ADVERTISEMENT

Is Dawn putting together her very best class yet? It sure sounds like she is

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
putting together the best class in the history of WBB. I don't know if that is true or not but she is doing one heck of a job.

Reactions: Brace1
No doubt she is putting together a terrific class. But the 2019 crew was historically good and has proven it On the court. If 2021 is gonna be her best class, they better go to work. The bar is very high.

I don't want to stop them before they even get started but....2021 will not top that 2019 class. However, the combination of both classes with 2018 and lone 2020 mingled together will be fire

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Does the '21 class have a game-changer of Boston's magnitude?
Saniya Rivers is as great a talent as Coach Staley has recruited. IMHO, the best guard Dawn has ever recruited. She is special. Feagin is a gifted 4 with a very high cealing. She'll be great. But I will not add the pressure of her being the next Aja. Breezy Hall is a great guard that can do it all on both ends of the floor. But as I said earlier the 2019crew just set the bar really high. We're very fortunate to have them all. Great great recruiting.

Don't sell Rivers short. She is special. Obviously she is not a center. But as shooting guards go her talent is just special. Time will tell how much impact she will have. I think she'll be absolutely terrific. But comparing her to a generationally great center does not compute.

Does the '21 class have a game-changer of Boston's magnitude?
Maybe with Rivers.... Boston is such a game changer because in WBB great post play is disproportionately effective. McCown at Miss st is a great example; one decent offensive move, good free throw shooter but quite frankly a lumbering stiff who was dominant because of her size. She struggles in WNBA to stay on the court.
Boston is way more talented and affects offense, defense, rebounding, ability to fast break.

Rivers is massively athletic, a shooter and a scorer. She is a lock down defender who will be taller, quicker and stronger than EVERY guard she defends. Think a better version of Tiffany Mitchell who is six inches taller. When Boston, Beal, and Rivers are on the court you will have an all conference defender at three positions

putting together the best class in the history of WBB. I don't know if that is true or not but she is doing one heck of a job.

I hope so, I want her to do what UConn did for years... She missed out on a National Championship because of COVID 19...

I think all sports that ended the season going into tournaments going in ranked number 1 should be awarded their National Championship because they played throughout the season and really have nothing to show for on a national level...

Reactions: lawcalcock
Honestly, who knows? Before season started hardly no one thought Boston would be as dominant as she was, if anything people were more interested in Cooke and Amihere. The 2021 class will be special but you never know who will surprise us once in a Gamecock uniform.

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT