ADVERTISEMENT

It's Kentucky. We need to win.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. Coming into the season, UK was marked as one of those "simply must win it" games. At this point, though I just don't see what it matters. So we finish 3-7 instead of 2-8 ahead of a massive staff overhaul. This game will basically be:

giphy.gif

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yeah with this year that just isn't the case. A win would be nice, but we've slept on Kentucky for far too long. They arent Vanderbilt even though we try to treat them that way.

Maybe if South Carolina played Kentucky in September there could of been a chance at a win. Right now South Carolina is so battered that it can not stand toe to toe physically with Kentucky. I will be watching Saturday evening and hoping for several Kentucky miscues in which South Carolina wins the game.

Reactions: mavcock
Going to depend on which beat up battered horrible team has more motivation to play. I’m not sure that’s us, especially being the road team. I would like a win, but regardless we are in the crapper right now.

Maybe 3 wins gets us a bowl and that all important extra bowl practice? :)

Remember what Muschamp would say, how important all that extra bowl practice was, and then he forgot what he said and didn't use it all against Virginia and it was mostly downhill from there.

I don't know what the odds are....but I think Carolina's chance of winning have to be well under 10%.
There is no starting defense (d@mn sure not a Stoops defense) that will allow much yardage vs us in a non-blowout/non playing 3rd/4th string guys.
They're gonna stack the box and stop/slow run. They're going to pay attention to the TE who can easily be covered by a DE. We have no edge threats to throw to. Doty will run for his life. I hope he doesn't get hurt. The sky isn't falling....it has already fallen.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. Coming into the season, UK was marked as one of those "simply must win it" games. At this point, though I just don't see what it matters. So we finish 3-7 instead of 2-8 ahead of a massive staff overhaul. This game will basically be:

giphy.gif
2 and 8, here we come.

The reset button has been pressed. Any win from here forward helps.

Would love to see Kevin Harris rush for 100 yards and score a TD. Would put him over 1000 yards rushing and 15+ TD for the year. Don't know what the effort level will be but would be cool to see him get those milestones; love watching him run

Needs 72 yards to reach 1000.

Reactions: 43cocks
Maybe 3 wins gets us a bowl and that all important extra bowl practice? :)

Remember what Muschamp would say, how important all that extra bowl practice was, and then he forgot what he said and didn't use it all against Virginia and it was mostly downhill from there.

Screw Muschamp.

Needs 72 yards to reach 1000.

He's gonna get it.

I guess a win would be nice. But I don't know if anybody really cares at this point. Both teams are well below their best with opt outs and injuries. And apparently Kentucky has some in covid protocol. I think most are just ready for it to be over.

Would love to see Kevin Harris rush for 100 yards and score a TD. Would put him over 1000 yards rushing and 15+ TD for the year. Don't know what the effort level will be but would be cool to see him get those milestones; love watching him run
Perhaps that should be the focus of the game. To hell with a win

There is just one small problem. The game is at Kentucky. In the last two trips to Kentucky, the Gamecocks have scored a total of 20 points (2018 - 10 pts., 2016 - 10 pts.) Statistical Analysis says it is not promising.
10 pts seems to be Kentucky's magic number this season......If SCAR scores 13 I say it's a win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT