ADVERTISEMENT

In the great words of Aaron Rodgers......R-E-L-A-X!

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
The baseball team will be fine. I think we end up in Omaha. I think veteran players bringing up these younger guys will be the biggest factor.

Originally posted by coastguardcock:

The baseball team will be fine. I think we end up in Omaha. I think veteran players bringing up these younger guys will be the biggest factor.
Do you see any of the veterans stepping up and becoming a team leader? That, IMO, is the key to making it back to Omaha.

frankie-goes-to-hollywood-389364118.jpg

Aaron needs to stop plagiarizing,

It is way too early to press the panic button. Hell, some people are already looking for replacements for Holbrook. I'd rather see this early in the season, and then steady progression, rather than the other way around. At least give it until mid-season before the naysayers start up the FireHolbrook fan site. I've been there a time or two myself, but they don't even have dents in the bats yet.

Uh...bad example. The Packers did a little too much relaxing when they were up 16-0 against the Seahawks.

More the quote than the example. As for the example, how would that be a bad example? Many so called experts began writing off the Packers after 3 games. They should have been in the biggest game in sports if not for a five minute epic meltdown. The point in which you are talking about, they were 5 minutes away from the Super Bowl. We are about 40 games away from any possibility from a national championship.

Originally posted by coastguardcock:

More the quote than the example. As for the example, how would that be a bad example? Many so called experts began writing off the Packers after 3 games. They should have been in the biggest game in sports if not for a five minute epic meltdown. The point in which you are talking about, they were 5 minutes away from the Super Bowl. We are about 40 games away from any possibility from a national championship.
The were 5 minutes away from the Super Bowl until they decided to ...R-E-L-A-X!

packers-slide.gif

Where was the sense of urgency?

DC, Rodgers was talking to fans, as I am. No one is asking the players to kick back and act as if they have 5 minutes to run off the clock.

The key is going to be better pitching than we have seen so far this year, and hitting ball the way we've been hitting it in the games between the first and last one we played this year. We were not expected to be a more than an average offensive team this year, so it makes no sense to get to upset when the offense doesn't show up. Offensively I think we've been exceeding our expectations actually. However when start playing the SEC team, that could change. Anyways, our pitching staff needs to start dealing. We are getting raked against early this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT