ADVERTISEMENT

Its going to be weird playing yall in November.*

Yes it will. And it should be a good game... for a few minutes. :)

Sheesh. We have had a lot of close games with you guys for years and years. But I just hope we don't get blown off the field this year.

Been a long time since that happened. 1980 is memory serves.
Melvin Ingram says, "Hey."
ruhroh.gif

That was back during my 13th year of life!!! But I remember it clearly!! Listened to it as my dad and I sawed a bunch of logs for our old school fireplace back then!
I pulled a disadvantageous shift swap to get off work and watch it. Other than George's fumble and Herschel's long touchdown run - I believe it was 67 yards - what I remember is that Carl West scored our only touchdown and ABC missed it due to technical difficulties. That game was eminently winnable. It would have been a huge signature win for Carlen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
I pulled a disadvantageous shift swap to get off work and watch it. Other than George's fumble and Herschel's long touchdown run - I believe it was 67 yards - what I remember is that Carl West scored our only touchdown and ABC missed it due to technical difficulties. That game was imminently winnable. It would have been a huge signature win for Carlen.
If George hadn't fumbled, we'd have beat them 17-13 that game!! Just a fact, it at least it would have ended in a 13-13 tie. Such could happen back then, but our D played pretty well against their famous RB that I cannot recall the name of. =:p

Reactions: NetworkX
Uhhhh, you do know we lost that game, right?

Damn, Rod.

Y'all, without going back and looking at past schedules, maybe @Rod Dangerfield is talking about the last time we played the pups in November. I'd be shocked if he forgot that we won there in '11.

Yeah. What the hell? Opie said it was gonna be weird playing us in November. All I stated was I believed 1980 to be the most recent time. Idiots.

This could be UGA's trap game. Even the best have those. Auburn the following week.
Auburn's quarterback isn't as good as ours is, plus Malzahn is still trying to run an offense that absolutely depends on the quarterback being a true running threat, which the present quarterback isn't. I rate Auburn as a "sell".

Yeah. What the hell? Opie said it was gonna be weird playing us in November. All I stated was I believed 1980 to be the most recent time. Idiots.
Yea I believe I understood yours as a response the post directly above yours. Sorry, bud. Contrary to my contribution, I am (barely) above idiot status.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Auburn's quarterback isn't as good as ours is, plus Malzahn is still trying to run an offense that absolutely depends on the quarterback being a true running threat, which the present quarterback isn't. I rate Auburn as a "sell".
I'm not here to flame, I think South Carolina is a decent squad and I think the Dawgs and Cocks game will be a battle. Having said that, Stidaum is better than Bentley by a fairly significant margin. And yes, I'm ware he's still supposed to be in middle school or whatever.

I'm not here to flame, I think South Carolina is a decent squad and I think the Dawgs and Cocks game will be a battle. Having said that, Stidaum is better than Bentley by a fairly significant margin. And yes, I'm ware he's still supposed to be in middle school or whatever.
You're talking now about Auburn's current starter, correct? Bentley is more improvisational. Extends plays better. He does have some accuracy issues.

You aren't to good at "not flaming" are you. Significant margin better - I think not.

Anybody from UGA got any clue about that Uncle Lou guy on youboob?

He sounds like some yellowtoothed Ohio transplant. Stupidest, lamest "fan" I've run across in a while, regardless of school.

Reactions: Pomaria Tiger
You aren't to good at "not flaming" are you. Significant margin better - I think not.
How did I flame anyone? This is a Gamecock board, I'm not over here to talk crap just for the sake of talking crap. I've watched both qbs and Stidham looks a lot better.

How did I flame anyone? This is a Gamecock board, I'm not over here to talk crap just for the sake of talking crap. I've watched both qbs and Stidham looks a lot better.
Both are game manager types

Bentley has more potential

Stidham has better personnel around him and a better defense on his side

I'd rather have the ball in Bentleys hands with the game on the line

Stidham has a better O-line which in turn can make a QB look better!
Maybe, but he got sacked like 11 times in one game so it's not exactly like he's behind a brick wall.
Both are game manager types

Bentley has more potential

Stidham has better personnel around him and a better defense on his side

I'd rather have the ball in Bentleys hands with the game on the line

As a Dawg, Auburn is one of our rivals and probably my most hated one, so I'm certainly not trying to pump him up, but Stidham just looks better to me at this point. With us starting another true freshman QB, I just hope we don't have a game on the line haha.

Maybe, but he got sacked like 11 times in one game so it's not exactly like he's behind a brick wall.

As a Dawg, Auburn is one of our rivals and probably my most hated one, so I'm certainly not trying to pump him up, but Stidham just looks better to me at this point. With us starting another true freshman QB, I just hope we don't have a game on the line haha.
Did he look that good against lowly LSU, on Sat.

Looks like the SEC is getting us back to having to play UGA, UF, UT and then the upstate all in the same month.

Well you are right about hearing how he is supposed to be in high school. I'm tired of the announcers not doing their own research so they can have something meaningful to talk about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT