ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any mechanism whereby we can discuss the intersection of politics/current events and sports

I don’t think there are many actual Republicans left anymore whether in DC or anywhere else.
No.. it's not a George H.W. Bush brand of conservativism. It revolves around social issues and vague Southern Strategy platitudes.

I don't have any idea of what Bidens participation in Obama's corruption is. If he did something wrong, when does the trial start? I mean it's been 3.5 years since he was vice president. How come nothing has happened? Same with Hillary, seems she would be in federal prison if you listen to trump, yet she's not.
Sounds like more trump rhetoric. At some point most everybody becomes a criminal, a liar, a dope, etc especially after people leave the administration. Somebody ask him the other day, after his comments on Bolton, why he kept hiring dopes & liars ( after, I know the best people thing)? His response was to walk away.
Barr and Durham have not released their findings yet.

The deep state (yes, it clearly exists) has protected Democrats for the last few decades. This clearly includes Obama and Hillary. If you think either of them is clean, you are kidding yourself.

The difference is Trump will get rid of non-performers. Others, like Obama kept them around.

So that's why elected Republicans are so apprehensive to criticize Trump? They have been spineless since inauguration. It is the party of Trump now.
Don’t know where you got spineless. Wasn’t the previous eight years the party of Obama? When did his house and senate go against him?

I agree with the first part. The idea is, not only military soldiers have the responsibility to defend our rights and freedoms. ALL US citizens have that responsibility, because this is a nation of its citizens, and the greatest power of governing this nation falls in the hands of its citizens, not the politicians (autocracy) or the military (stratocracy).

Our freedoms and rights and liberties were hard to come by, and they were won mostly NOT by a military, but by a Republican Militia made up of farmers and colonialists. In other words, by what would become this nation's civilian citizenship.

What this means to those who truly understand what powers the Constitution gives its citizens, is that what Kaepernick and other NFL players did in kneeling in the presence of the flag is EXACTLY what US soldiers do, when they join the military, go off to a foreign land, fight in wars and possibly kill other men or even lose their own lives.

Kaepernick and the others saw what they perceived to be abuses of power and authority, and violations against the constitutional rights of African-American citizens by the law enforcement. That is NOT what the American flag nor the people it represents, is supposed to stand for. So they knelt - not to disrespect what the flag stands for, but to DEFEND what it stands for. To get the attention of the people towards what they perceived to be these abuses and violations.

So I fully support that action, because to NOT support it is the EXACT SAME as NOT supporting the American soldiers who go off to fight in foreign wars. They are fighting for the SAME EXACT THINGS - just one group is wearing a military uniform, and the other is not.

But what I think was done wrong, was Kaepernick and the other player's choices to use NFL venues and games as the stage for their protests, without first consulting the NFL and getting them on the same page with them. By not doing that, it put the NFL into a corner, and made them have to REact instead of PROact to the demonstrations.

The NFL has always tried to work with and in support of the NFLPA in social issues and causes, and there's no doubt that they would have tried to do so here, but they weren't given much chance by Kaepernick. He took it upon himself as if the entire NFL league was his to use and weaponize for his cause, without anyone else's voice in the matter.

As a result, I think the demonstrations backfired a bit. It made him and the others seem to be rogue demonstrators. Plus just kneeling to get people's attention is just the first step. Once you have their attention, you then need to move up to more directly relevant measures, like initiating talks and discussions with major law enforcement agencies, getting Congressional hearings conducted and getting them involved. Making actual meaningful progress towards getting chances done.

Again, having the NFL backing you up helps a great deal in that regard. But after 2-3 years of just kneeling and doing nothing but kneeling, it started rubbing raw the very people who's attention you wanted to get.
Naw, I disagree that he should have taken it to the league first. All that would have done is give them time to enact a policy to prevent him from doing so. Without a rule present, I agree with him using his platform to peacefully protest. No one would have paid attention to anything he said had he just posted it on Twitter, or held a rally. No, he did it on the biggest stage. You can debate the disrespect aspect of it, but change in this country has never taken place until you make white people uncomfortable.

Reactions: paladin181
Barr and Durham have not released their findings yet.

The deep state (yes, it clearly exists) has protected Democrats for the last few decades. This clearly includes Obama and Hillary. If you think either of them is clean, you are kidding yourself.

The difference is Trump will get rid of non-performers. Others, like Obama kept them around.
Why did he hire nonperformers to begin with? (and apparently a bunch of them) He knows the best people, remember? Ah the fictional "deep state", that's always a goody to fall back on. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting on Trump's Roy Cohn to release his findings. Gonna be epic, much like what Trump's investigators found out in Hawaii. You know, the blockbuster news he's yet to reveal. I mean its only been 9 years now but it's gonna be big, real big.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Why did he hire nonperformers to begin with? (and apparently a bunch of them) He knows the best people, remember? Ah the fictional "deep state", that's always a goody to fall back on. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting on Trump's Roy Cohn to release his findings. Gonna be epic, much like what Trump's investigators found out in Hawaii. You know, the blockbuster news he's yet to reveal. I mean its only been 9 years now.
He's publicly trashed Bolton, Tillerson, Mattis, Sessions, Priebus, Bannon, Omarosa and Kelly, off the top of my head. Based on his comments, Trump has proven to be a terrible talent evaluator.

Don’t know where you got spineless. Wasn’t the previous eight years the party of Obama? When did his house and senate go against him?
Didn’t all the faux Republicans complain about that for 6 years? Was it that this happened or that they weren’t getting to do it?

Didn’t all the faux Republicans complain about that for 6 years? Was it that this happened or that they weren’t getting to do it?

Lol. So we've boiled it down to Reps complaining when Dems did it, and Dems complaining when Reps did it?

Almost like they're all a bunch of hypocritical liars?

It would make me a happy man if more than a few percent of the voting public agreed with that opinion.

Lol. So we've boiled it down to Reps complaining when Dems did it, and Dems complaining when Reps did it?

Almost like they're all a bunch of hypocritical liars?

It would make me a happy man if more than a few percent of the voting public agreed with that opinion.
Exactly!

This is my whole problem with the current two party system. People seem to think one group wants something different than the other when the reality is all they really want is power and the ability to manipulate things in their own self interest. It doesn’t matter whether there is an R or a D after the name the end goal is the same.

Something I just noticed. Several of us with varying and diametric opinions have been debating without ugly. No one has gotten personal, using words like stupid silly, sad,idiot or any other personal attacks. That’s a good thing

Reactions: TheReelEss
Why did he hire nonperformers to begin with? (and apparently a bunch of them) He knows the best people, remember? Ah the fictional "deep state", that's always a goody to fall back on. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting on Trump's Roy Cohn to release his findings. Gonna be epic, much like what Trump's investigators found out in Hawaii. You know, the blockbuster news he's yet to reveal. I mean its only been 9 years now but it's gonna be big, real big.
A presidential administration is made up of a large number of people and as a political outsider, Trump had to start from scratch.

You are being dishonest if you don't think there is a deep state in Washington that was weaponized by Obama. Do you actually think the FBI was honest and above board?

If the Democrats weren't scared to death of Trump, they would not have spent four years trying underhanded efforts to undermine his administration. Their supporting news media has been there to help.

Reactions: importcock
If the Democrats weren't scared to death of Trump, they would not have spent four years trying underhanded efforts to undermine his administration. Their supporting news media has been there to help.
Same thing we heard about the Republicans and Obama from 2010 to 2016.

No, Republicans NEVER attacked Obama the way the Democrats have attacked Trump. Not even close. The news media has been even worse. Obama continually got a free pass from them. Now, we are seeing how corrupt Obama was.
Here is a excerpt from an interview on Fox with Chris Wallace and Mick Mulvaney

WALLACE: You were there, of what the Republicans did to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on Benghazi, on Fast and Furious. And they got some things done despite the fact that these were aggressive partisan investigations.

MULVANEY: Well, we didn’t get very much done. Listen, I’ll be the first to admit that when the tea party wave, of which I was one, got here in 2011, the last thing we were interested in was giving President Obama legislative successes.

Here is a quote from Mitch McConnell on his philosophy of working with the other side:

“We worked very hard to keep our fingerprints off of these proposals. Because we thought — correctly, I think — that the only way the American people would know that a great debate was going on was if the measures were not bipartisan.”

Fox was also dedicating hours of TV coverage to Obama wearing a tan suit I don’t think acting like this is unprecedented really works in anyone’s favor.

Here is a excerpt from an interview on Fox with Chris Wallace and Mick Mulvaney

WALLACE: You were there, of what the Republicans did to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on Benghazi, on Fast and Furious. And they got some things done despite the fact that these were aggressive partisan investigations.

MULVANEY: Well, we didn’t get very much done. Listen, I’ll be the first to admit that when the tea party wave, of which I was one, got here in 2011, the last thing we were interested in was giving President Obama legislative successes.

Here is a quote from Mitch McConnell on his philosophy of working with the other side:

“We worked very hard to keep our fingerprints off of these proposals. Because we thought — correctly, I think — that the only way the American people would know that a great debate was going on was if the measures were not bipartisan.”

Fox was also dedicating hours of TV coverage to Obama wearing a tan suit I don’t think acting like this is unprecedented really works in anyone’s favor.
LOL! You just proved my point!

Republicans tried to stop Obama legislatively while Democrats have tried to pull every trick in the book to destroy Trump.

You tried to prove me wrong and actually proved me right. Thank you!

LOL! You just proved my point!

Republicans tried to stop Obama legislatively while Democrats have tried to pull every trick in the book to destroy Trump.

You tried to prove me wrong and actually proved me right. Thank you!
No it doesn’t. Mullvaney wasn’t talking about legislation.

I get that people don’t like to acknowledge hypocrisy when it doesn’t suit their narrative but there is no point trying to pretend like it isn’t there.

No it doesn’t. Mullvaney wasn’t talking about legislation.

I get that people don’t like to acknowledge hypocrisy when it doesn’t suit their narrative but there is no point trying to pretend like it isn’t there.
You are comparing apples to oranges.

The Republicans and news media in no way came close to attacking Obama the way the Democrats and news media have gone after Trump. It is not even close.

There is no point in trying to pretend it was similar.

People were given two options by the parties. A guy who says a lot of crass stuff and a very compromised political gangster. We all made our choices. Are we all evil or hypocritical for voting for one of them? As I've said, you take the one that is least disgusting in that case.

No. You stick to your principles.

If you can’t stick to them when it’s tough, they aren’t worth a crap. We found out those principles were not worth anything.

Same with Hillary, seems she would be in federal prison if you listen to trump, yet she's not..

Trump never had any intention of seriously going after hillary. It was all talk and a lot of his supporters really believed him.

remember, trump is on video praising Hillary as a doing a good job after her tenure as Sec of State Was over. This is well after Benghazi.

he just plays his base like a fiddle.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

The Republicans and news media in no way came close to attacking Obama the way the Democrats and news media have gone after Trump. It is not even close.

There is no point in trying to pretend it was similar.
You only feel that way because you were okay with it then and you’re not now.

You only feel that way because you were okay with it then and you’re not now.
Nice try, but no true.

Republicans never spied on Obama, they never launched a special counsel investigation based on false information and they never sought to impeach him based on flimsy information with hidden witnesses.

No, what the Republicans did to Obama doesn't come remotely close to what the Democrats and supporting news media have done to Trump. Not even close.

Reactions: importcock
Nice try, but no true.

Republicans never spied on Obama, they never launched a special counsel investigation based on false information and they never sought to impeach him based on flimsy information with hidden witnesses.

No, what the Republicans did to Obama doesn't come remotely close to what the Democrats and supporting news media have done to Trump. Not even close.
Well I fully expect you’ll get to live your dream with “Obamagate” investigation that will culminate sometime in late October/early November.

I’m not sure it really supports your cause to post information from that source. I’m guessing you don’t know much about their founders.
The same poster has linked an article from the Baltimore Gazette. The Fed Ex conspiracy. Had posters losing their minds thinking Hillary had stolen the election.

I’m not sure it really supports your cause to post information from that source. I’m guessing you don’t know much about their founders.
Hey, Con men like trump couldn't exist without people to con. Funny as hell to hear all this talk about unproven corruption that will never amount to anything while at the same time buying hook, line, & sinker every lie that the guy who swindled his fellow citizens out of their cash with a fake university happens to tell that day. The same crime family who was ordered to shutdown a supposedly nonprofit foundation for using it like "their personal piggy bank". But yeah, everyone's corrupt except the guy who's already proven to be corrupt.

ADVERTISEMENT