ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the latest way Carolina athletics is falling behind?

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
With recent changes in college athletics in some states to allow players to earn some money off their name/likeness, I have seen several schools rushing to offer interesting personal brand management programs for their student athletes. I have already seen examples of this at Florida, Alabama and Arkansas. Most are marketing it heavily to prospective student athletes. See the Arkansas video below. Has anyone seen something like this out of Columbia? These changes are going to happen fast and the schools that are late on the bandwagon are going to suffer in recruitment. We dont have a good track record of being on the leading edge of this stuff......most often needing to play catch up later.

This Arkansas video wisely ties their program to their flagship university status (an advantage we have over CU), large network of alums in the state (another advantage we have over CU) and major state employers. Very smart.

Reactions: redrogers
We already have a deal in place with the best firm, some on Texas, LSU and Ohio State are using. We are out in front on this.
Is this sarcasm? If not, can you provide details? Because in my 46 years on this earth, the only thing we've been out in front of is ineptitude. We have truly mastered it.

Agree ....alot of our fanbase worries about stuff that does not really matter like helmets and uniforms....WHO CARES JUST WIN GAMES!

Reactions: rogue cock
Agree ....alot of our fanbase worries about stuff that does not really matter like helmets and uniforms....WHO CARES JUST WIN GAMES!

Winning games doesn't just happen. Someone has to worry about all the "little things" that add up to a successful program.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT