ADVERTISEMENT

It is no coincidence that Clemson's best years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen there is actually no one on the planet I dislike more then Dabo Sweeney- he's the biggest self promoter in college football, he's in love with himself, he chews out punters like a coward then throws them under the buss in post game conferences, he has the absolute lamest post game speeches and sayings, I still don't think he's a good coach and think Clemson being really good these past few years has been a product of really good assistant coaches, a very weak ACC conference with bad coaching, and good recruiting. They had to have everything fall perfectly for them this year to get where they are now but they made it to the playoffs plain and simple. Again Everytime I see Dabo on the television I squirm - I genuinely hate Dabo Sweeney and everything he stands for- but Clemson is one of the four best teams in the country and beat who was on their schedule.

It is suspicious that they have been rolling in the recruits they've been getting lately especially considering the fact there hasn't been anything of significance they've accomplished these past few years and Clemson is a terrible school in the middle of nowhere. It's a fantastic school academically but probably my least favorite campus in the country- it is tough to see and rationalize the appeal they have with all of these five star 18 year old out of state recruits they keep Rollin in.

However, With all of that being said- I think it's a bad look for our fans to constantly start threads on the possibility of them cheating, talking about how they get all of the calls, they get all the bounces and luck,etc. While this may very well all be true, it's kind of petty for our fanbase to be constantly obsessing over them, especially right now when they're just two victories away from a Chip and we just came off of a 3 win season. We're the school that had a coaching staff take two years off and we're paying the price for it now, give Clemsons coaching staff credit for Rolling up their sleeves and recruiting like all hell (even if it's illegally). Last time I checked it wasn't that long ago we were getting the Clowneys and Lattimores, and Gilmores, and Alshons etc and we can do it again. So as a fanbase let's start focusing more on our program and the positive direction it's going then obsessing over our rival that's kicking our ass on and off the field lately (this won't last). When we we're winning 11 games a year it was fun to stick our thumb out, well really our whole hand at Clemson, now it just looks like we're the jealous little brother and I'm getting tired of reading about THEM just as much as US on here. I'm tired of the loser-like mentality our fan base has right now. With all of the positive momentum Muschamp has going on with the good staff he has put together, and his no nonsense approach to recruiting, it's time our fanbase starts changing the tide from its little brother loser-like mentality to positive optimists who know they belong with the big boys and will be there shortly ;) .

Go Cocks.

Listen there is actually no one on the planet I dislike more then Dabo Sweeney- he's the biggest self promoter in college football, he's in love with himself, he chews out punters like a coward then throws them under the buss in post game conferences, he has the absolute lamest post game speeches and sayings, I still don't think he's a good coach and think Clemson being really good these past few years has been a product of really good assistant coaches, a very weak ACC conference with bad coaching, and good recruiting. They had to have everything fall perfectly for them this year to get where they are now but they made it to the playoffs plain and simple. Again Everytime I see Dabo on the television I squirm - I genuinely hate Dabo Sweeney and everything he stands for- but Clemson is one of the four best teams in the country and beat who was on their schedule.

It is suspicious that they have been rolling in the recruits they've been getting lately especially considering the fact there hasn't been anything of significance they've accomplished these past few years and Clemson is a terrible school in the middle of nowhere. It's a fantastic school academically but probably my least favorite campus in the country- it is tough to see and rationalize the appeal they have with all of these five star 18 year old out of state recruits they keep Rollin in.

However, With all of that being said- I think it's a bad look for our fans to constantly start threads on the possibility of them cheating, talking about how they get all of the calls, they get all the bounces and luck,etc. While this may very well all be true, it's kind of petty for our fanbase to be constantly obsessing over them, especially right now when they're just two victories away from a Chip and we just came off of a 3 win season. We're the school that had a coaching staff take two years off and we're paying the price for it now, give Clemsons coaching staff credit for Rolling up their sleeves and recruiting like all hell (even if it's illegally). Last time I checked it wasn't that long ago we were getting the Clowneys and Lattimores, and Gilmores, and Alshons etc and we can do it again. So as a fanbase let's start focusing more on our program and the positive direction it's going then obsessing over our rival that's kicking our ass on and off the field lately (this won't last). When we we're winning 11 games a year it was fun to stick our thumb out, well really our whole hand at Clemson, now it just looks like we're the jealous little brother and I'm getting tired of reading about THEM just as much as US on here. I'm tired of the loser-like mentality our fan base has right now. With all of the positive momentum Muschamp has going on with the good staff he has put together, and his no nonsense approach to recruiting, it's time our fanbase starts changing the tide from its little brother loser-like mentality to positive optimists who know they belong with the big boys and will be there shortly ;) .

Go Cocks.
Over on the Insiders side there is a much better attitude. The reason there is so much negativity here is because a great deal of that is coming from them faking accounts on this free posting site. Just pay your $9.95 month or $99 year and you will see that it is the best money you have spent. Students get a year for $19.95. Well worth it.

Reactions: superflyby
Your one of the problem fans I discuss often. We have no reason to be butt hurt as they would have you believe. Won 5 of last 7 and held our own the past decade with seasons better than they have up until this year. So it's not sour grapes,but they have been cheating again. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Maybe making the playoffs the ncaa will start snooping around. They have a history of major cheating. You don't receive a 3 year bowl ban and tv ban for buying extra. Cheeseburgers Our fans along with some of the Florida schools should ask the ncaa what is going on.

Reactions: KATiger0610
Your one of the problem fans I discuss often. We have no reason to be butt hurt as they would have you believe. Won 5 of last 7 and held our own the past decade with seasons better than they have up until this year. So it's not sour grapes,but they have been cheating again. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Maybe making the playoffs the ncaa will start snooping around. They have a history of major cheating. You don't receive a 3 year bowl ban and tv ban for buying extra. Cheeseburgers Our fans along with some of the Florida schools should ask the ncaa what is going on.

Whether you're correct or wrong- claiming that I'm one of the problem fans for not crying about the other school in the state is laughable. We won five in a row - that happened and I fully expect to take the state back. How about you stop whining about them and focus on your own damn school.

Goodness we have fans that sound like my 10 yr old and 5 yr old playing a playstation game together. Fact is while our former staff was thumping their chest about what they had accomplished in the past few years our upstate rival were working our instate kids alot harder than we were. Its hard to say but all we having going for us right now are our facilities and we play in the SEC. We have got to substain some form of a winning ways again and not just for a few years to get back on the map. Kids today want to play in championships no matter how they get there. We have yet to prove we can give that to a kid and well up there its alittle easier road. Many kids don't want to be apart of a we can be the first to do something at a school. Coach Boom and staff have their work cut out for them but its not gonna be a quick fix especially reconnecting with our high school coaches in this state. But as of right now upstate university is doing what we didnt do they are using their success to recruit country wide. What we should have done in the Holtz years with the wins over Ohio State....which is still disappointing that we never built on to those seasons where OSU went on to win a National Title the next year.

Reactions: Cbreezy33
Clemsux set record with their offer to Herschel. He was offered boatload of money to go there.
Yes he was, but it is also widely known that Danny Ford turned to an assistant and said, "Oh well, looks like we lost him", when Herschel pulled up to their meeting in a brand new black Trans Am that a UGA booster had been so kind to donate to him.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. If you're pissed about losing recruits, it's because you're not doing it right. Wise up and get with the program, or enjoy your 3-9, 2-10 seasons. I know I will.

Go Cocks.

This.

started when we were having success and beating them 5 years in a row. I'm not including the National Cheatmonship in 81 for obvious reasons but our success in recent years minus the last 2 has propelled them to do whatever it takes to never play second fiddle to the Gamecocks. Two 5 stars in one day? I don't give a damn what anyone says...they are piping money to these kids like there's no tomorrow. I know every school lies, cheats, and negative recruits but they are SMU like in their tactics. It's a freaking cult up there and it will never change because doing it the "right way" can't overcome that kind of festered criminal like behavior.

I won't completely dismiss the notion that Clemson could offer something extra to land an elite recruit as we know it happens at many schools. But you can't assume that USC is above those tactics. I happen to know a former USC basketball player from the 90's for example who was provided with a car and he wasn't even a starter. I also have pretty reliable knowledge that the same was the case with a certain star RB during the Holtz years. Can't say for sure what was tolerated during the Spurrier era, but USC has a history of this stuff too.

More importantly, it's not like it's illogical for Clemson to suddenly do well in recruiting. They are undefeated, ranked #1, their QB just finished 3rd in the Heisman voting and could be the front-runner next year, they've developed a pretty strong NFL pipeline, and they've notched a bunch of signature wins in recent years over teams like Notre Dame, Florida State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU. Plus, the rest of the country isn't nearly as familiar with South Carolina's 5-year win streak in the rivalry and, even if they were, it would seem irrelevant after Clemson won the last two and Spurrier retired mid-season.

College football runs in cycles so we'll just have to see how long their upswing lasts or how high it can take them, but they are an easy sell right now, just like USC was an easy sell when Spurrier landed Clowney.

Go Cocks.
Just curious, what is it about the campus you don't like? Not the greatest architecture, but landscape is stunning in fall

Pushing envelope and paying 5 star players from Fla and Ga is two different things

I get it. I actually do. In fact, I have degrees from both schools. I've been a Clemson fan my whole life so I understand the rivalry element here. However, the constant thought that cheating, paying off recruits, etc. is the reason for Clemson's success in recruiting is simply not rational.

Read some objective sporting material, learn Dabo's life story (you may not like his enthusiasm but you can't dispute his character or ethics any more than I can question Spurrier's), gather some true background information, listen to the high school players being recruited. The truth is that Jeff Scott, son of former USC coach Brad Scott, has put together an excellent recruiting department. It's also true that both schools, Clemson and USC, have many of the same elements that players are attracted to - a rabid fan base, excellent physical facilities and widespread media coverage. Whether you'll admit it or not, the Clemson campus is stereotypcially beautiful, the stadium is impressive in size (as is USC's), and the athletic support facilities are state-of-the-art -as I'm sure USC's are.

Be willing to acknowledge success with a tip of the hat instead of a blind knee-jerk reaction of it can't be. Don't put your head in the sand and believe that the school, and by extension the athletic department, is boorish, uncoothe and unsophisticated because you associate the A&M history with backward thinking. Rivalries don't always have to be blind hate. Le't raise this one to one of civility.

Just curious, what is it about the campus you don't like? Not the greatest architecture, but landscape is stunning in fall

Honestly don't take it personally, many of my friends from the Philadelphia area went to Clemson so they obviously loved the campus. In my class alone we had five guys go to South Carolina, three go to Clemson. I think it's just the location and the general rural vibe the school has that really turns me off. It's country much like Auburn was country and they were the two schools I disliked the most on my campus vists/ road trips for football games.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/1...s&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/OhteHld9pQpQ

This is sick.....why do people think its ok to drive students to schools by essentially trying to bribe them. I cannot believe the arrogance of this....its not about paying players...its buying recruits.
You people are just so sure that Clemson is cheating. You do know that Clemson sent a cease and desist order to them and has nothing to do with it. Clemson is getting recruits because it is a great school with great coaches who work hard and know how to recruit!

You people are just so sure that Clemson is cheating. You do know that Clemson sent a cease and desist order to them and has nothing to do with it. Clemson is getting recruits because it is a great school with great coaches who work hard and know how to recruit!

LOL ... LOL ... LOL ... as. I said previously,

Oh yeah, they sent a Cease And Desist letter, but hired Morgan's consultant as interim dean of the university's College of Business and Behavioral Science. LOL!!! The first thought that always crosses the minds of the power donors and administration at Clemson is, "Do we have deniability?

"Last year, he (Morgan) sought advice from one of his former Clemson professors, Robert McCormick, who served as an economic expert for the O’Bannon plaintiffs, on how a private citizen could help players. UBooster is a result. (McCormick has since been named interim dean of Clemson’s College of Business and Behavioral Science.)

Reactions: BigTomE
This UBooster idea is certainly not good for Clemson, even if CU professors or alums are involved. CU has a relatively small alumni base with few really wealthy people. The UBooster concept would favor larger schools and those with "deep" pockets. CU has neither. It is idiotic to think CU would be in favor of this.

LOL ... LOL ... LOL ... as. I said previously,

Oh yeah, they sent a Cease And Desist letter, but hired Morgan's consultant as interim dean of the university's College of Business and Behavioral Science. LOL!!! The first thought that always crosses the minds of the power donors and administration at Clemson is, "Do we have deniability?

"Last year, he (Morgan) sought advice from one of his former Clemson professors, Robert McCormick, who served as an economic expert for the O’Bannon plaintiffs, on how a private citizen could help players. UBooster is a result. (McCormick has since been named interim dean of Clemson’s College of Business and Behavioral Science.)
13-0 Done the right way!!! I know it is difficult for you to deal with.

Reactions: Taterville
13-0 Done the right way!!! I know it is difficult for you to deal with.

Mike Bellamy says hi. LOL

mike-bellamy.jpg

i agree. hate clemson athletics but the school and campus are beautiful. I would have gone there for sure

I get it. I actually do. In fact, I have degrees from both schools. I've been a Clemson fan my whole life so I understand the rivalry element here. However, the constant thought that cheating, paying off recruits, etc. is the reason for Clemson's success in recruiting is simply not rational.

Read some objective sporting material, learn Dabo's life story (you may not like his enthusiasm but you can't dispute his character or ethics any more than I can question Spurrier's), gather some true background information, listen to the high school players being recruited. The truth is that Jeff Scott, son of former USC coach Brad Scott, has put together an excellent recruiting department. It's also true that both schools, Clemson and USC, have many of the same elements that players are attracted to - a rabid fan base, excellent physical facilities and widespread media coverage. Whether you'll admit it or not, the Clemson campus is stereotypcially beautiful, the stadium is impressive in size (as is USC's), and the athletic support facilities are state-of-the-art -as I'm sure USC's are.

Be willing to acknowledge success with a tip of the hat instead of a blind knee-jerk reaction of it can't be. Don't put your head in the sand and believe that the school, and by extension the athletic department, is boorish, uncoothe and unsophisticated because you associate the A&M history with backward thinking. Rivalries don't always have to be blind hate. Le't raise this one to one of civility.

yall got caught before. we are always gonna be suspicious.
Much like someone who has been cheated on

Mike Bellamy says hi. LOL

mike-bellamy.jpg
Mike Bellamy does not play for Clemson. He could not meet the standards so Clemson kicked him out.. A picture of a kid with a wad of money may or may not be real money but it surely does not mean it come from a school. By the way the SC has been pn probation sense Clemson has been on it.

Mike Bellamy does not play for Clemson. He could not meet the standards so Clemson kicked him out.. A picture of a kid with a wad of money may or may not be real money but it surely does not mean it come from a school. By the way the SC has been pn probation sense Clemson has been on it.

The ole Clemsux spin job on display. He played for your team and you do know this picture was taken shortly after he committed to the Taters. May not be real money?? LMAO!

The ole Clemsux spin job on display. He played for your team and you do know this picture was taken shortly after he committed to the Taters. May not be real money?? LMAO!
it must be really sad to be a GameCock.. just pitiful. When the gamecocks had there 5 year run I gave them all the credit in the world for the team and the success they had . I guess I should not say all game cocks I should say sad to have your attitude.

it must be really sad to be a GameCock.. just pitiful. When the gamecocks had there 5 year run I gave them all the credit in the world for the team and the success they had . I guess I should not say all game cocks I should say sad to have your attitude.

It's not sad at all. I live at the beach and enjoy a great life. Thanks for the concern though.

show me one post where you praised our team on this forum.........doubt it happens

show me one post where you praised our team on this forum.........doubt it happens
Well i just joined this year and there has not been much to praise. However numerous times I hace said things complimentary. This thread and many others just spread lies an rumours and untruths.
TJ Johnson was a great player for you guys and he is an even better person. Dylan Thompson was a good player and better guy!

Clemson and the ACC cannot match the money of the SEC to keep up the arms race so they come up with U- BOOSTER . Time is overdue for the NCAA to camp out in Pickens County.

That's your story? He was a train wreck and the final straw was when he got caught smoking pot, I think in a hotel room. He enrolled in clemsux and the pic of cash was while he was still in high school, and committed to clemsux.

That's your story? He was a train wreck and the final straw was when he got caught smoking pot, I think in a hotel room. He enrolled in clemsux and the pic of cash was while he was still in high school, and committed to clemsux.
So a pic of him with cash means Clemson paid him? That is a stretch!!!!! More than likely if the money was real it was drug money! Yes he was always in trouble the entire time he was there thus they kicked him out. That is the way a good school and coach works!

So a pic of him with cash means Clemson paid him? That is a stretch!!!!! More than likely if the money was real it was drug money! Yes he was always in trouble the entire time he was there thus they kicked him out. That is the way a good school and coach works!
It's not a stretch for clemsux. Their cheating is well documented.

It's not a stretch for clemsux. Their cheating is well documented.

I guess you would agree that USC's is also considering you have had 8 years total of NCAA probation in your history with 2 years of bowl bans. Clemson has had 3 years total of NCAA probation and 2 years of bowl bans. I think you lead the race for documented probation.

You guys can ask one of your own if Gamecock players received extra monetary benifits during the Holtz era and beyond. I guess till South Carolina outlawed video poker and the family from Lancaster's money started to vanish. Watson drove around Anderson and Columbia in style as did others.

Last edited:
I guess you would agree that USC's is also considering you have had 8 years total of NCAA probation in your history with 2 years of bowl bans. Clemson has had 3 years total of NCAA probation and 2 years of bowl bans. I think you lead the race for documented probation.
The NCAA found over 150 violations at clemsux. So many, they stopped counting. Your games weren't even allowed on TV and you couldn't go bowling. Even the pathetic a c c added a year to NCAA's probation, the violations were so serious. clemsux lead the way and after 1981, the NCAA started handing out much stiffer penalties. thanks, clemsux!

I'm sure somewhere in your clemsux logic, you feel paying players, their relatives and giving them cars, etc., with over 150 violations, isn't as bad as students using their housing allowance to share a room at a hotel. Haha. Really? Most people with common sense realize the NCAA was just trying to find something and it shouldnt even be a violation.

clemsux is head & shoulders above Carolina with NCAA violations. clemsux is known for cheating, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Clemson takes every positive achievement and aspect of the program to build our recruiting. You guys could have and should have been doing the same thing during your run. It was more fun to drop five bombs than bust your asses in recruiting and build on what you had achieved. Spurrier dropped the ball. You guys had every opportunity to be sitting where we are and let it pass by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT