ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening -- college football playoff schedule announced

Maybe just me, but I'm disappointed to see ranking dates. I have no interest in seeing multiple schools from one conference in the playoff this year. Great time to have conference champions only... just this once. Be different.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
Ridiculous - money grab and everyone knows it - should be cancelled like the entire season. For once I agree the The State editorial board - may be the one and only time.

Ridiculous - money grab and everyone knows it - should be cancelled like the entire season. For once I agree the The State editorial board - may be the one and only time.
They took their cue from that DeCock boy up in Raleigh. They didn't come up with that all by themselves.

Maybe just me, but I'm disappointed to see ranking dates. I have no interest in seeing multiple schools from one conference in the playoff this year. Great time to have conference champions only... just this once. Be different.
Just this once, I'm gonna stand back and watch the mayhem. It's actually already begun, right here on this board. The potential is enormous.

You say "money grab" like it is a bad thing to save your athletic department from bankruptcy or insolvency. There are a lot of players on female tennis, volleyball, softball, etc and men's golf, tennis, baseball, etc hoping some money is grabbed so they can have paid scholarships and continue their college educations. The only ones greedy here are the folks for their own egos sake who are wanting to cancel the season and ruin all of those kids college careers for no real safety reason.

You say "money grab" like it is a bad thing to save your athletic department from bankruptcy or insolvency. There are a lot of players on female tennis, volleyball, softball, etc and men's golf, tennis, baseball, etc hoping some money is grabbed so they can have paid scholarships and continue their college educations. The only ones greedy here are the folks for their own egos sake who are wanting to cancel the season and ruin all of those kids college careers for no real safety reason.
Ah, there's an element that has the red-ass because someone is going to try to do something.

Nope..... Open up everything... Staying closed is killing our young kids. Mental health issues up, suicides up, drug overdose up... Put them back with their peers. Statistics agree.

Seems like a lot of effort to exert for an exhibition. This season will be meaningless beyond its time frame.
If it is completed, it will forever mean a lot to the people who made it happen and will keep some athletic programs solvent, to the benefit of other than football players.

Last edited:
it will go in the record books. Whoever wins the Heisman will be a Heisman winner. same for Outland, Davy O"Brien, etc. Same for All Americans.

Exactly. There's no asterik next to the Heisman winner's name during WWII, or any other year. Same for the National Champion. The winners of the awards will be the winners & desevedly so. They've earned the awards & accolades.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT