ADVERTISEMENT

Injured VT commitment that the taters been recruitung

section907

Sep 16, 2000
tore his knee ligements this past weekend. Serious question. If the kid is committed to a team can their team doctors perform the surgery?

Then. Since the kid is in Spartanburg I’m sure a tater doctor has already offered to perform surgery for free ;-).

Really stinks for the kid if now he chooses a school for the benefit of a surgery. Especially since he has been committed to another team for so long.

I would assume he could go to any doctor he wanted, as long as he or his insurance paid for it. Free surgery would be a violation.

Reactions: king ward
Who is this kid? Is there any chance he can replace Ray Tanner as athletic director?

Reactions: trekcock
Spartanburg is close to Steadman-Hawkins...it is a great institution that many pro athletes have sought out. SH has a great relationship with HS in the area, so I'm sure that is where it will be done. As someone else mentioned, the school has insurance that pays whatever personal insurance his family has doesn't.

It was during HS championship game. Which really sucks. Gotta think he leans now to stay closer to home for rehab, family etc.

Didn't a USC doctor do knee surgery a couple years ago and then the recruit went to a different school?
Yes, Matt Rolin. Linebacker that was committed and got our team doctor to do the surgery then flipped to Florida and Muschamp. Seems like he had another injury after he came back from surgery and never really did much on the field.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Yes, Matt Rolin. Linebacker that was committed and got our team doctor to do the surgery then flipped to Florida and Muschamp. Seems like he had another injury after he came back from surgery and never really did much on the field.
Didn't we basically let him go bye bye and not fight the flip?

Didn't we basically let him go bye bye and not fight the flip?
Depends how you look at it. If you mean had Spurrier stopped caring and trying hard at recruiting, yes. If you mean did we just not want him anymore, no.

Did we not get Skai Moore, instead? Seems like that is a wonderful trade-off.

We did...but we did not know we were getting him when Rolin flipped. In fact, Skai committed to Rutgers right after Rolin decommitted from us and didn't decommit from them until a month later and didn't commit to us until the same day he signed with us which of course was NSD 2013.

Reactions: memphis cock#
We definitely got the better end of that deal, and I'm glad things worked out like they did. That was a decent class on paper. Spurrier should have retired after that season.

Reactions: NetworkX
I don't know about high schools having insurance to pay for surgeries. My son had both ACLs reconstructed during his high school career. My insurance and I paid for it. Big program, Hoover High School.

I don't know about high schools having insurance to pay for surgeries. My son had both ACLs reconstructed during his high school career. My insurance and I paid for it. Big program, Hoover High School.
They do. My daughter tore a ligament in her knee playing golf and the school paid for her surgery and rehab. Not sure about all schools, but I would think most, if not all, do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT