SEC title. Time will tell. At least you all are still in the hunt. But the only way I can be proven wrong is if I see your team competing for the SEC-C trophy in December and if that happens I will be the first on this board to come on here and admit I am wrong.

Good luck

Ok, I can agree Stoops has made some progress. But it's really hard to gauge how much with the other teams in the division regressing. I hope it's not hard for you to acknowledge that a lot of our fans aren't taking this loss too hard because we know it has more to do with our program regressing than yours progressing. Like I said, your schedule is set up for you have a great season. I just don't believe Stoops & his staff are good enough or your team is anywhere near good enough to challenge for the SEC title. Time will tell. At least you all are still in the hunt. But the only way I can be proven wrong is if I see your team competing for the SEC-C trophy in December and if that happens I will be the first on this board to come on here and admit I am wrong.

Good luck
I don't think we're at the point where we're going to compete in the SEC Championship game, but I definitely think that, based on what we've seen on paper and comparing what we witness in the present than the past with Joker and even in the previous seasons under Stoops, that we have made improvements. And yes, some of the top teams are regressing, but to say that your regression alone is why you lost is BS.

Anyways, good game and good luck.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
lot of sour grapes here. Some of us can be honest though. We got smoked last night and looked flatter than a pancake. Talent nor coaching showed up after the first two plays. We couldn't even capitalize on the turnovers and we couldn't even pick up 1 yard to convert a 4th down (by the way good teams aren't in that situation). You say Kentucky isn't that good? They beat the crap out of us very slowly and very methodical on our own field. I'm calling a turd a turd. We are a long way from being relevant and that unfortunately is a fact.

Everyone knows if you can with stand the initial fight with us you will wn the battle. We don't won't it. Phillip fulmer told his team that once and the Kent coach said basically the same in his post interview. They know we are soft everyone does

Reactions: cocky4
A coach no other power 5 would hire and an ad that no there power 5 would hire. That's what we have.
Yep...who hires a coach that was fired from his last head coaching job?...Thats right..our ex baseball coach who thinks hes an AD..Even Florida fans were asking what were we thinking

Reactions: jonesz21
Didn't know we refused to shake hands before the game with their captains who exactly do we think we are at this point to snub somebody? Didn't help. Hope this brings our players back into the real world with the rest of us. Most disappointing lose I can remember.

Yep...who hires a coach that was fired from his last head coaching job?...Thats right..our ex baseball coach who thinks hes an AD..Even Florida fans were asking what were we thinking

Tanner is king Dixon 2.0. It will take 20 yrs to right this ship

Our team has had no heart dating back for 30 years. The talent difference is neglable. Football games are war and we are don't care.

We need to bring Duce Stanley. DJ swearinger and Connor Shaw back to teach heart cuz obviously no one currently is teaching it

I don't think we're at the point where we're going to compete in the SEC Championship game, but I definitely think that, based on what we've seen on paper and comparing what we witness in the present than the past with Joker and even in the previous seasons under Stoops, that we have made improvements. And yes, some of the top teams are regressing, but to say that your regression alone is why you lost is BS.

Anyways, good game and good luck.
Look fella, you're obviously not well versed in Carolina football. When our fans discuss our team regressing we are referring to epic drop off that began under Steve Spurrier around 2012 while he was still winning 11 games a season that didn't begin to show until 2014. The drop off in talent and coaching (coaches evaluation of players and coaches ability to develop players) was more than horrible, it was devastating. It the reason the man decided to hang it up in the middle of a season. He saw the writing on the wall. He knew he would be criticized for the untimely departure. But he was old, he was tired, and he didn't g.a.s. enough anymore to ride the season out and retire with that stain on his record. Not that the stain he self-inflicted was any better, but he just didn't g.a.s. He knew how bad he had let the program slide under his watch but he just didn't have the desire to stay and try to fix it.
Now whether you believe it or not, Muschamp has made improvements to the team this season. He's upgraded the talent level at several positions, but he has a long way to go to get us back to the level of talent we had when we were winning 10-11 games. So when I speak of our "regression", that's what I am speaking of.
To be totally honest it isn't really fair for any fan to try and judge any team after only 3 games. I already admitted that I could be totally wrong about UK, but they'll have to prove it. I have no problem admitting that UK is a better team right now than USC and it is glaringly obvious after last night. It's merely my opinion and I am merely offering it to anyone that is interested. But I still believe that you are better because of how far we have regressed from 2012-2016 regardless of any progress your team has made. That's not a slight or disrespect to UK, it's just my opinion of where are program is and how far CWM has to go to get us back to the level Spurrier had us.

Again, all of this is just my opinion. If your team proves to be the best in the East and shows they've made significant progress I will offer congratulations. But not until then.
And agin, congrats on the win and good luck.

lot of sour grapes here. Some of us can be honest though. We got smoked last night and looked flatter than a pancake. Talent nor coaching showed up after the first two plays. We couldn't even capitalize on the turnovers and we couldn't even pick up 1 yard to convert a 4th down (by the way good teams aren't in that situation). You say Kentucky isn't that good? They beat the crap out of us very slowly and very methodical on our own field. I'm calling a turd a turd. We are a long way from being relevant and that unfortunately is a fact.
No sour grapes from me dude. Just giving my opinion and assessment of the game, our team and the state of our program.
It's obvious UK is the better team. And maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen anyone here say they aren't. But you can't deny that our team didn't come close to playing to their potential. And even if they did I don't believe we would have won anyway. UK is simply more talented and they would have found another way to win it.

Our team has had no heart dating back for 30 years. The talent difference is neglable. Football games are war and we are don't care.

YEP! We have got to change that...job #1. Hey guys I am just disappointed about the flop as everyone here...freaking embarrassing. But here is my thoughts about our predicament....I thought Will Muschamp was the guy to address this issue....and I still think he might be. But my belief in that took a huge hit last night...not going to lie. I think he knows this too...I really do. We are just soft as cupcakes and nobody is scared or even respects us as a physical football team...and we play in the SEC. I think he has made some strides....but until we weed out this soft streak that runs inside the program..we are going to continue to struggle mightily.

Lets hope that Will Muschamp understands this..let hope he can fix it. Cause until we get some mean sob that want to play some real football up front..and other sobs that want to hit...we just foolin around. I will say this....it is not as bad as it seems on this front....if we even had a FCS level O-line play in the running game..we are not talking this way about our team right now. It is a team sport...but the biggest mismatch was their d-line and our O....we someway somehow take care of that then we have made some nice progress since Muschamp came here...lets keep perspective..let recognize of who our friends are and who is our enemy. I don't know if everything will work out...but I know what the problem is..the question is..is Will Muschamp the person to fix this problem? New O line coach...who seems to know what he is doing......lets calm down before we shoot everyone in the room.

Just my thoughts...sorry for being windy

Oh shut up where you when we were 2-0? Cockroach fan.
Right here...bitching about this coach.and your bullshit ..stats dont matter crap the last 2 weeks...if you didnt see the Kentucky crap coming you are as stupid as i always thought you were..And i was bitching when coach doom was hired ...was a loser at florida and looks like a loser here..and thats "as i see it"....I still see you name calling from your Marlboro days. Lol

Right here...bitching about this coach.and your bullshit ..stats dont matter crap the last 2 weeks...if you didnt see the Kentucky crap coming you are as stupid as i always thought you were..And i was bitching when coach doom was hired ...was a loser at florida and looks like a loser here..and thats "as i see it"....I still see you name calling from your Marlboro days. Lol
And you're still the same idiot you were then.

not me. DJ is hopefully gone soon.

not me. DJ is hopefully gone soon.

100% not saying this is your perspective, but I get a little irked at the DJ hate because, honestly, a lot of it seems to be coming from self-admitted old guys who are the types to complain about "thugs."

Reactions: DC-99
100% not saying this is your perspective, but I get a little irked at the DJ hate because, honestly, a lot of it seems to be coming from self-admitted old guys who are the types to complain about "thugs."

I'm not an old man, but a dj has no place at a football game. That stuff is for night clubs. Whatever happened to college bands!? It takes away from the whole college experience with a dj. Why can't we do something more unique with our band?

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT