ADVERTISEMENT

Is the seat 🔥

I just don't see how Frank gets a pass, if we don't make the tournament this season. I wonder if Ray is thinking the same way.
This team isn’t capable of a run. Princeton beat us and the excuse was no Bryant. Bryant is back and now the excuse will be no Cousinard. Problem is, neither are really that good. This program is 2-3 years from being decent, regardless who the coach is. And that’s minimum. I’ve supported Frank. But sick of losing to these teams. Time to move on. Most of the fans have already and that’s possibly the saddest part.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
This team isn’t capable of a run. Princeton beat us and the excuse was no Bryant. Bryant is back and now the excuse will be no Cousinard. Problem is, neither are really that good. This program is 2-3 years from being decent, regardless who the coach is. And that’s minimum. I’ve supported Frank. But sick of losing to these teams. Time to move on. Most of the fans have already and that’s possibly the saddest part.
Frank is the problem. Even Ray knows at this point. He’s adios after this season.

Reactions: taxcock
FFF doesn't normally have anything to do in March. Hopefully he will have something to do next March, like cleaning out his office.

Tonight's game was awfully Brutal! Just because we have 1 player out tonight doesn't mean losing by 20+ by Coastal Carolina? If you watched/listened to the game...we were just out-coached! I guess Frank's method is to teach our players to foul and throw up 3's?
I understand we don't have the elite talent but that's why you are being paid...Coach up and teach the talent you have!!!
Just unacceptable! Let the excuses rain in!!!

I'll say this: Dawn Staley in women's basketball, Ray Tanner in baseball, Steve Spurrier in football and Eddie Fogler in men's basketball (I know he didn't do well at the Big Dance) have proved you can win big at South Carolina in these sports IF you have competent leadership. So, there is hope.

I'm old enough to remember the Frank McGuire years in the mid to late 60s and early 70s. I would love to see that again. But, it may not happen. I recall when Desi Arnaz was dying, he talked about Lucille Ball during an interview. Something he said has stuck in my brain: he said: "a Lucy comes around only once in a lifetime". It could be that a "Frank McGuire" comes around only once in a lifetime of a school's fan. I hope that's not the case. I hope that young Gamecock fans can experience that some day too. It was an amazing time for Carolina basketball.

I just don't see how Frank gets a pass, if we don't make the tournament this season. I wonder if Ray is thinking the same way.
He was thinking that last year when our SC legislature questioned the University's request for the medical school funding and our President at the time couldn't answer the legislature's questions.

I like a lot of things Martins says, and he comes across as a likeable person. I want him and all of our coaches to succeed, but I am tired of mediocre basketball. He's been at SC over nine years, how much times does he need to put together a team that can consistently beat mid-majors and compete in its conference?

We were already dumb enough to hire our best coach away from ourselves once with Tanner. Sure…let’s do that again.
I was not being serious because it would never happen, regardless. Just trying to make light of our men's basketball situation. Have to laugh about it. I'm too old to cry about it.

I really like Frank and what he means to this University...but at some point you have to show some sort of improvement. Now I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the next few games becuase of all of the new players. But damn...you can't get beat by 24 by Coastal. He better wax Clemson becuase only that will cool off the seat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT