ADVERTISEMENT

I'm new to this board. First post.

gurnyblanston

Oct 7, 2015
First off, I'm a devout Georgia Tech fan. So we have at least one thing in common - we hate the taters. My wife is a USC grad and we lived in SC for just over a year after she graduated. We now live in Dallas. Our fav college teams are USC (her), GT (me) and believe it or not, Oklahoma (my dad's a grad.)

I've loved SOS all my life and have really admired what he's done for Carolina's football program. I won't say anything bad about him, even if you went 0-11 for the next three years. He's a class act and regardless of his recent woes on the field, that man is a football genius. I will say, that the team needs an overhaul. But I'm betting your AD already has a clue of the next step. Whether that's now or later, he has to have a plan.

And what I want to encourage you with is this: no amount of fan rants on a message board will sway your AD's mind. ADs are controlled by pressures far greater than harsh words from people who won't even reveal their real names or identities. His critics are those 80,000 ticket holders, and moreover the 65-75 thousand BIG donors, and of course, the school president and board.

You can yell and scream, but on boards like these, we're talking to each other. we DON'T get a vote!

You were thrilled when USC secured Holtz. Ecstatic when they swayed Steve. Trust that you'll be equally as excited with the next choice for head coach. Lets all just hope that this time, the end result is far greater than what those two left you with. I'm sure it will be. Good luck and I'm looking forward to reading this board on a more regular basis.

And this goes without saying, but wish my team luck against them cow pasture stampers to your north.

Some of us are posters and season ticket holders. I pay a lot of money to the athletics department, so I voice my concerns to them just as I voice them here.

Some of us are posters and season ticket holders. I pay a lot of money to the athletics department, so I voice my concerns to them just as I voice them here.

that's good.. but what you post here has no weight. Complain to them directly. it's the only hope for change. Have they informed you what they're going to do with your $$ for this home gmae they are moving?

that's good.. but what you post here has no weight. Complain to them directly. it's the only hope for change. Have they informed you what they're going to do with your $$ for this home gmae they are moving?
As I said, I do voice my concerns to them directly.

And yes, they will have three options: donate the money to the athletics department, use it as a credit for future purchases, or receive a check.

I think posting here is a prerequisite before we start harping up the money chain. :)

First off, I'm a devout Georgia Tech fan. So we have at least one thing in common - we hate the taters. My wife is a USC grad and we lived in SC for just over a year after she graduated. We now live in Dallas. Our fav college teams are USC (her), GT (me) and believe it or not, Oklahoma (my dad's a grad.)

I've loved SOS all my life and have really admired what he's done for Carolina's football program. I won't say anything bad about him, even if you went 0-11 for the next three years. He's a class act and regardless of his recent woes on the field, that man is a football genius. I will say, that the team needs an overhaul. But I'm betting your AD already has a clue of the next step. Whether that's now or later, he has to have a plan.

And what I want to encourage you with is this: no amount of fan rants on a message board will sway your AD's mind. ADs are controlled by pressures far greater than harsh words from people who won't even reveal their real names or identities. His critics are those 80,000 ticket holders, and moreover the 65-75 thousand BIG donors, and of course, the school president and board.

You can yell and scream, but on boards like these, we're talking to each other. we DON'T get a vote!

You were thrilled when USC secured Holtz. Ecstatic when they swayed Steve. Trust that you'll be equally as excited with the next choice for head coach. Lets all just hope that this time, the end result is far greater than what those two left you with. I'm sure it will be. Good luck and I'm looking forward to reading this board on a more regular basis.

And this goes without saying, but wish my team luck against them cow pasture stampers to your north.
I think most people know that this board has no voice. It is a therapeutic tool to keep you from kicking the dog....nothing more....so carry on.....we know, but it does help. In some cases....

Nice post. I hope you guys beat the taters this weekend

I've said for years that it is always in Carolina's best interests for Georgia Tech and FSU to have good football teams. They both play Clemson and also are rivals with UGA and Florida respectively.

Welcome aboard, Gurny!

Same situation here but in reverse. I'm a USC grad and my wife went to GT.

I agree with you about the coaching situation. Our last 2 coaches have moved us light years ahead of where we were. We now get pissed when we barely have a winning season whereas we used to be ecstatic about going to a bowl. I don't think any of the higher ups are happy about our football team right now but I'd bet they have a much better outlook (and a HELL of a lot more knowledge) than the posters on here. I can't directly affect it so I'll assume they know what to do and I'll just keep pulling for the Gamecocks (and the Yellow Jackets) either way!

GO COCKS!
THWG!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT