ADVERTISEMENT

Is it muschamp?

Goldhunter

Apr 27, 2016
I read today that in 6 years as a HC in the SEC he has never had better than 2nd worse offense. Maybe it's him holding the OC back. If I'm wrong please tell me because I haven't looked it up but it sounds about right.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
If it is, he really, really, REALLY needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror at this point in time and make a change. If he makes a good hire for OC, and we remain 100+ in offense, then maybe it is him, in which case, he may not ever change, and he's therefore done. As I've said before, here's hoping it was Roper that was ailing us. Go Cocks!!!

Reactions: drawplay000
Well, yes it is Muschamp that is holding back the offensive STATISTICS. He want s a slowed down game, to grind the clock and keep his D fresh, limit the opposing team's TOP... that is his game plan.

This leads to poor offensive stats, but the ONLY STAT THAT MATTERS IS WINS AND LOSSES!! If our offense had executed better in the red zone, if our QB coach had produced better progression from our talented Sophomore QB... He would still have a job... but we looked lost out there way too often, our QB displayed poor timing with receivers, poor footwork and that lead to poor accuracy and too many turnovers... Those are problems relatable right back to the OC and QB coach. Both positions held by the same man who is now without a job.

Other facets of the offense epdeveloped well under the coaching of other people. The OL got better as the year progressed... the RBs were practically interchangeable all showing a grasp of the offense, blocking schemes and an ability to run with and catch the ball... the WRs were really good despite injuries, youth, inexperience... it seems our problems were poor development of the QB and miscommunications. Even had those errors been lessened, this offense was not going to be the best in the SEC though because a Champ does not WANT a flashy, quick strike attack.

Incorrect. Several reports out yesterday that Boom told Roper to open up the offense but he wouldn't. Also that the game plan that was practiced during the week didn't make it to the play sheet for Saturday. That is why Bentley looked unsure and held the ball too long because of the difference in practice and game day play calling. Also why QB and receivers had so much miscommunication.

Reactions: pettyw
Remember pro day last year? We were amazed at how slow the players were. I believe that is as much of the problem as anything. It’s gonna take time and a great OC.

Reactions: pettyw
Incorrect. Several reports out yesterday that Boom told Roper to open up the offense but he wouldn't. Also that the game plan that was practiced during the week didn't make it to the play sheet for Saturday. That is why Bentley looked unsure and held the ball too long because of the difference in practice and game day play calling. Also why QB and receivers had so much miscommunication.
Links?

Reactions: rogue cock
The play calling was on Roper. When you can sit in the stands or at home and call what play was about to be ran... that isn't Champ. He had no creativity. Champ is going to put somebody in place that can do what Champ needs done, but still call a productive game for us.

I read today that in 6 years as a HC in the SEC he has never had better than 2nd worse offense. Maybe it's him holding the OC back. If I'm wrong please tell me because I haven't looked it up but it sounds about right.

It's a fine line when you lack defensive depth. Ive got a good friend who is a UNC fan and he was jacked when they got Larry Fedora. He came in and they would average a play every 20 seconds and spread around and score a lot of points. For the most part they've done that. They've also had the 100th or worse ranked defense in the Nation regardless of who the DC is. This tells me Fedora's system will create a bad defense. I'm sure Muschamp sees that wide open style creating those type of defensive problems.

Did he not say the exact opposite of this when he was hired? Maybe I'm not remembering right?

Wanting to play fast and physical and having the players to play fast and physical are 2 different things, offensively and defensively.

The secret will be out if we bring in an OC that fans are super high on and he flops here. Then you know what the problem is. Matter of fact, I'm looking for the offense to be different (although slightly) for the bowl game. If we see any difference then we will know it was Roper, if it looks exactly the same then you know who has his nose in it.

Reactions: cockyferg
If Muschamp is looking for the best, they may be gone by January. There are a lot of teams looking for coaches. Why not identify the best and hire him? We are probably looking at an internal hire and hope for the best. I definitely don’t like the “ better give it to BMac or he might leave” camp. If we hire the best then the offensive players will come to play...BMac can be replaced in other words. No one that hasn’t proven himself over the long haul should hold us hostage.

Reactions: NooNoo
Well that's just all kinds of jacked-up.......

I don't buy into the notion that Muschamp wants to slow down the offense to give his defense more time off the field. Why? Because our 3 and outs are going to keep his defense on the field a lot more than a fast paced offense will. Our offense was fast this year....fast at it getting back on the sidelines with short drives. That's not good.

My thought is that Muschamp isn't good at identifying a good offensive coordinator. I am at least impressed that we are getting a new OC. Gives me hope that he knows there is a problem and is willing to change. Just need to get a good OC somehow, some way. If he does, we could legitimately be a very good team.

Reactions: 92Pony
The secret will be out if we bring in an OC that fans are super high on and he flops here. Then you know what the problem is. Matter of fact, I'm looking for the offense to be different (although slightly) for the bowl game. If we see any difference then we will know it was Roper, if it looks exactly the same then you know who has his nose in it.
That’s actually a good point. Well done.

Actually if Boom is concerned about a quick strike offense wearing down his defense, that's problematic all the way around. Fans like to see touchdowns - lots of them. The answer is conditioning and depth on D. Doesn't seem to bother Venables. Must be fun for the taters to watch.

Actually if Boom is concerned about a quick strike offense wearing down his defense, that's problematic all the way around. Fans like to see touchdowns - lots of them. The answer is conditioning and depth on D. Doesn't seem to bother Venables. Must be fun for the taters to watch.
That's what I'm saying they go fast, score a lot of points and still field a good D. What is wrong with that?

I thought our D was well-conditioned this season. They played. Lot of snaps most games and held their own for the most part. I think if their conditioning continues at the same level, they should be fine even with a quick strike offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT