ADVERTISEMENT

Is next year's Clemson game

No, but I think it will be a possible win. I think the gap is not as large as many believe. You can never say a game against a perennial playoff team is a must-win. We could be a 7-win team next year. 8 would be pretty good. 9 or more would be fantastic.

The antidote to an elite QB is to get after him so badly that he can't make his reads. And score more points, of course.

As much as it pains me to say it, we must be patient with Will like CU has been with Dabo. Dabo was 1-5 in his first six against them. Will will build something similar to Clemson if we give him time. We have the right pieces, it will just take time and next year, while we may win it, is not a "must win". Even if we do win it will not indicate we have passed Clemson. Passing Clemson is going to take three more cycles and will also involve them taking a step back while we keep moving forward.

We're not going to win the SEC East anytime soon, so we need start putting our eggs into beating the Clemson basket...

And it won't be next year... Maybe 2020 we'll have a chance to beat Clemson...

Depends on which one and which six or seven.
You've got to win six at least - probably seven - to with the East. And we already know we're going to play Georgia every year. UPC is the bomb right now, but our main problem is that we aren't as good as we were. If we were, they wouldn't be running free like they have been. Get us back to being good and I still maintain that it will be easier to beat them than it will be to beat six or seven of eight SEC opponents. It was that way during the best five years of Spurrier's tenure.

Last edited:
Get us back to being good and I still maintain that it will be easier to beat them that it will be to beat six or seven of eight SEC opponents. It was that way during the best five years of Spurrier's tenure.
I agree. If this team were good enough to beat Kentucky, A&M, and Florida this year (meaning we would have had some semblance of a defense by the end of the season), Saturday's game would have been very close. Make yourself competitive in the SEC and the Clemson issue will resolve itself.

Reactions: king ward
Wins against a ranked team or two next year is important, IMO - as we will likely be played 5+ of them. There's no excuse for us to play almost half of the season as poor as we did this year.

Muschamp now sits 5-27 against ranked opponents as a Head Coach - and that figure is underscored by the fact he accumulated this at UF and SC.

We played a good game on Saturday but the season as a whole was disappointing. The Florida game, ridiculous - a prime time moment for him to change the course of our season and the team suddenly shifts its paradigm to manage a lead. That had his signature all over it and helps shed more light on the aforementioned dismal record.

Let's hope much can be carried over offensively into next year and the defense gets back in order. Otherwise, I do think Muschamp and this coaching staff starts to feel some serious heat next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT