ADVERTISEMENT

Is 6 wins possible in 2021?

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
I say yes! And here they are: East Carolina, Eastern Illinois, Troy, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee. Lose one, and we need to pick off Kentucky or Auburn.
A six win season and a bowl trip would get the Shane Train rolling!
And to you nay-sayers, I say, "Nay!"
Go Cocks! I've been cheering 'em since "Carolina Plays with A Loaded 38."

Isn't Bobo, still minus all his UGA talent, at Auburn now?

tenor.gif

I say yes! And here they are: East Carolina, Eastern Illinois, Troy, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee. Lose one, and we need to pick off Kentucky or Auburn.
I think it is possible but not probable.

6 wins and a bowl are certainly attainable and a reasonable expectation. If we beat the weaker teams, beat Ky and have one “upset” of a good team- we could win 7-8 and that would be an epic turnaround.

How would we do that? We have a fantastic run game coming back, entire OL who blocked for that Kevin Harris explosion last year returns except Hutch and we add Lloyd to the mix... that is a solid foundation and offensive identity to build from. We have a couple good TEs returning too- we need WRs. Transfer portal- got a goodine from Ga Tech, and looks like we will get that FCS QB/WR duo (I assume that is still a thing?), we also add Omega Blake in this cycle- great athlete, playmaker, 4A POY... and it looks like Mosely might be leaning our way after dropping his commit to UT. We may well have a chance at a solid offense next year! I like Doty’s potential and it seems we are all fans of an athletic QB...

Defense is a bigger concern. We have some talent on the DL- mostly unproven. Enagbare returns and he had a fantastic year, and we add the monster DT transfer from Nebraska.

LB and DB are absolute LIABILITIES!! They were last year despite having Izzy and Horn back there... With them and a handful of other guys gone, we will be lucky if we can field enough warm bodies to man a dime set at this point. Let alone having enough guys with the speed and ability needed to run a successful 4-2-5!! I am encouraged Beamer said we plan to add some more DBs this offseason... We better hope we find some studs in the portal!!

obviously we have a lot of challenges but 5-6 wins is still very reasonable with 7-8 a ceiling if everything goes well and we find some more LBs and DBs who can play. It is hard to predict anything at this point not knowing who is playing for us or what the scheme will look like with new coaches on both sides of the ball, but we should always expect to make a bowl.

And only IF that at best!!! I mean folks, we got A LOONNNGGGG WAAYYY to go - and such just ain't gonna occur quickly within the slightest, not outta this CAVERN that Muschump and Bobo the Dawg-Clown have guided and ultimately left this program in!!!

Patience people - We All Gonna Need It REALLY as of the day Ray hired Champ. Just the way thangs be's ratt now.

I mean if we all want it up where she can be, up to her fully achievable and sustainable level of success, then its simply gonna take devoted time and patience as Beamer achieves his goal(s) of reaching the level we all know we want, and THEN getting us to the point where it can and will be sustained!!

JMHOFWIW!!

Reactions: king ward
You never know what could happen do you remember how we all laughed when Clemson hired Dabo?

Dabo was on the brink of being fired a couple times earlier in his tenure. Even if Beamer is the right guy, it’s rarely a smooth path for a first time Head Coach. This will be a bumpy ride for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Right, but it starts with the first step.
Man. You're going to make this journey a long one. Just think. Maybe we DID get that first step right this time. Remember how everyone was so high on Tom Herman and Fuente last go round. And they didn't meet those high expectations. Perhaps we'll go into this with lower expectations, and be pleasantly surprised. I'm behind the new staff 100%.

Reactions: jimnasium
King, King. Come on, Dude! No need for all the that pessimism. Be a glass half full guy. I like you better that way. We're going to win. I feel it.
I'm not being pessimistic. If we get to play a full slate in 2021 and win half the games on our schedule with a new staff and a pieced-together roster, that would represent great improvement and an outstanding achievement.

Again, as previously mentioned...

You are SAD.

Mrs. Tanner,
I appreciate you but this is a discussion board, not groupthink central. Disagreement is welcome, we don’t squelch dissent here.

While you are at it, tell Ray Ray to do us all a favor and ride off in to the sunset as an ambassador.

• Haha
Reactions: DeBoer31
Eastern Illinois, ECU , troy, and Vandy got to win these games. To have any chance to get to 6-6.
And also Ray Tanner, why are we going to ECU ?

Reactions: DeBoer31
Mrs. Tanner,
I appreciate you but this is a discussion board, not groupthink central. Disagreement is welcome, we don’t squelch dissent here.

While you are at it, tell Ray Ray to do us all a favor and ride off in to the sunset as an ambassador.
Wow Dew-mahs!! I mean you even unwarily speak to/of yourself in your weakly warped mindset of bewilderment and self-doubt, while ignorantly directing your point(s) of accusation towards someone else!!

And by all means, do blissfully proceed with a so fittingly appropriate "deny, deny, deny" maneuver.

After all, you've quite recently (i.e. as in just now!!) proceeded to "privatize your account" despite it having been previously reviewed by others!!

In closing, by all means proceed accordingly; your vacillation is blatantly obvious!!!

Eastern Illinois, ECU , troy, and Vandy got to win these games. To have any chance to get to 6-6.
And also Ray Tanner, why are we going to ECU ?

With the 3 ooc patsies and vandy, 4 wins is the least to be expected.

Throw in Mizzou and how bad will tenn be by that point? 5 wins almost seems like a gimmee.

Reactions: NetworkX
I think 7-8 is realistic but not likely... 5 or more means that the kids are bought into the game plan and the future is bright3 or less is bad deal period... 4-6 means wait until next year...AGAIN

6 wins and a bowl are certainly attainable and a reasonable expectation. If we beat the weaker teams, beat Ky and have one “upset” of a good team- we could win 7-8 and that would be an epic turnaround.

How would we do that? We have a fantastic run game coming back, entire OL who blocked for that Kevin Harris explosion last year returns except Hutch and we add Lloyd to the mix... that is a solid foundation and offensive identity to build from. We have a couple good TEs returning too- we need WRs. Transfer portal- got a goodine from Ga Tech, and looks like we will get that FCS QB/WR duo (I assume that is still a thing?), we also add Omega Blake in this cycle- great athlete, playmaker, 4A POY... and it looks like Mosely might be leaning our way after dropping his commit to UT. We may well have a chance at a solid offense next year! I like Doty’s potential and it seems we are all fans of an athletic QB...

Defense is a bigger concern. We have some talent on the DL- mostly unproven. Enagbare returns and he had a fantastic year, and we add the monster DT transfer from Nebraska.

LB and DB are absolute LIABILITIES!! They were last year despite having Izzy and Horn back there... With them and a handful of other guys gone, we will be lucky if we can field enough warm bodies to man a dime set at this point. Let alone having enough guys with the speed and ability needed to run a successful 4-2-5!! I am encouraged Beamer said we plan to add some more DBs this offseason... We better hope we find some studs in the portal!!

obviously we have a lot of challenges but 5-6 wins is still very reasonable with 7-8 a ceiling if everything goes well and we find some more LBs and DBs who can play. It is hard to predict anything at this point not knowing who is playing for us or what the scheme will look like with new coaches on both sides of the ball, but we should always expect to make a bowl.
Weaker teams? Lol. We are one of those weaker teams. ..have you noticed we are loading up on walk ons and fcs transfers..

Reactions: The Doctors Back
No, but thats to be expected. Above four is a great achievement. We will get there, but let's be measured this early on.

Reactions: NetworkX
its great that people have such short memories...

like i posted few weeks ago, not even an act of saban could turn it around this quickly (2021).

3 wins is an improvement, literally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT