ADVERTISEMENT

I'm so angry about this coaching staff

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
This has been the worst coached team ever! June had better teams than this and you knew what to expect, But, being ranked as high as #3 in the beginning of the season and end up staying home with a losing record in the SEC and no NCAA bid.

Thank you Chad, trashing Tanner's program in less than 3 years. Horn and Scott would be proud of you!

We need a real hitting coach and a new pitching coach or next year will be worse than this year!

If you really want to be mad at someone be mad at Tanner. Holbrook is doing nothing but milking an undeserved opportunity. Heck, our pitching coach has more D1 wins than our head coach. Maybe Meyer should put in for the job next summer. He has a stronger resume than his boss.

All I know is our hitting has been atrocious under Holbrook. Our pitching stunk this year but last year we led the SEC in ERA. And unless something drastic happens between now and February, it's not looking any better.

Tanner holds the strings to his puppet. Let's see what he does.

Reactions: gamecock ed
If you really want to be mad at someone be mad at Tanner. Holbrook is doing nothing but milking an undeserved opportunity. Heck, our pitching coach has more D1 wins than our head coach. Maybe Meyer should put in for the job next summer. He has a stronger resume than his boss.

All I know is our hitting has been atrocious under Holbrook. Our pitching stunk this year but last year we led the SEC in ERA. And unless something drastic happens between now and February, it's not looking any better.

Meyer had a good run in his first go around, but I felt that Mark Calvi did a better job with less pitchers and he wasn't shy putting in a seldom used player like Roth against Clemson in the CWS and develop into one of the best pitchers in the country along with Price and Monty...

Meyer just didn't have that same magic the second time around.

In order to tolerate Chad next year, we need a new hitting coach and pitching coach...

All the great Freshman coming in won't cut it and they may end up going pro before stepping a foot in the class room...

I feel like I program just saw this man...

102691190-graded_0027838.530x298.jpg

I lost the last little bit of faith I had in Holbrook when he let Caldwell run the show against LSU. Elliot was clearly a liability and Chad called for him to be removed from the game...wait, Caldwell said "no" and made Chad his bitch.

I lost the last little bit of faith I had in Holbrook when he let Caldwell run the show against LSU. Elliot was clearly a liability and Chad called for him to be removed from the game...wait, Caldwell said "no" and made Chad his bitch.

Yep, makes you wonder who's running the team.

Your right Meyers has more wins because he coached 6 years. His overall record of 167-158 works out to an average of almost 28 wins and 26 losses a year. Holbrook in 3 years is 119-62. An average of almost 40 and wins and 20.6 losses a year. Goes to show that intelligence by some on this board is not their strong suit. How do you get that Meyers has a stronger resume than Holbrook? If your going to make comparisons at least put them in perspective.

The program has STEADILY declined since Holbrook took over. THAT is NOT up for debate. Look at each progressive season and you see worse results. This year's Yardcocks were not a very good baseball team.

Right, because the situation he took over at odu is the same as the situation Ch took over after tanner. Right. I wonder if Meyers lost to all the chump schools in the middle of the week, too.

Your right Meyers has more wins because he coached 6 years. His overall record of 167-158 works out to an average of almost 28 wins and 26 losses a year. Holbrook in 3 years is 119-62. An average of almost 40 and wins and 20.6 losses a year. Goes to show that intelligence by some on this board is not their strong suit. How do you get that Meyers has a stronger resume than Holbrook? If your going to make comparisons at least put them in perspective.

I bring up Meyers to illustrate how inexperienced Holbrook was/is when he got the job. You and me both had just as many career wins as he did. Meyer didn't set the word on fire at Old Dominion but that was a small school rebuild job that gained him head coaching experience. Which, to me, is exactly where Holbrook should have gotten his start. Instead, Tanner fast-tracked him over nationally qualified coaches. We'll see if the risk pays off long term but it's fair to say so far it hasn't.

At the end of the day, I would like to see us bring in a new pitching coach and a proven hitting coach.... His staff doesn't give me that thrill up my leg

Meyers just lost his luster in his second go around and felt that Mark Calvi did a great job building our staff and Meyers just didn't do a better job recruiting pitchers and developing them...

Chad Holbrook - Head Coach
12 Jerry Meyers - Associate Head Coach
41 Sammy Esposito - Assistant Coach
55 Brian Buscher - Volunteer Assistant Coach
51 Justin Dalles - Student Assistant Coach
Tyson Lusk - Director of Baseball Operations
35 Scott Wingo - Student Assistant Coach

A total collapse, just like we did in football. Ranked high in both sports in preseason and than choke all year long.

A total collapse, just like we did in football. Ranked high in both sports in preseason and than choke all year long.

I think it's worse in baseball... Losing to mid-week games to the likes of PC, Furman, Winthrop, Coastal Carolina, plus losing 2 out of 3 against Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee and Auburn.

That's 8 extra wins that could have put us at 40 wins....

Those 8 wins may look small, but that's the difference of playing double elimination SEC Tournament, having a spot in the NCAA and hosting a regional...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT