ADVERTISEMENT

It is no coincidence that Clemson's best years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NCAA found over 150 violations at clemsux. So many, they stopped counting. Your games weren't even allowed on TV and you couldn't go bowling. Even the pathetic a c c added a year to NCAA's probation, the violations were so serious. clemsux lead the way and after 1981, the NCAA started handing out much stiffer penalties. thanks, clemsux!

I'm sure somewhere in your clemsux logic, you feel paying players, their relatives and giving them cars, etc., with over 150 violations, isn't as bad as students using their housing allowance to share a room at a hotel. Haha. Really? Most people with common sense realize the NCAA was just trying to find something and it shouldnt even be a violation.

clemsux is head & shoulders above Carolina with NCAA violations. clemsux is known for cheating, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
College Football (FBS) Programs That Have Been Sanctioned the Most

Note: The count includes seasons not yet completed (i.e. USC 2012-2013).
Rk School Seasons Sanctioned
1 Southern Methodist (TX) 17 7
2 Southern California 15 6
3 Auburn (AL) 11 4
4t Alabama 10 3
4t Michigan St. 10 3
4t Oklahoma 10 5
7t Colorado 9 5
7t Illinois 9 5
7t Texas A&M 9 4
7t Wisconsin 9 4
11t Arizona St. 8 4
11t California 8 3
11t Cincinnati (OH) 8 4
11t Kansas 8 4
11t Kansas St. 8 4
11t Miami (FL) 8 3
11t Oklahoma St. 8 2
11t South Carolina 8 3
19t Florida Intl 7 2
19t Houston (TX) 7 3
19t Memphis (TN) 7 3
19t Mississippi 7 3
19t Mississippi St. 7 3
19t Ohio St. 7 3
19t Texas Tech 7 3

mike-bellamy.jpg

This one was a prime example..............his story was that his "aunt" had cashed her $1300 paycheck and he had just asked her if he could hold it to see what it feels like. Of course, he's in a weight room, and those are $100 bills............you do the math........cause the NCAA can't.

Reactions: BigTomE

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/11/23/sports/severe-sanctions-levied-on-clemson.html

The National Collegiate Athletic Association, citing a ''large number'' of serious recruiting violations, today placed clemsux University's football program on probation with severe sanctions. It imposed a two-year ban on television and postseason appearances on the school, and stripped the program of 20 scholarships.

An N.C.A.A. official, David Berst, said no other school had ever been penalized more than 10 scholarships

clemsux setting more records. LMAO.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTomE
All this from fans of a team recently on probation.

Hey moron, Clemson had more NCAA violations than SMU did when they were dealt the death penalty. A reduced monthly rental rate is a little different than an envelope full of cash. Clemson wasn't allowed to play on television for how many seasons? Couldn't go to a bowl game for how many seasons? Those same boosters are at it again. There's a lot of old family money in Pickens county, and they have proven that they're not afraid to pay for whatever it takes to win.

I get it. I actually do. In fact, I have degrees from both schools. I've been a Clemson fan my whole life so I understand the rivalry element here. However, the constant thought that cheating, paying off recruits, etc. is the reason for Clemson's success in recruiting is simply not rational.

Read some objective sporting material, learn Dabo's life story (you may not like his enthusiasm but you can't dispute his character or ethics any more than I can question Spurrier's), gather some true background information, listen to the high school players being recruited. The truth is that Jeff Scott, son of former USC coach Brad Scott, has put together an excellent recruiting department. It's also true that both schools, Clemson and USC, have many of the same elements that players are attracted to - a rabid fan base, excellent physical facilities and widespread media coverage. Whether you'll admit it or not, the Clemson campus is stereotypcially beautiful, the stadium is impressive in size (as is USC's), and the athletic support facilities are state-of-the-art -as I'm sure USC's are.

Be willing to acknowledge success with a tip of the hat instead of a blind knee-jerk reaction of it can't be. Don't put your head in the sand and believe that the school, and by extension the athletic department, is boorish, uncoothe and unsophisticated because you associate the A&M history with backward thinking. Rivalries don't always have to be blind hate. Le't raise this one to one of civility.

Cheating, and paying off recruits, etc. is the reason for Clemson's success in recruiting is simply not rational, yet they have been caught red handed doing it before. This is just my opinion, but I think the same boosters that help fund Clemson's NC season are at it again. Again, just my opinion, but Datboy is just dumb enough not to realize what's going on, and just smart enough to turn a blind eye when he needs to.

College Football (FBS) Programs That Have Been Sanctioned the Most

Note: The count includes seasons not yet completed (i.e. USC 2012-2013).
Rk School Seasons Sanctioned
1 Southern Methodist (TX) 17 7
2 Southern California 15 6
3 Auburn (AL) 11 4
4t Alabama 10 3
4t Michigan St. 10 3
4t Oklahoma 10 5
7t Colorado 9 5
7t Illinois 9 5
7t Texas A&M 9 4
7t Wisconsin 9 4
11t Arizona St. 8 4
11t California 8 3
11t Cincinnati (OH) 8 4
11t Kansas 8 4
11t Kansas St. 8 4
11t Miami (FL) 8 3
11t Oklahoma St. 8 2
11t South Carolina 8 3
19t Florida Intl 7 2
19t Houston (TX) 7 3
19t Memphis (TN) 7 3
19t Mississippi 7 3
19t Mississippi St. 7 3
19t Ohio St. 7 3
19t Texas Tech 7 3

Thanks..... now how about posting a list of most total NCAA violations? Stiffest punishments?

Every school finds ways to get money into players hands. The $100 hand shakes, free tattoos, etc. from Northwestern (had a good friend that played there, yup them too) to Michigan, and your usual suspects Florida, UGA, Kentucky basketball players....it happens. Had a girlfriend from high school who went to Florida, went down to see her back when Michigan played Florida in Lloyd Carr's last game, it was the 08 bowl game. Had a few weeks off so I stayed the week at her place, a few football players and basketball players lived in her apartment complex. You should've seen the cars these guys drove. Acura, Lexus, Denali. Every last one of them just about. Minus Teblow of course, he actually was legit. But the rest of those guys? Shiiiit.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/1...s&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/OhteHld9pQpQ

This is sick.....why do people think its ok to drive students to schools by essentially trying to bribe them. I cannot believe the arrogance of this....its not about paying players...its buying recruits.

“Too many players have no connectivity to the job market because of the demands of their sports,” said Patrick Sapp, a former Clemson linebacker and UBooster board member who now works in fund-raising for Clemson. “This money can be a bridge to that first job.”

Bridge or Bribe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT