ADVERTISEMENT

It is no coincidence that Clemson's best years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/1...s&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/OhteHld9pQpQ

This is sick.....I would expect it from people who think its possible to persuade students to schools by essentially trying to bribe them. I cannot believe the arrogance of this....its not about paying players...its buying recruits.
Holy cow dung! All this tells me is Clemson is still up to their old tricks and now are trying to make it legit. The NCAA will be paying them a visit. This tells me all I need to know about how they have turned in to a recruiting machine.

Last edited:
It's what they do.
^^^^This

Does anyone truly think when Dumbo was hired, that recruits would flock to Clemson. I mean, it's a nice school in my opinion, but they just fired a coach, hired a guy the stabbed that coach in the back, play in the weak ACC which at the time was being laughed at as a power conference, then they start bringing in loads of 4/5 star recruits? Really.................I hope no one with half a brain ever thought they stopped paying players. Goes back to the Danny Ford days..........hasn't stopped since. This is just a new angle.

Well, it's about time that Gamecocks realize that they could be maybe doing illegal practices. This is why they are getting top players over Bama and everyone esle. Hopefully, you all will speak to the proper officials to have an investigation. O, I forgot, they are above the law. Darn!

Reactions: 81gococks
What is Gamecocks going to do? Talk about it and let it go or speak out.

Of course Clemmons proper distanced themselves from it. I would really like to know which teams fans have been paying the most.

Reactions: mando#
The tater players have always had what they called sponsors that paud players. Some players have more than one.

You gotta hand it to them! They have been on the cutting edge of paying players for at least the last 50 years. Now this guy has even figured out a way to get a little of the juice for him as well. If this thing were to really take off can you imagine what his little ole 5% would come out to???

Also, make no mistake about it, this is NOT about the student athlete. This is about the BEST football players and a few of the BEST basketball players. In this model, 90% of the money would go to the top 10% of the football and basketball players. The rest of the players as well as athletes in ALL other sports would just be SOL!!!

Last edited:
If anything can be managed, Clemson knows how to pay for it. The reason they let fans on the field after each game is to give hundred dollar handshakes to the players. Over time, these handshakes mount up to serious cash. You can bet Clemson is buying players, or their immediate families.

We have taken our shots at them....all in the rivalry, and I know Clemson U has come out against this, but this is still Clemson boosters, an ex athlete and a staff member there consulting possibly on some part of this. Wrong on soooooooo many levels.

Last edited:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/1...s&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/OhteHld9pQpQ

This is sick.....I would expect it from people who think its possible to persuade students to schools by essentially trying to bribe them. I cannot believe the arrogance of this....its not about paying players...its buying recruits.

Why do it this way? Send cash directly to the high school recruits mom, aunt etc and take their picture in the gym or uncles car so other recruits can see the financial rewards of signing with the tigers. The $100 bill handshake works great at Auburn. Post their birthdays so fans can send cash gifts. Years ago we published a calendar with birthdays so fans could send cards. Everyone cheats!

Reactions: tigerchance46
We have taken our shots at them....all in the rivalry, and I know Clemson U has come out against this, but this is still Clemson boosters, an ex athlete and a staff member there consulting possibly on some part of this. Wrong on soooooooo many levels.
A smoking chimney always means a burning fire.

It used to be called the BC Inabinet fund

Fact!

If anything can be managed, Clemson knows how to pay for it. The reason they let fans on the field after each game is to give hundred dollar handshakes to the players. Over time, these handshakes mount up to serious cash. You can bet Clemson is buying players, or their immediate families.

I've seen this with my own eyes.

They player still gets the money if he chooses another school...LMAO...Yea and I'm an astronaut!
The article also says it's held in trust until the end of the players college career. I'd like to see the specifics of that. If the kid gets kicked out (or walks away) from the first day of freshman workouts in the fall, does that mean he'd get his money then?

Holy cow dung! All this tells me is Clemson is still up to their old tricks and now are trying to make it legit. The NCAA will be paying them a visit. This tells me all I need to know about how they have turned in to a recruiting machine.
The problem is the NCAA won't do ANYTHING! Whatever the suspicions are (and I've had them for eons about Clemson - most recently in the VERY lean years they were having in that WEAK ACC while bringing in all the 5-star recruits (particularly in Fla) and winning the recruiting battle with the REAL football conferences was about as blatant as it gets. All I ever heard was Dabo is a whale of a recruiter, but that just didn't explain it, truthfully. There are a LOT of great recruiters out there in better situations than the ACC! - a NON football conference! Here he is now - top of everybody (REAL coaches) winning all the awards & his team on the verge of the Natl. Championship & a Heisman final 3/winner if not now - soon! I just can't believe that's legit but if the NCAA accepts it (apparently, they need Clemson for something), then there's nothing that can be done. If the NCAA WANTS to do something (like, with us, giving a break on living fees at the Whitney OR driving our athletes to tutoring or some other MAJOR violation lol), then they will. Otherwise, it's THEIR choice to skirt the rules and say they aren't "clear" or some other ridiculous excuse not to punish who they choose not to! In other words, the NCAA infractions committee has absolutely NO CREDIBILITY!!

Why do it this way? Send cash directly to the high school recruits mom, aunt etc and take their picture in the gym or uncles car so other recruits can see the financial rewards of signing with the tigers. The $100 bill handshake works great at Auburn. Post their birthdays so fans can send cash gifts. Years ago we published a calendar with birthdays so fans could send cards. Everyone cheats!

^^THIS^^........................

Bitcoin anyone? Untraceable. Been going on for years.

Buying recruits legally? is that what we are talking about here? So, schools like Texas would dominate recruiting. The more jack the alumns have, the better your recruiting would be I guess.

Lose 5 in a row, the next year, they're cleaning house on 4-5 stars with a coach that is a great recruiter, but has been there for years. Why the recent influx? We know why, the past is too strong to ignore, it's not hate, it's on paper. Just like after 56-20 in 1975, Clemmons brass was fed up, they made change$. Where does it stop with this UBooster program? You can now boost "legally", yes, no one will take advantage of that. Probation after the 1981-82 season (until 1984) but by 1989-90, when Ferd was finally forced out, the accusations were back (as if they ever stopped) and they basically stated alleged improprieties continued from 1984-88. Why learn when you don't get in major trouble, that's UNC style! It's sad how every member in the ACC still lets dUNCe run that conference, and the irony is they pushed for that "extra year" way back when for the Tates. Anyhoo, ignorance is bliss up yonder, and it certainly wasn't limited to Foosball, but BC was the kingpin. What a weird, weird place.

http://www.si.com/vault/1982/03/08/616473/the-descent-of-a-man

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/19/sports/clemson-drops-ford-with-1-million-deal.html

Last edited:
sweep-under-rug.jpg

The article also says it's held in trust until the end of the players college career. I'd like to see the specifics of that. If the kid gets kicked out (or walks away) from the first day of freshman workouts in the fall, does that mean he'd get his money then?
Not sure but I bet there is a clause stating you have to stay ALL 4 YEARS to get it! Watson has already stated that he might stay all 4 $$$

^^^^This

Does anyone truly think when Dumbo was hired, that recruits would flock to Clemson. I mean, it's a nice school in my opinion, but they just fired a coach, hired a guy the stabbed that coach in the back, play in the weak ACC which at the time was being laughed at as a power conference, then they start bringing in loads of 4/5 star recruits? Really.................I hope no one with half a brain ever thought they stopped paying players. Goes back to the Danny Ford days..........hasn't stopped since. This is just a new angle.
Why aren't people still talking about this? From underneath, Dumbo engineered a coup to overthrow the coach that hired him. Credit to Dumbo, because it worked. But situations like these have consequences. Bad karma. Sooner or later, the whole world will figure out what we already know. Dumbo is a snake that would sell his own family down the river for fleeting glory and he has the entire Tater Nation ready to run through a brick wall for him.

Clemson better hope that this doesn't work out.... Texas, Florida, Southern Cal, LSU, Alabama would DOMINATE them with the $$. We would as well simply due to more numbers and more million dollar donors than CU.

Strange that a lot of the Clemson starters opt to stay four years. Much more than any other school. Spiller, and other top players have had their families move to Clemson, jobs and housing awaiting them. Can't think of any other school in this state where this happens. It really appears they are cheating big time again.

I've said this for years..

I'm not sure any other school in the county can go to FL and sign the amount of 4 and 5 stars out from under the home schools that Clemson does. I don't think Bama has even had that success. Don't believe me? Go count Bama's 5 star guys (4 in FL since 2010) and where they come from and then look at Clemson's (5 in FL since 2010). Not even looking at the high 4 star guys.. You get Bama getting the recruits. The most dominant team in the nation year in and year out. You don't get Clemson getting them..

The prospects are literally dropping their bigger names at home (FSU, Florida and Miami ALL have much richer tradition of winning than Clemson) and are going to a school to play for a coach that before this year, had 1ACC championship in his tenure. Both FL (2009) and FSU (2013) have won National Championships since Swinney started coaching in Clemson.. Why would they flock to play for Clemson? Kind of easy when you think about it as Clemson isn't that special beyond the mud lake they call Hartwell..

The secret to Clemson's recruiting success has been boosters willing to do this kind of crap.. And some morons on here like to site Swinney's recruiting prowess.. Lol

Interesting thread here. Bottom line is Clemson works their ass off in recruiting. Do they push the rules to the limit? I sure hope so! If you think all the top programs aren't doing this then you are in denial. Alabama is brought up in this thread as if they spent $$$ like Clemson did they would dominate in recruiting. Have you ever heard of Thad Turnipseed? He spent 11 years at Alabama learning from the best. Clemson hired him away from Alabama and he is the director of recruiting and external affairs for the Tigers. Bottom line is if your competitor is doing something better than you then you better see what you can learn from them. Clemson like the rest of the nation saw Alabama having huge success but Clemson spent the money to bring in the man with first hand knowledge of how their system works. Clemson then turned Thad loose with all the resources and personnel he could possibly need and building any new facilities warranted in the recruiting race.

Reactions: fencebusters
Interesting thread here. Bottom line is Clemson works their ass off in recruiting. Do they push the rules to the limit? I sure hope so! If you think all the top programs aren't doing this then you are in denial. Alabama is brought up in this thread as if they spent $$$ like Clemson did they would dominate in recruiting. Have you ever heard of Thad Turnipseed? He spent 11 years at Alabama learning from the best. Clemson hired him away from Alabama and he is the director of recruiting and external affairs for the Tigers. Bottom line is if your competitor is doing something better than you then you better see what you can learn from them. Clemson like the rest of the nation saw Alabama having huge success but Clemson spent the money to bring in the man with first hand knowledge of how their system works. Clemson then turned Thad loose with all the resources and personnel he could possibly need and building any new facilities warranted in the recruiting race.
Wow. You're all but admitting it.. Essentially saying, Bama has been doing it, so we went and got their guy to do it for us..

It's no secret that recruiting at a high level will take your program to the next level.. Working your ass off doesn't mean you will be successful. Everyone at this level works their ass off. However, some are not willing to stoop to the level that others will to become "champions".. Saying everybody is doing it doesn't make it right or okay..

Wow. You're all but admitting it.. Essentially saying, Bama has been doing it, so we went and got their guy to do it for us..

It's no secret that recruiting at a high level will take your program to the next level.. Working your ass off doesn't mean you will be successful. Everyone at this level works their ass off. However, some are not willing to stoop to the level that others will to become "champions".. Saying everybody is doing it doesn't make it right or okay..
I am not admitting anything because like you I am not on the inside to know exactly what takes place. I would be disappointed if the coaches didn't push the envelope on recruiting. This doesn't mean I condone blatant rule violations that will eventually cause trouble. What I can guarantee you in the hiring of Will Muschamp, who I believe is a good fit for USC and a great recruiter, is he will relentlessly push the envelope and is already in high gear to catchup with what everyone else is doing. I think it's safe to assume with all the schools Muschamp has been associated with that he knows first hand how to play the system. Most every gamecock fan will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Reactions: flashcock
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT