ADVERTISEMENT

It's a Tuesday in January. I think everyone could use a smile.

Wrap your mind around this for a little while, let it sink in and enjoy.

Midway through the season, our 19-1 WBB team is currently ranked #1 having beaten several Top 20 teams already, including the #2 ranked team.
And we're starting three Freshmen.

GREAT TALENT + GREAT COACH = GREAT TEAM

I just wish some of our men's coaches would learn this formula.

USCALUMNI

Midway through the season, our 19-1 WBB team is currently ranked #1 having beaten several Top 20 teams already, including the #2 ranked team.

I've been enjoying that long before today. I've been enjoying that fact all season. I can remember when we as Gamecock fans never had anything to cheer about and I mean nada. So I am thankful for the WBB team and love watching them play.

Dawn may finally have all the pieces. Seems to be the case watching them play.

Soild play and talent, its still early but the chemistry that they have been playing with kinda gives you delusions of grandeur which could very easily end up being legit.

Last edited:
This forum has a lot of people who have disdain for women's basketball, which is hard to understand as the game has progressed so far in later years. They no longer look like little slow girls trying to play on a court that is too big for them. The court is not too big any more as they have gotten big, fast and shoot better. I have been a follower for many years, especially since Dawn joined our program. She is a class act and the support she gets from those who fill the CLA with the largest crowds year after year warrants support from any who claim to be a Gamecock. This may be her best over all group and it is exciting just waiting to see how far they go this year and afterwards. Women's basketball looks much improved throughout the country and our Gamecocks make sports an interesting addition, especially when some other sports are have a hard time.

We do need a special forum for basketball so its not diluted by all the football stuff. That forum should have separate men and women's sections.

If you are male, im pretty sure you arent her type. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just saying.

Hey now, it's All Good!!

I will/must say this though: I have met Coach Staley several times. In fact, I've parked her car for her on a couple occasions while she and her close friends and family attended the State Fair!!

In fact, I parked her car right at the North East entrance to WillyB, stood beside and guarded it while she and her group enjoyed the fair for several hours, then returned her SUV to her at the main entrance to the fair when they were ready to head home!!

Coach Dawn Staley is a very wonderful Lady, and all BS aside, yeah, I would "take her" permanently if ever given the opportunity!! And I am a 52.75 year old SWM!!!

She is a very fine Lady, No Doubt About It!! A Very Wonderful Personality, and is, In Fact, EXACTLY what our Athletic Department Needs if not permanently, then at least for a Very Long Time!!!

JMHOFWIW, but all BS aside, I Stand Behind my Point There 100%!!!

Gaim

I think this is her most talented team at USC and the first time she's had talent the equal of UCONN for when we play on the 10th. We have more depth, which is why I think we'll beat them this year. We need a full house, 18,000 for every game the rest of the way.

Reactions: Gaimcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT