ADVERTISEMENT

It’s going to be brutal next year.

Rogerdodger95

Oct 9, 2012
Lucky us. We play 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 16 next year in the final 2018 polls. It’s not like we are going to catch up in recruiting. We play 4 of the top 6 in the recruiting polls.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I dont believe it means we wont recruit well and I also dont believe it doesnt mean the team as a whole cant take a big step 8n getting better

Reactions: rogue cock
Only if you measure success solely by wins and losses. I think if we hit 8 - 9 wins with that schedule with an upset or two we have made progress.

I am not willing to say Florida is head and shoulders above us. A deeper D Line and added depth would = a better outcome.

Our team will be much more grown up and it will show.

Reactions: rogue cock
Only if you measure success solely by wins and losses. I think if we hit 8 - 9 wins with that schedule with an upset or two we have made progress.

I am not willing to say Florida is head and shoulders above us. A deeper D Line and added depth would = a better outcome.

Success is measured solely by wins and losses. That's why the teams with the best records play for championships. I agree tho that Florida isn't so much better than us and 8 wins would be awesome. I think that's asking a lot tho with the schedule. Especially with Jake champ and our defense. I'm so ready for the spring so I can fish while the coaches give me a false sense hope for the upcoming season.

It’s “ brutal “ every year.
We are in SEC. Its why you build your program to be a top team
This coming season I agree it's brutal but our division has had some lean years the past few and I wish they would have a few more tbh at least till coach gets us going or gets fired.

I'm looking forward to it. Its Big Time College Football and we have a chance to make a move, offensively I think we will be better and I cant see us not being significantly better on defense , I think we filled some critical needs, just keep that injury bug away.

Lucky us. We play 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 16 next year

Good, a lot of quality wins available.

tenor.gif

We need to figure out how to avoid all the injuries.

It's time we beat some of these people. This is Year Four.

Agree 100%! We have to beat somebody to have even an average year next season. Out of UGA, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Florida, and Clemson...we need to go 2-3. Some May say that’s too high of any expectation, but it may be too low. As bad as we were, we had Florida beat at Florida. We could’ve won against A&M.

I say we need to win the two home games...Kentucky and Florida. That’s difficult but definitely not impossible. I’d love to win one of the others. UGA and Clemson aren’t likely. An upset of A&M would be nice. THEN...we need to win the games we should win. A lot more Toss-ups this season.

SEC schedule is never easy. But yes, this one is very hard. Right now it is considered the hardest schedule in the country next season.

Last edited:
Agree 100%! We have to beat somebody to have even an average year next season. Out of UGA, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Florida, and Clemson...we need to go 2-3. Some May say that’s too high of any expectation, but it may be too low. As bad as we were, we had Florida beat at Florida. We could’ve won at A&M.

I say we need to win the two home games...Kentucky and Florida. That’s difficult but definitely not impossible. I’d love to win one of the others. UGA and Clemson aren’t likely. An upset of A&M would be nice. THEN...we need to win the games we should win. A lot more Toss-ups this season.

SEC schedule is never easy. But yes, this one is very hard. Right now it is considered the hardest schedule in the country next season.
That's the thing about this constituency. Many of our people will continue to find reasons to defer success. They are afraid to draw a line in the sand.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Lucky us. We play 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 16 next year in the final 2018 polls. It’s not like we are going to catch up in recruiting. We play 4 of the top 6 in the recruiting polls.
You're supposed to say "Wait `til next year!"

Here’s my concern .. Next year we give him a pass because “The Schedule”. This year we gave him a pass because on Injuries . In 2020 the excuse will be a Freshman QB . In the mean time Clemson and UGA are widening the Gap even further . Are we still giving out passes in 2021 ???

Anyone else notice both us and the taters have open dates before our game Nov 30? Don’t think that’s ever happened that I can remember. Our other open date also coincides with theirs.

Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (Charlotte)
Could go either way. After our UVA effort, leaning towards us just b/c Muschamp knows a back-to-back ACC flop would begin to drive the stake and he's the ultimate, budget-sucking Cockroach.
1-0

Sept. 7 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
2-0

Sept. 14 ALABAMA*
Good effort. A Muschamp "feel good" loss.
2-1

Sept. 21 at Missouri*
Potential beatdown here. They have been recruiting lights out (plus Bryant) and we've won some games they probably should have won.
2-2

Sept. 28 KENTUCKY*
We finally get one.
3-2

Oct. 5 Open Date

Oct. 12 at Georgia*
Mowed over in 2nd half.
3-3

Oct. 19 FLORIDA*
We either lose this one or at Tennessee. Dealer's choice.
4-3

Oct. 26 at Tennessee*
See aforementioned.
4-4

Nov. 2 VANDERBILT*
Chalk.
5-4

Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN STATE
Even though it's billed as tight, we win this going away at home.
6-4

Nov. 16 at Texas A&M*
Decent effort on the road. Still upended.
6-5

Nov. 23 Open Date

Nov. 30 CLEMSON
And this makes 6.
6-6

----------------------

Back to Belk Bowl.

Reactions: bayrooster
How many teams can say they have the 2 undisputed best teams in the country (and UGA) on their schedule next year? This is not a typical schedule.

A&M and us. Plus they play Georgia as their crossover opponent. Maybe ours is a little tougher because we play them and they play us. But then again, they have LSU and Aubie which maybe is slightly tougher than KY and UF.

Agree 100%! We have to beat somebody to have even an average year next season. Out of UGA, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Florida, and Clemson...we need to go 2-3. Some May say that’s too high of any expectation, but it may be too low. As bad as we were, we had Florida beat at Florida. We could’ve won against A&M.

It's doable. UF came back and beat you by four pts. mainly with the run (398 yds.). They lose 4 starting OL. A&M got you by just three, holding you to 23 pts. The lose nearly their entire front seven. And Kentucky just can't keep this up forever, can they?

I am in full Summer time delusion mode. We go 10-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT