ADVERTISEMENT

It was communication issues Saturday

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Thats what was wrong with the defense according to Muschamp. We didn't communicate well on defense. That's why you saw their backs drag our linebackers 4 yards after contact. Communication. This guy must think we are flat out fools if he expects us to believe that.

Thats what was wrong with the defense according to Muschamp. We didn't communicate well on defense. That's why you saw their backs drag our linebackers 4 yards after contact. Communication. This guy must think we are flat out fools if he expects us to believe that.
He also said we got whipped. It's all coaches speak.

Reactions: Brace1 and Judson1
When asked if they worked on tackling he said it was more communication issues. Now, the busted coverage was definitely a communication breakdown. Our best player on defense getting trucked and holding on for dear life wasn't a communication issue.

Reactions: Brace1
Communication errors led to some of their big plays. That’s not hard to understand when guys are wide open and our guys are out of position.

Communication errors led to some of their big plays. That’s not hard to understand when guys are wide open and our guys are out of position.
Agreed, but they had some big runs due to poor tackling on our part as well.

Reactions: Brace1
Agreed, but they had some big runs due to poor tackling on our part as well.

We have been saying this for years and will be saying it 10 years from now

That and not being physical enough. All teams know if they bring it to us early we will fold. That’s why we can’t beat Auburn and tx am. They man up and we play scared

Need a new communications director???

hope-hicks3.jpg

Whew!!!im sure glad to hear that.I was almost begining to think they were just a better team or sumin. Coach musta felt bad about firing last years head sets and gavem a second chance

Well, he can’t and won’t say that we need better players. Wouldn’t go over very well with those here now.

I would say it's poor tackling and being out of position. I watched the replay and on their big runs, our LB's run into the line and get blocked and their RB has a big hole to run through. Also noticed the corners can't cover the quick out on the ends.

I'm noticing a convenient trend.

Bentley misses a wide open receiver 10 yards away? Communication
WR drops a pass in his hands? Communication
RB hits his own OL in the back? Communication
Kicker muffs a punt? Communication

I miss my annual projection? FIRED

I'm certainly not suggesting ANYONE should be fired, however, take some ownership.

I'm certainly not suggesting ANYONE should be fired, however, take some ownership.
The day he blames anytning on the QB play I'll fall over dead from shock.

Why he couldn't admit that tackling was poor I don't know. It wasn't just the young players that couldn't tackle, it was the leader of your defense (again, I won't name names but he's always in front of the media) who was arm grabbing and getting drug up and down the field like he was on a sled in a snowstorm. He's never scared to call out the offensive line though. Oh no, never. But don't dare question his QB or his precious defense who got whipped. At least Spurrier told it like it is and wasn't afraid to hold people accountable. I miss that.

Maybe communication was an issue. Maybe folks couldn't hear others screaming how bad they we're getting their a** whipped as a UGA lineman was driving them 10 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: jonesz21
I'm already tiring of Muschamp.

No I want boom. The coach that coached with passion at
Maybe communication was an issue. Maybe folks couldn't hear others screaming how bad they we're getting their a** whipped as a UGA lineman was driving them 10 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Yeah that offseason workout talk is crap. We didn’t look like Georgia.

Good God, people cant wait for football season to get here so they can bitch. We lost there is only 10 more games to go.

That is all Myschamp does is take ownership.

The communication issue must have something to do with the hours the weight room is open.

Good God, people cant wait for football season to get here so they can bitch. We lost there is only 10 more games to go.

Yep, and we aren’t winning the SEC.
We aren’t winning the East.
We aren’t gaining on CleMson.
Guess we should be like Dick Trickle in NASCAR and just be happy we racing. That sure did make him when a lot of cup races! Lol

Yep, and we aren’t winning the SEC.
We aren’t winning the East.
We aren’t gaining on CleMson.
Guess we should be like Dick Trickle in NASCAR and just be happy we racing. That sure did make him when a lot of cup races! Lol
So what do you want to do ?

So what do you want to do ?

Change in philosophy top to bottom. I want to do what CleMson did. Win a championship! Believe me they didn’t get there by assuming Rob Spence and billy Napier would evolve into a great offensive coordinator. Same with defense. You produce or they got you out of there. Same with head coach. Ask Bowden. If Bowden was there they would never been in a play off game

That said I think Boom can get it done but he has to hold folks feet to the fire. No more country club in Columbia as it has been for decades

Change in philosophy top to bottom. I want to do what CleMson did. Win a championship! Believe me they didn’t get there by assuming Rob Spence and billy Napier would evolve into a great offensive coordinator. Same with defense. You produce or they got you out of there. Same with head coach. Ask Bowden. If Bowden was there they would never been in a play off game

That said I think Boom can get it done but he has to hold folks feet to the fire. No more country club in Columbia as it has been for decades
Spence and Napier were fired 10 years ago. And it took Dabo 8 years to win a NC.

Spence and Napier were fired 10 years ago. And it took Dabo 8 years to win a NC.
What he's saying is he kept making changes until he got the results he wanted. He fired their D coordinator after the WVU game. Then he got back to the Orange bowl and destroyed Ohio State. He went big bringing in Venebles and paid the man, who's now one of the highest paid assistants.

What he's saying is he kept making changes until he got the results he wanted. He fired their D coordinator after the WVU game. Then he got back to the Orange bowl and destroyed Ohio State. He went big bringing in Venebles and paid the man, who's now one of the highest paid assistants.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.
Yes. Exactly

Receiver didn't tell Jake to throw it to him, duh.
Jake forgot to tell the guys to catch the ball, duh.
RB didn't yell "Get outta my way", duh.
Kicker doesn't tell the ball to go at least 30 yards, duh.

That is poor communication.

When Swinney was interviewed he was asked if they could someday get to the level if an Alabama. He said, no, they will be looking up to us. That al gas no brakes slogan is really cool. It does have to be from the top. The board to our friendly neighbor Ray Tanner on down to the boosters. If you are going to do it you may as well go all the way. We know they spend a lot of money and we promote inexperience from within. I mean, everyone is getting paid so what’s the problem?

Reactions: jonesz21
That means only 10 more weeks to bitch about the game - even if we win?!? I'm going to cherish every minute - from the threads complaining about the uniforms to the threads about the qb to the threads about our OC being promoted from within.

All that didn't make our guys tackle like girls or make Jake throw 100 mph 10 yd passes. Straighten it out coach give Jake a valium if he needs it.

I debated with a poster or 2 in the past about whether Muschamp really needs to make make the most of this opportunity or does it even matter. We were the only major school $$$$ that was gonna give him an opportunity to be a HC, and at this point, he’s got $10 mil, and will get at least another 6. Unless Carol makes him get another job, or he’s absolutely terrible with money, he’ll be flush for life. Not to mention what UF is still paying him.

I debated with a poster or 2 in the past about whether Muschamp really needs to make make the most of this opportunity or does it even matter. We were the only major school $$$$ that was gonna give him an opportunity to be a HC, and at this point, he’s got $10 mil, and will get at least another 6. Unless Carol makes him get another job, or he’s absolutely terrible with money, he’ll be flush for life. Not to mention what UF is still paying him.

Yep. Universities pay us crazy money and we set for life. We just happy to be head coach at a major university
-Larry Fedora

Receiver didn't tell Jake to throw it to him, duh.
Jake forgot to tell the guys to catch the ball, duh.
RB didn't yell "Get outta my way", duh.
Kicker doesn't tell the ball to go at least 30 yards, duh.

That is poor communication.
the football knowledge in here is off the chain...:confused:

I think WM had his mind made up about who was gonna be OC even before the Mich game. He needed to get that albatross off of his neck. Current OC does not know how to make adjustments and did not plan well for Ga.
I read that Roper was stubborn and arrogant and would not take advice from staff during a game; then I read that BM was the opposite before the season started. After Ga game read same old stuff about OC that I was reading about Roper. Who woulda thunk someone could make us miss Roper? Just kidding or am I? Maybe.:) Just hope hope this isn't Whammy Part 2 minus the moral issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT