ADVERTISEMENT

Is SC as bad as Vandy and Worse than 12 SEC teams??

Unfortunately, I see nothing pointing to the contrary. Teams are either trending up or trending down and we have seen absolutely nothing, from top to bottom, indicating an upward trend. Maybe we change it Saturday night.

Impossible to say at this point, but unless the defense wakes up and starts tackling, the ranking may turn out to be on the money.

Bottom dwellers. Never thought that would happen two years ago. We should at least be able to sustain a mid-pack ranking. Just shows where the program is now.

I'm sorry but Mizzou is not that good! Can we beat them at their place? Maybe BUT I think most everyone is putting all their eggs in one basket with
the loss vs. Kentucky! Yes, we should have not lost that game BUT these guys deserve our support and not the constant whining on this board. That Missouri game is a must win at this point.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I think MSU, UK, Tenn, Florida, USC, Missouri, Arkansas are currently relatively even right now, with Tenn's future looking the best. I know the staff is working his recruiting season very hard and trying to turn the trend around. But lets be honest, if the trend on recruiting cannot be turned around, this might be the best year for Spurrier to retire for USC. The Jr and So classes in South Carolina are loaded with talent.

I'm sorry but Mizzou is not that good! Can we beat them at their place? Maybe BUT I think most everyone is putting all their eggs in one basket with
the loss vs. Kentucky! Yes, we should have not lost that game BUT these guys deserve our support and not the constant whining on this board. That Missouri game is a must win at this point.
It's very short sighted to think this is about the Kentucky game. There is a bigger picture and the Kentucky game is only one piece of this whole situation. If people can't see we have issues beyond one loss then they don't want to see it. This started with replacing good coaches with non-SEC caliber coaches. Replacing Beamer with Jr. Replacing Graham with Sands. Replacing Lawing with Adams. Replacing EJ (LB coach) with Botkin and replacing EJ (DC) with Ward. This started when we were playing with Clowney, Ingram, Lattimore, DJ, Antonio Allen, Devin Taylor, TJ Johnson, Justice Cunningham, Connor Shaw and Alshon BUT only coming out with one east win to show for it. We had all of these NFL caliber players while playing in a pathetic eastern division and squandered single games (like Kentucky this year) over and over. This started when we beat the crap out of Georgia time and time again, but crapped a loss EVERY year to lose the east. We have followed the greatest years of Carolina football with nothing to show for it. Our two deep is littered with walk-ons and we want to call ourselves "elite". We followed those great players with a 2015 class that fell apart and now a 2016 that is struggling. This has nothing to do with "putting all eggs in one basket". This has to do with a downward trend and no plans to remedy the situation.

Here is Spurrier's quote, maybe some should revisit it:

“In ’06, we lost a close one to Auburn. They sort of clapped as the guys left the field. So yeah, I said, ‘Please don’t do that again. Please don’t clap when you lose a game.’ There’s no moral victories in any sport.”

It's very short sighted to think this is about the Kentucky game. There is a bigger picture and the Kentucky game is only one piece of this whole situation. If people can't see we have issues beyond one loss then they don't want to see it. This started with replacing good coaches with non-SEC caliber coaches. Replacing Beamer with Jr. Replacing Graham with Sands. Replacing Lawing with Adams. Replacing EJ (LB coach) with Botkin and replacing EJ (DC) with Ward. This started when we were playing with Clowney, Ingram, Lattimore, DJ, Antonio Allen, Devin Taylor, TJ Johnson, Justice Cunningham, Connor Shaw and Alshon BUT only coming out with one east win to show for it. We had all of these NFL caliber players while playing in a pathetic eastern division and squandered single games (like Kentucky this year) over and over. This started when we beat the crap out of Georgia time and time again, but crapped a loss EVERY year to lose the east. We have followed the greatest years of Carolina football with nothing to show for it. Our two deep is littered with walk-ons and we want to call ourselves "elite". We followed those great players with a 2015 class that fell apart and now a 2016 that is struggling. This has nothing to do with "putting all eggs in one basket". This has to do with a downward trend and no plans to remedy the situation.

Here is Spurrier's quote, maybe some should revisit it:

“In ’06, we lost a close one to Auburn. They sort of clapped as the guys left the field. So yeah, I said, ‘Please don’t do that again. Please don’t clap when you lose a game.’ There’s no moral victories in any sport.”
Maybe so but Unless he retires, there is no point bitching about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT