ADVERTISEMENT

Is Beamer our 4th or 5th choice ?

I don't think anyone on our list has told us "no" yet. Perhaps Freeze didn't want to talk to us. That's fine. But we are still feeling people out. Talk is there are 3 more interviews this week. Then a final decision will be made.

• Haha
Reactions: hornet9577
I don't think anyone on our list has told us "no" yet. Perhaps Freeze didn't want to talk to us. That's fine. But we are still feeling people out. Talk is there are 3 more interviews this week. Then a final decision will be made.

Where do you rank Beamer on that list ?

Freeze and Chadwell were hard passes for me in the first place. Freeze just had disaster written all over it. No real history of success in the SEC. His worst season at Ole Miss was his 5th season...the season in which Muschamp got canned. Chadwell...I don't put a lot of stock into North Greenville and Charleston Southern. He's never been around a big program.

As far as Napier, he is scheduled to interview this week.

Have we missed on Napier , Chadwell , and Freeze ?
He is second or third choice matt Campbell was top choice and some say second is a toss up between beamer and brown but the wv game getting rescheduled last week may hurt Brown's chances. Matt was holding out for Michigan or thier is even talk the Detroit lions are interested in him

He is second or third choice matt Campbell was top choice and some say second is a toss up between beamer and brown but the wv game getting rescheduled last week may hurt Brown's chances. Matt was holding out for Michigan or thier is even talk the Detroit lions are interested in him

Campbell never even entered consideration here.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001

IF this is true why keep interviewing other coaches ? Go ahead and lock down Beamer

Matt Campbell was the top choice? His name was never even floated until like a week ago and then the rumors were we showed kate interest and tried to lure him here for an interview, that doesn’t sound like a top choice to me... There is conflicting evidence all over the place with this search. I believe we have an idea of some of the names they are interested in but nothing more and speaking in absolutes is silly when everyone is guessing.

Reactions: rogue cock
Matt Campbell was the top choice? His name was never even floated until like a week ago and then the rumors were we showed kate interest and tried to lure him here for an interview, that doesn’t sound like a top choice to me... There is conflicting evidence all over the place with this search. I believe we have an idea of some of the names they are interested in but nothing more and speaking in absolutes is silly when everyone is guessing.
His name was out there from the start just depends on where you get your info from and who.

His name was out there from the start just depends on where you get your info from and who.
I get it from multiple sources and none of then mentioned him in anything more than a passing glance until a few days ago. Every source has conflicting guesses right now, nobody knows anything.

I get it from multiple sources and none of then mentioned him in anything more than a passing glance until a few days ago. Every source has conflicting guesses right now, nobody knows anything.

there's always someone claiming to have some real inside info, haha.

Freeze and Chadwell were hard passes for me in the first place. Freeze just had disaster written all over it. No real history of success in the SEC. His worst season at Ole Miss was his 5th season...the season in which Muschamp got canned. Chadwell...I don't put a lot of stock into North Greenville and Charleston Southern. He's never been around a big program.

As far as Napier, he is scheduled to interview this week.

Muschamp has nothing but bigtime programs associated with his career. How did that work out for us and Florida??

USCALUMNI

Reactions: Chanticleer37
A few names out there I would go with over Beamer. However I could get behind the Beamer hire if i just knew the Coordinator positions were in good hands. I like a lot of things about Beamer but none of them are X's & O's related (although he would probably improve our special teams greatly).

It just might be Beamer...seeing it everywhere.

Man, I hope the leftover turkey I just ate went bad, because my stomach is starting to churn.

• Haha
Reactions: Patriot321
You know what? You people making all these statements about whom you could accept, whom you could get behind, etc. Y'all tickle me. Y'all will eat spinach and like it. And even if you don't like it, you'll eat it anyway.

You know what? You people making all these statements about whom you could accept, whom you could get behind, etc. Y'all tickle me. Y'all will eat spinach and like it. And even if you don't like it, you'll eat it anyway.
Hopefully my self-delusion skills are not as good as when we hired Muschamp. But things around here have moved from an “anyone but Muschamp” standard to a much higher standard pretty quickly.

Conflicting info, during a coaching search? Say it ain't so. Don't pay attention to the hand over here....

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Conflicting info, during a coaching search? Say it ain't so. Don't pay attention to the hand over here....
But the guy said he has "different sources from different insiders" With an answer like that, are you not convinced he knows?

Brown's name from WVU has popped up recently. Would be fine, but I am wondering if he is just using the drama to get a raise out of WVU. Think Napier can be much more demanding now than a year ago. Figure he feels he will have other options along the way. He is a great coach, but I just don't see Chadwell being taken as seriously as he probably should be. And in this era of paying off Will and Covid causing a downturn in revenue, Beamer will come cheap, and that might be the difference. I hope not. But it may be just that simple

Where do you rank Beamer on that list ?
If the list has the names I think are on it he is 3rd or 4th.

Matt Campbell - far and away #1.
Billy Napier
Jamey Chadwell (tie)
Shane Beamer (tie)
Scott Satterfield
Neal Brown

I go back and forth about Chadwell. If he beats Freeze's Liberty team this weekend he goes to #2 over Napier. I honestly don't think we have a chance at Matt Campbell, but there are rumors that we are going to interview him.

Reactions: cockofthegoat
There has been a heavy promotion, PR move to get Beamer in no matter what. It started with him saying he wanted the job bad and then former players saying how great he is. (For a big total of 3 years). Then we have the close associates telling us how great a coach he can be although never offered a HC job before. Be careful with people pushing someone this hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT