ADVERTISEMENT

In looking at our AD and football head coach...

I am surely not happy with what happened, yesterday and there sure can be a lot of finger pointing that can be done but to call for the firing of Muschamp is, in my opinion, way out of line. Think back to Spurrier years. His record was:
7-5
8-5
6-6
7-6
7-6
9-5
Then we won 11 three years in a row before he decided to quit 2 years before he actually quit. I would argue he took over the program in better shape than Muschamp did. SOS, when on his game, was one of the the best on field play callers in the game but his work ethic was awful. We now have a tireless worker in recruiting and seems to be able to close the deal with some talented players. He, in my opinion, needs to find the best OC and DC money can buy and work on bringing in talent for them to coach. (Dumbo at Clemson) If Tanner balks on paying the assistants then he needs to go. We are in year 3 if Champ has the same OC and DC we have now after year 5 and we see the same ineptness on the field, I will say then it is time to part ways and Champ will have blown his last chance to be a head coach at the division 1 level.

I am surely not happy with what happened, yesterday and there sure can be a lot of finger pointing that can be done but to call for the firing of Muschamp is, in my opinion, way out of line. Think back to Spurrier years. His record was:
7-5
8-5
6-6
7-6
7-6
9-5
Then we won 11 three years in a row before he decided to quit 2 years before he actually quit. I would argue he took over the program in better shape than Muschamp did. SOS, when on his game, was one of the the best on field play callers in the game but his work ethic was awful. We now have a tireless worker in recruiting and seems to be able to close the deal with some talented players. He, in my opinion, needs to find the best OC and DC money can buy and work on bringing in talent for them to coach. (Dumbo at Clemson) If Tanner balks on paying the assistants then he needs to go. We are in year 3 if Champ has the same OC and DC we have now after year 5 and we see the same ineptness on the field, I will say then it is time to part ways and Champ will have blown his last chance to be a head coach at the division 1 level.
He couldve hired anyone for OC. Dude is offensively inept. As for Spurriers record you do realize he actually overachieved with those records and no his situation wasnt better. Place was a dump when he got here. Looks like the Taj Mahal around the stadium now. No comparison.

I agree early on he possibly got as much as he could out if those teams but I contend he under achieved with the 11 win seasons. We would beat UGA and not win the east because we always lost to someone we should not have. His first year here he met with the lettermen and stated he had the facilities he needed to compete. Amazing, things changed the longer he stayed.
I am only saying we have to give Muschamp time to sink or swim. SOS did not start winning until he got Shaw. Muschamp needs to find a Shaw and have an OC to coach him.

I agree with @Kitchenlabs There was nothing wrong with the hire at the time. I don’t recall any opposition.

“Not properly vetted”. Do you know the meaning of vetting? What about Holbrook’s past did Coach Tanner not discover?
Making a hiring choice based on personal friendship is not proper vetting...perhaps you choose friendship (under the guise of saying it was the appropriate decision) as the primary deciding factor during the vetting process in a business deal...not the wisest variable in the vetting process. Did I use vetting enough for ya? Go Cocks!

We are debating the past now? Here is the past. 2 National Championships with Tanner managing our baseball team. And 3 lucky 11 win seasons with Spurrier. Yeah I’m glad Tanner is our AD. Shame on me for doubting that....

Making a hiring choice based on personal friendship is not proper vetting...perhaps you choose friendship (under the guise of saying it was the appropriate decision) as the primary deciding factor during the vetting process in a business deal...not the wisest variable in the vetting process. Did I use vetting enough for ya? Go Cocks!
The choice wasn't made on friendship. You do know that he had just been named the top recruiter in any sport in the country. There were other programs trying to hire him at the time also.

The choice wasn't made on friendship. You do know that he had just been named the top recruiter in any sport in the country. There were other programs trying to hire him at the time also.
Glad to know you are happy how it turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT