ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time to hire Tom Herman

SpurrierWalkedOnBeer

May 8, 2020
rbb-herman-4.jpg

Reactions: GVLGamecock04
Colin Cowherd used to like Texas head football coach Tom Herman. But after Saturday’s loss to Iowa State, he appears to be done with the embattled coach.

Before the Texas-Iowa State game, Cowherd took to Twitter and made it clear that Herman and the Longhorns would have no excuse losing to the Cyclones. On Monday’s edition of The Herd, he renewed his criticism, declaring there was no reason Texas should have lost that game.

Cowherd took it a step further, stating that Herman is just not working out for the Longhorns anymore. He mocked Texas for losing to a team that doesn’t recruit nearly as well as they do.

But Cowherd reported on some news that may really intrigue Herman’s haters in Texas. Cowherd said that his sources have told him that Texas recruiting is struggling due to Herman’s personality.

But Cowherd reported on some news that may really intrigue Herman’s haters in Texas. Cowherd said that his sources have told him that Texas recruiting is struggling due to Herman’s personality.

Duh. I have already mentioned the Brockermeyers. The OT is No.1 Rivals high school recruit in the state this year. His father was All American at Texas. The kid grew up not missing a Texas football game since elementary school, wearing burnt orange his whole life. Yet they are going to Alabama, as they just can't stand Herman.

This is hardly a secret in Texas. Herman's nickname is Mensa. Partly because he is legitimately smart, but also because he thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else and let's you know it.

Duh. I have already mentioned the Brockermeyers. The OT is No.1 Rivals high school recruit in the state this year. His father was All American at Texas. The kid grew up not missing a Texas football game since elementary school, wearing burnt orange his whole life. Yet they are going to Alabama, as they just can't stand Herman.

This is hardly a secret in Texas. Herman's nickname is Mensa. Partly because he is legitimately smart, but also because he thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else and let's you know it.

So what happens with Herman at TX? Does he get fired or do they mutually part ways? Seems like it is pretty obvious the marriage isn’t working and likely never will.

Not a huge fan of Herman, just comes across as a D..K!! That is just my opinion. I will say one thing about him. He is a much better coach than anyone on our list of interviewees!

Last edited:
So what happens with Herman at TX? Does he get fired or do they mutually part ways? Seems like it is pretty obvious the marriage isn’t working and likely never will.

If what I am being told is true, Urban has been asked if he would take the Texas job with a salary somewhere between $10 and $12 MM. Urban is considering and is scheduled to talk about the Texas-Kansas State game on their broadcast this weekend. So there is an informal deadline of Friday (when he would normally report to the TV job) for all of this to play out and Urban give a yes or no to Texas. The mood in the lockerroom is bleak. Bet heavily on Kansas State. No one at Texas is getting ready for that game. The delay in firing Herman is it keeps the spotlight off of Urban. Plus Texas has no plan B to Urban, so Herman likely keeps his job through the end of the season if Urban says no. Texas starting left tackle (a first rounder) has quit the team and is preparing for the NFL combine. He was a team captain and close to Herman. What does that tell you?

If what I am being told is true, Urban has been asked if he would take the Texas job with a salary somewhere between $10 and $12 MM. Urban is considering and is scheduled to talk about the Texas-Kansas State game on their broadcast this weekend. So there is an informal deadline of Friday (when he would normally report to the TV job) for all of this to play out and Urban give a yes or no to Texas. The mood in the lockerroom is bleak. Bet heavily on Kansas State. No one at Texas is getting ready for that game. The delay in firing Herman is it keeps the spotlight off of Urban. Plus Texas has no plan B to Urban, so Herman likely keeps his job through the end of the season if Urban says no. Texas starting left tackle (a first rounder) has quit the team and is preparing for the NFL combine. He was a team captain and close to Herman. What does that tell you?

Herman should be on his knees begging Ray Tanner for the Carolina job.

Reactions: Gradstudent
I’d venture to say that had Herman came here in 2015, both he and our program would be better off than we are now. The guy is by no means a failure as a coach. I say he’ll be at auburn, lsu or tennessee shortly after he leaves texas.

Reactions: rogue cock
His record as a coach is a whole helluva lot better than Will Muschamp's.
We took Muschamp after Florida kicked him to the curb. Now you want another discarded coach?
I hope we do not repeat the same mistake again. Chadwell is the man we should hire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT