ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comment near the end about Roy Williams' percentages

SweepUnderCarpet.jpg

Reactions: chick75
I've said from the "get go" that uncarolina will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist, if even that. I honestly believe the sanctions levied against us by the NCAA was more serious than what the holes will get.

Five major infractions, including LOIC. No way unc is given a wrist slap. If they want any chance in their lawsuit, they will hand out appropriate (or close to since the DP is no longer an option) punishment. That includes men's basketball whom the fraud was established for by Dean Smith and John Swofford.

Like the Ole Miss fiasco from a few years ago.....the NCAA is just waiting for a less prominent program to get caught for something so that they can lower the hammer on somebody to 'punish' North Carolina.

Nobody gets more scared when Alabama or Auburn gets caught outright cheating than the ADs at schools like Ole Miss or MissState because they know that the NCAA has to make an example of somebody for a UNC or Alabama's cheating scandal.

Five major infractions, including LOIC. No way unc is given a wrist slap. If they want any chance in their lawsuit, they will hand out appropriate (or close to since the DP is no longer an option) punishment. That includes men's basketball whom the fraud was established for by Dean Smith and John Swofford.

First off, have a clue what you are talking about before you run your mouth. The African American studies program wasn't started by Dean Smith or John Swofford. By that line of thinking I suppose you think that Ray and Spurrier could suddenly make academic decisions for the university. This was created by some academic types that wanted to be diverse as the PC world wanted to ramp up. After established some of the black leaders in that program decided to basically help the effort along by giving away degrees to black students. Word gets out, and a lot of athletes got on the bandwagon. But for you to imply that a coach and an AD instituted this shows how little you really know. Deal in facts, not what you hope wour be true.

I have a clue what i am talking about. Go look at when the program started and which sport's players made up the overwhelming majority of the bogus classes that took place. Read the Martin Report, the Wainstein Report. Yes, Dean Smith didn't start the program but he steered his players and his academic people (Burgess McSwait - look her name up) to put his players into a major that required little to no work. And it took place with John Swofford's nodding approvement. Then read what Matt Doherty was told by Guthridge and Smith when he was hired in 2000 - NOT TO MESS WITH THE ACADEMIC SUPPORT STAFF. Smith was in on the scheme and wanted it to continue as normal. Read the addendum emails of the Wainstein Report. Smith's fingerprints are all over this fraud.

It started under Dean Smith. It was proven that the atheletic programs knew about it and steered athletes to the bogus classes. Know your shit.

First off, have a clue what you are talking about before you run your mouth. The African American studies program wasn't started by Dean Smith or John Swofford. By that line of thinking I suppose you think that Ray and Spurrier could suddenly make academic decisions for the university. This was created by some academic types that wanted to be diverse as the PC world wanted to ramp up. After established some of the black leaders in that program decided to basically help the effort along by giving away degrees to black students. Word gets out, and a lot of athletes got on the bandwagon. But for you to imply that a coach and an AD instituted this shows how little you really know. Deal in facts, not what you hope wour be true.
Me thinks someone may be wearing baby blue undies.

Reactions: wentzel25
Spurrier will hold kids out of practice for missing classes. If he can keep up with the academics of dozens of players the argument that UNC coaches didn't know about what was going on is ludicrous

Mox needs the heave ho. WTH is he doing on this site if he loves the Holes so dearly..?

UNC and Academic Fraud are now joined at the hip.

Congratulations Tarheels, you've made a mockery of education. You have sold your souls to win some games. For decades, you've looked down your noses at other schools.

I hope you get nailed but you wont. I do look forward to all the signs being held up at your games this year. It should be interesting.

Would statements from witnesses (former players) be enough for you? Dean Smith has no role in creating an academic program, so to suggest that he didn't start African American studies is like saying water is wet, and the sky is blue. Those coaches role in the scandal was knowing full well what was involved in the "Easy A", and steering their players in that direction. From a former UNC football player:

"If you ain't inside of there, you don't know what's going on. But Butch Davis came into a meeting one day and he said 'If y'all came here for an education, you should've went to Harvard,'" Powell told the show's hosts.

"It ain't that we go in there and say 'we want to take African-American studies.' How did we know about it? They put it on the table for us ... these coaches, man, [they say], 'We're going to get you three and out of here.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...s-academic-scandal-calls-roy-williams-a-snake

Here is another:

He said Williams told him "we're going to be able to change a class from, you know, your summer session class and swap it out with the class that you failed, just so the GPA could reflect that you are in good standing."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ll-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
Just reading the tea leaves, it looks like the UNC women's basketball program is going to be the scapegoat for the entire athletics department. It's despicable, but what do you expect... it's UNC and the NCAA we're talking about...

Just reading the tea leaves, it looks like the UNC women's basketball program is going to be the scapegoat for the entire athletics department. It's despicable, but what do you expect... it's UNC and the NCAA we're talking about...
I think it's more of a "muddy the waters" deal to try to steer the NCAA in that direction. They can't ignore anyone's part in this and justify putting it all on the woman's program. If one is guilty....they all are....

Jan Boxill had her hands all over men's hoops as well. They are trying like heck for women's hoops to take the blunt but anyone with a half brain knows this scheme wasn't designed to benefit women's basketball. Look at the number of student athletes in the fraudulent classes. The overwhelming majority percentage wise was men's basketball and football.

Just like the Carolina way is a sham so too is the notion that this great liberal thinking school is throwing minorities and women under the bus while white men like Baddour, Thorpe, Davis and Williams get the golden parachute.

I posted that same thing on here about a month ago. The NCAA will throw the book at the women's basketball team. That's all that will happen.

The NCAA has $44 million reasons why they can't and won't go light on UNC.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on-ncaa-likeness-case-attorney-fees/30121059/

This guy represents McCants (Rashad's sis) and Ramsey in the class action suit against the NCAA. They are former UNC athletes who claim they didn't get an education in return for their efforts on the field and the court. That is the NCAA's only argument in the pay student-athletes for the billions they return to the NCAA and their member institutions. THe NCAA says s/a are getting compensated in the form of academic scholarships. A bogus education (basically what thousands of UNC athletes were getting), which the NCAA would be okaying if they don't hammer the Heels will throw their argument out the window.

So the NCAA has a choice. Go light on UNC and suffer BIG TIME or hammer the Heels and say the Heels were a rogue school and that 99.9% of member institutions ARE providing a meaningful education in exchange for the billions the NCAA gets.

These lawyers are watching what the NCAA will do vs UNC, as are schools like UConn, So Cal, Syracuse, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT