ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too early to

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
rev up the "Fire Holbrook" bus? I mean we did lose to a small school in a rather insignificant game.

Just wondering.

We're in the top 5 in all 54 college baseball polls . Yes, get rid of him.

it's a 54 game regular season before we get to the games that matter..If with all the superb talent on this squad, we fail to get to the games that matter, it will be time to fire up the engine...I'll guarantee you there is no way Holbrook's job is in jeopardy this season period...Ray Tanner is not going to pull a quick trigger on any HBC unless there are extraordinary curcumstances...It's just not his character

rev up the "Fire Holbrook" bus? I mean we did lose to a small school in a rather insignificant game.

Just wondering.

Screenshot_2015-06-23-01-22-56.png

The cliché is that pitchers have the advantage over hitters in the spring. I assume gamecocks have some good hitters. Hopefully the bats will wake up soon.

The cliché is that pitchers have the advantage over hitters in the spring. I assume gamecocks have some good hitters. Hopefully the bats will wake up soon.

Haven't we said this exact same thing every year since Holbrook has become the HC? It is strange though because under Ray he was the hitting coach but since he became the HC they haven't hit nearly as well. Is it talent or coaching?

again, if he doesnt make it to Omaha this year, then the chatter can start. Losing a game this early (albeit to a satellite school of NC) is not good, but not a problem... Let it become a habit of losing (Midweek games) to lesser competition, then they have a problem..

whew.... two left on in ninth by UNCC . This is early in the season, but not promising..
What's not promising...we won.
We started a rookie pitcher who gave up 4 hits and 3 runs in 2.1 innings to put us in a little of a hole, and played a lot of inexperienced players tonight which is what teams do early in the season. But we came back with solid pitching holding them to 5 hits and 1 run for 6.2 innings.
If anything hitting is not impressive thus far, but it has been adequate and affective enough in 3 out of 4 games and I believe it will improve. I don't see Blair batting 9th for long...at least I hope not. I wouldn't say it's a concern at this point regardless of the past 3 seasons.
There's nothing I'd like to see more than blowing teams out by 10-15 runs, but it's been years since we've done that.
Not trying to pump sunshine, just saying it's early and trying to keep people from getting discourage. And hoping the trolls don't feed off of anything negative they read :)

What's not promising...we won.
We started a rookie pitcher who gave up 4 hits and 3 runs in 2.1 innings to put us in a little of a hole, and played a lot of inexperienced players tonight which is what teams do early in the season. But we came back with solid pitching holding them to 5 hits and 1 run for 6.2 innings.
If anything hitting is not impressive thus far, but it has been adequate and affective enough in 3 out of 4 games and I believe it will improve. I don't see Blair batting 9th for long...at least I hope not. I wouldn't say it's a concern at this point regardless of the past 3 seasons.
There's nothing I'd like to see more than blowing teams out by 10-15 runs, but it's been years since we've done that.
Not trying to pump sunshine, just saying it's early and trying to keep people from getting discourage. And hoping the trolls don't feed off of anything negative they read :)

lets see, loss to a satellite NC school, very next game, 5-4 win over a different satellite team, one that left the tying and go ahead runs on base in the ninth?? Had this been Florida or Vandy or even College of Charleston, not an issue but those, well it is early, but not looking good IMO..

Reactions: RaginRooster
lets see, loss to a satellite NC school, very next game, 5-4 win over a different satellite team, one that left the tying and go ahead runs on base in the ninth?? Had this been Florida or Vandy or even College of Charleston, not an issue but those, well it is early, but not looking good IMO..

Lol...and Florida will cover the spread against us in the basketball game by halftime according to you too. Go back to football because basketball and baseball clearly aren't your strong suit.

Well...that's baseball.
We always got hoops :eek:

Lol...and Florida will cover the spread against us in the basketball game by halftime according to you too. Go back to football because basketball and baseball clearly aren't your strong suit.
So maybe i was off a bit on Halftime, I will admit, didnt expect a late 1st quarter run to cut it to 2, But I had laid my money on Final score CHA CHING!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT