ADVERTISEMENT

Is the problem muschamp...not roper?

NooNoo

Jan 27, 2002
...hear me out. Muschamp had what? 4 offensive coordinators at Florida? Every single one put up awful numbers. The head coach is the common denominator. I think roper sucks but i think he is doing exactly what the head coach wants. That is playing losing offensive football. My bigger problem with roper is the god awful quarterback play. I want a change just based on me air mail by himself. Just spit balling.

It might be; I wasn't in favor of the Muschamp hire from the start. Our record this season was inflated by a weak schedule and our offense the last 2 seasons has been like watching paint dry.

Reactions: Brace1
...hear me out. Muschamp had what? 4 offensive coordinators at Florida? Every single one put up awful numbers. The head coach is the common denominator. I think roper sucks but i think he is doing exactly what the head coach wants. That is playing losing offensive football. My bigger problem with roper is the god awful quarterback play. I want a change just based on me air mail by himself. Just spit balling.
You're 100% dead on IMO. Muschamp wants to win with defense (noble thought, but even Saban/Bammer can't do that any more), and very unlikely he can do that at USC (couldn't do it at Auburn so doubt that works here either as we need offense, defense, and special teams). I didn't like the hire but when you're down to your #4 candidate, not sure we could do much better.

Listen to Muschamp's presser last night and either he really doesn't get it or he's singing a different tune behind closed doors. He blamed the line for last night for crying out loud. One reporter tried to ask about if Jake had any sort of blame, oh no ofcourse not. He even took the time to explain away every one of his interceptions this season. Either he's in serious denial or Bobby is running the show. Something is going on that's for sure. I don't know how the hell you watch that game last night and blame the line. We ran the ball pretty well for God sakes.

Reactions: Logic1969
I have been thinking the same thing for awhile. Muschamp seems to have a style that asks his OC to be like a game managing Qb. His style has kept us in all but two games which coincidentally, are the two best teams we played when you need more than a game manager. I could be wrong.
Either way, I long for the day when we dictate on both sides of the ball instead of playing cautious.

You can win with great defense and solid offense and a sound kicking game. But if you go that route, the defense has to be Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain great. That's as hard to build as it is a great offense, so we might as well strive to be good on both sides of the ball. Our offense sucks, and it's not just because Debo got hurt, either, though that didn't help.

This thought has been crossing my mind. Muschamp is a defensive guy. Defensive guys love methodical time consuming grind it out offenses. That plays into having a strong rested defense. Naturally he's going to hire a guy that subscribes to his philosophy or make him go by it. That many OC's and no results makes you see that.

Reactions: Brace1
Listen to Muschamp's presser last night and either he really doesn't get it or he's singing a different tune behind closed doors. He blamed the line for last night for crying out loud. One reporter tried to ask about if Jake had any sort of blame, oh no ofcourse not. He even took the time to explain away every one of his interceptions this season. Either he's in serious denial or Bobby is running the show. Something is going on that's for sure. I don't know how the hell you watch that game last night and blame the line. We ran the ball pretty well for God sakes.
A RB coach isn’t running the game over a head coach.

You can win with great defense and solid offense and a sound kicking game. But if you go that route, the defense has to be Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain great. That's as hard to build as it is a great offense, so we might as well strive to be good on both sides of the ball. Our offense sucks, and it's not just because Debo got hurt, either, though that didn't help.
We stall on drives before Debo was hurt. We score what 24 offensive points against Mizz? Everybody and Newberry College could score that many on them.

The buck stops with Muschamp whether the problem is Roper or not. I get that you have to give a new coach a honeymoon period to get " his guys" into the program. But when you have a guy like Muschamp, who had one glaring weakness at the place that fired him, you have to be vigilant against that same recurring issue. He's had 6 years as a head coach to figure out how to have an offense and he obviously hasn't figured it out yet. You can say it's because we don't have the talent, but he has great recruiting classes at UF and couldn't score points there either.

I bet the RB coach has more input on the QB than we realize.
See, this is the problem with nepotism. It's OK when things go well, but when there are problems, the nepotism itself becomes an issue along with the other problems - and it's a poisonous issue once it gets out there..

Muschamp said Clemson's front 4 effected SC's run and pass game and had a hard time blocking them, and that's the truth

Reactions: GarnetBlood80
Muschamp said Clemson's front 4 effected SC's run and pass game and had a hard time blocking them, and that's the truth
When you're 3 scores behind and in obvious passing situations, hell yeah they're going to be tough to block. We ran the ball rather well on them most of the night though. Pass blocking was decent when it wasn't obvious we HAD to pass. O-line gets a B- from me last night. QB gets an F- .

When you're 3 scores behind and in obvious passing situations, hell yeah they're going to be tough to block. We ran the ball rather well on them most of the night though. Pass blocking was decent when it wasn't obvious we HAD to pass. O-line gets a B- from me last night. QB gets an F- .

Lol, SC gained 81 yards rushing

28 points/game used to be considered high scoring. Today, that would put you 73rd out of 129 teams. College football is changing. Ball control offense is becoming archaic. Muschamp needs to stop being stubborn and change with the times or....well....fill in the blanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT