ADVERTISEMENT

Is July the worst sports month of the year ?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Yes it is.
Middle of a long baseball season
No football
Hot
No college baseball
HOT
No college basketball .
Hot

British and yes I still call it the British open is on.
800px_COLOURBOX6343985.jpg

Reactions: Cybercock
They were showing women's college bowling on some sports channel the other day.

This is a great month (and all summer) really to catch up on a lot of neglected things. Like reorganizing my tools Tim Allen style and cleaning out our closet Eminem style. It's not as bad as it sounds, and it's nice to find things I forgot about. Plus, I love construction projects of which I have a few

Yes it is.
Middle of a long baseball season
No football
Hot
No college baseball
HOT
No college basketball .
Hot
If you're tied to only a few sports, then yes. Otherwise you have Wimbledon, the TdF, the British Open, Diamond League, soccer. It's actually a very busy sports month...if you don't rely on football only. May & June are much worse IMHO.

I get along fine with MLB and the Open. Then there's NBA summer league with Alonzo Ball for all you masochists out there.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
MLB, some soccer and Indycar racing. I used to like NASCAR, but they've made it so weird I don't even follow much anymore. I have found I actually like Indycar. Wish I could get one of those cars on I-95 ....

Either that or an Abrams tank.

Everything about July sucks except for our nation and some family members birthdays. TV, sports, it all blows. NASCAR just plain out sucks anymore. Stands might be half full. I expect it to die shortly, kind of like the And1 tour, the USFL, XFL, etc. Side note they should bring back the XFL. He hate me.

Same here, always have.

When did they decide to start calling it The Open?

Btw, I'm watching. I never miss a major but this one kind of sucks due to the nice weather. Looks like the Greater Milwaukee Open. I want to see players challenged in the majors, not driving the greens on Par 4's.

Alonzo Ball, hahaha

I'm left wondering if the misspelled name was on purpose or not? If so, genius...if not....well, genius all the same

Baseball and golf, I'm good. We try to stay on the coast for as much as July as possible, so watching just a couple of sports is perfect for this time of year.

Yep. Oddly enough, I actually look forward to watching some Gold Cup soccer to help pass the time.
Same. If you like soccer, it's still a decent month. I enjoy both MLS and Gold Cup soccer plus baseball. It's certainly not the best month for sports, but I actually prefer this time of year over the winter months after the Super Bowl but before the college basketball tourney.

I think some of y'all may have too much of your lives revolving around the TV. The Summer is a great time to get off the couch and stop watching other people doing stuff and start doing some stuff yourselves. You know, _playing_ golf is a lot more fun that watching it on TV. But riding motorcycles, playing in the lake, shooting guns, hiking up to some waterfalls in the mountains, and a lot of other activities are also more fun than an afternoon on the couch in your man-cave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT