ADVERTISEMENT

It is no coincidence that Clemson's best years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not admitting anything because like you I am not on the inside to know exactly what takes place. I would be disappointed if the coaches didn't push the envelope on recruiting. This doesn't mean I condone blatant rule violations that will eventually cause trouble. What I can guarantee you in the hiring of Will Muschamp, who I believe is a good fit for USC and a great recruiter, is he will relentlessly push the envelope and is already in high gear to catchup with what everyone else is doing. I think it's safe to assume with all the schools Muschamp has been associated with that he knows first hand how to play the system. Most every gamecock fan will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Pushing envelope and paying 5 star players from Fla and Ga is two different things

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
I am not admitting anything because like you I am not on the inside to know exactly what takes place. I would be disappointed if the coaches didn't push the envelope on recruiting. This doesn't mean I condone blatant rule violations that will eventually cause trouble. What I can guarantee you in the hiring of Will Muschamp, who I believe is a good fit for USC and a great recruiter, is he will relentlessly push the envelope and is already in high gear to catchup with what everyone else is doing. I think it's safe to assume with all the schools Muschamp has been associated with that he knows first hand how to play the system. Most every gamecock fan will be disappointed if he doesn't.
I'm absolutely all for relentless recruiting. However, I am not in favor of cheating to obtain said recruits..

I don't know for certain it is going on, but one does indeed have to wonder how Clemson manages to pull top flight recruits from FL specifically.. Especially, when all 3 of the home schools have MUCH better history than Clemson.. And 2 of the 3 have one National Championships within the last 5-6 years.

Reactions: cocky lady
Interesting thread here. Bottom line is Clemson works their ass off in recruiting. Do they push the rules to the limit? I sure hope so! If you think all the top programs aren't doing this then you are in denial. Alabama is brought up in this thread as if they spent $$$ like Clemson did they would dominate in recruiting. Have you ever heard of Thad Turnipseed? He spent 11 years at Alabama learning from the best. Clemson hired him away from Alabama and he is the director of recruiting and external affairs for the Tigers. Bottom line is if your competitor is doing something better than you then you better see what you can learn from them. Clemson like the rest of the nation saw Alabama having huge success but Clemson spent the money to bring in the man with first hand knowledge of how their system works. Clemson then turned Thad loose with all the resources and personnel he could possibly need and building any new facilities warranted in the recruiting race.

As much as I want to do things right............I will say I'd trade probation many years later for a nat'l title. Seems to be the way it goes now days.

Clemson players have always had more perks than ours. Right now it is in the form of cash, jewelry, hover boards and nice cars. Clowney used to drive a beat up car at Carolina. Just saying.

Could you imagine the drama these high profile recruits could stir up working 3 or 4 fan bases? No kid would ever commit early. And if they got enough raised some would choose to mail it in. Waiting on their payday. Stupid idea. But evidence for sure that Clempsin is always looking for tricks.

I'm thinking the NCAA will find out what is going on at taterville soon. Hopefully this time they get the smu treatment

I'm thinking the NCAA will find out what is going on at taterville soon. Hopefully this time they get the smu treatment

Wake me when that happens.

The NCAA has no credibility after letting UNC skate for what is known as wide spread academic fraud. How can they bust one school for handing out cash while letting another hand out grades?

Wake me when that happens.

The NCAA has no credibility after letting UNC skate for what is known as wide spread academic fraud. How can they bust one school for handing out cash while letting another hand out grades?
As well, Miami got a slap on the wrist for their guy paying players. I really don't understand what the problem is with the NCAA. Complete lack of institutional control up there..

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Holy cow dung! All this tells me is Clemson is still up to their old tricks and now are trying to make it legit. The NCAA will be paying them a visit. This tells me all I need to know about how they have turned in to a recruiting machine.
The REAL problem here is not so much what Clemson does, it's what the NCAA DOESN'T do! The NCAA infractions committee picks & chooses which programs they want to bring the hammer down on & which they don't. It's been obvious to me for YEARS that Clemson has been doing underhanded things. Why, in the last decade or so (not the last year or too when they were more competitive) would so many top recruits (especially in Fla. with Fla. St. & Fla. (& Miami) have gone to Clemson with a middle-of-the-pack ACC team during that period? That's been fishy for years! But NOTHING has happened - don't even know if they've been investigated. Now, since Clemson has finally risen to the top with all these 4 & 5-stars recruits all we hear is what great recruiters they are (not saying they're not but always wondered how they got basically everybody they wanted when LOTS of programs out there have great recruiters AND their programs were stronger during this time.) We also hear how much money is put into their recruiting (well, I DO believe that lol)! We all know they said during Cam Newton's recruitment that violation No. 1 (anyone trying to make money off of a recruit was a MAJOR violation), but they ruled that was not clear to understand (or whatever lame excuse they gave for NO punishment to anybody)! That committee is a joke - NO credibility - and if they want to let Clemson slide it'll be fine. But we don't dare give a break on living arrangements for our athletes or drive them to tutoring - we get punished for those "crimes"! Blast all you want but I, obviously, don't have any faith in the NCAA!!

If you are truly upset and feel that this type of activity is no allowed, please direct all correspondence and cite the news article to the following:

The NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions OCOI consists of Joel McGormley (Managing Director); Shep Cooper (Director); Jim Elworth and Dino Pollock (Associate Directors); Matt Mikrut (Assistant Director); and Cheryl DeWees and Evelyn Gross (Assistant Coordinators).

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

Complaining on a message board will rile up and anger the fan base but unless compelled, the NCAA won't upset the money cart.

It's what they do.
mike-bellamy.jpg

The player still gets the money if he chooses another school...LMAO...Yea and I'm an astronaut!

If not, UBooster will be shut down and its officers could face some serious consequences

I am intrigued by their idea. In order for it to work, they will need to be a registered non-profit, and the funds will need to be held in escrow/trust. If the money directed to a player is not given to him, there would be serious problems for the officers (?) of this non- profit corporation (?). I will need to research the non-profit status, articles of incorporation, etc.

I would assume they have a lawyer working with them. If so, and everything is set up properly, this thing could fly folks.

If you are truly upset and feel that this type of activity is no allowed, please direct all correspondence and cite the news article to the following:

The NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions OCOI consists of Joel McGormley (Managing Director); Shep Cooper (Director); Jim Elworth and Dino Pollock (Associate Directors); Matt Mikrut (Assistant Director); and Cheryl DeWees and Evelyn Gross (Assistant Coordinators).

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

Complaining on a message board will rile up and anger the fan base but unless compelled, the NCAA won't upset the money cart.

This

It's funny how y'all think Clemson is using that just because a Clemson grad created it. Clemson was one of the first schools to send a cease and desist letter. Clemson does things right on the recruiting trail. Don't get butt hurt, just get better at it yourself.

It's funny how y'all think Clemson is using that just because a Clemson grad created it. Clemson was one of the first schools to send a cease and desist letter. Clemson does things right on the recruiting trail. Don't get butt hurt, just get better at it yourself.

BITCOIN

Oh yeah, they sent a Cease And Desist letter, but hired Morgan's consultant as interim dean of the university's College of Business and Behavioral Science. LOL!!! The first thought that always crosses the minds of the power donors and administration at Clemson is, "Do we have deniability?

"Last year, he (Morgan) sought advice from one of his former Clemson professors, Robert McCormick, who served as an economic expert for the O’Bannon plaintiffs, on how a private citizen could help players. UBooster is a result. (McCormick has since been named interim dean of Clemson’s College of Business and Behavioral Science.)

Reactions: BigTomE

We have to get our boosters to "push the envelopes" of cash toward our recruits. We are definitely behind in the payment game

started when we were having success and beating them 5 years in a row. I'm not including the National Cheatmonship in 81 for obvious reasons but our success in recent years minus the last 2 has propelled them to do whatever it takes to never play second fiddle to the Gamecocks. Two 5 stars in one day? I don't give a damn what anyone says...they are piping money to these kids like there's no tomorrow. I know every school lies, cheats, and negative recruits but they are SMU like in their tactics. It's a freaking cult up there and it will never change because doing it the "right way" can't overcome that kind of festered criminal like behavior.

Reactions: JRBrooks66
You guys can read, right? Clemson sent a cease-and-desist letter to them to not be affiliated and to not allow funds to go towards players we recruit. This is directly from the article you're ranting and raving about:

Athletic departments first confronted the issue of crowdfunding last year when a few websites began similar efforts, including an earlier version of UBooster that would have taken fans’ pledges and funneled the money directly to university athletic departments. Morgan and another site called FanPay received cease-and-desist letters from a number of colleges that said they were violating N.C.A.A. rules. Clemson, which has no association with UBooster, was among the universities that sent a letter to Morgan.

started when we were having success and beating them 5 years in a row. I'm not including the National Cheatmonship in 81 for obvious reasons but our success in recent years minus the last 2 has propelled them to do whatever it takes to never play second fiddle to the Gamecocks. Two 5 stars in one day? I don't give a damn what anyone says...they are piping money to these kids like there's no tomorrow. I know every school lies, cheats, and negative recruits but they are SMU like in their tactics. It's a freaking cult up there and it will never change because doing it the "right way" can't overcome that kind of festered criminal like behavior.

Yep. Clemson is paying them. Has to be the explanation. "Recent years minus the last two..."? Is that anything like 'not as recent as the last two"?

We have to get our boosters to "push the envelopes" of cash toward our recruits. We are definitely behind in the payment game
It didn't used to be that way - just ask the former President of REA Contracting - the same one that invites players' families to his cock-a-boose after all home games...

It didn't used to be that way - just ask the former President of REA Contracting - the same one that invites players' families to his cock-a-boose after all home games...

Clemsux set record with their offer to Herschel. He was offered boatload of money to go there.

Reactions: BigTomE
Give Champ a couple seasons, we'll get our share of very good talent also. Whatever they're doing in the upstate will come to light eventually IF they are paying players. My focus right now is on us getting better as a team. With good coaching & recruiting the rest will take care of itself.

They are cheating again. The top players don't leave states like florid a to play at clem tek. Call Mr sour grales, but it's not. We have won 5 of the last 7 and held our own the last 10 years. However, they are cheating again. If USC fans, fsu, florida, Miami and other fans would just stop saying oh well and talk about it more the ncaa would look into it. Probably making the college football playoff will be enough for the ncaa to dig around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT