ADVERTISEMENT

It's time for Jerry Myers to earn his paycheck

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Throw the kitchen sink after today's win...

We need to see if any of the pitchers on the staff can actually pitch and become the starter for next year...

Jack will not be back next year and we don't have a true starter behind Jack...

Myers is one of the best pitching coaches in college baseball,and I was very excited when he returned to the team in 2011. I agree his staff has struggled this year much like the 2002 team with the lack of a true closer and a solid weekend rotation, but the hitting coach, and defensive coaches also need to earn their pay checks

Myers is one of the best pitching coaches in college baseball,and I was very excited when he returned to the team in 2011. I agree his staff has struggled this year much like the 2002 team with the lack of a true closer and a solid weekend rotation, but the hitting coach, and defensive coaches also need to earn their pay checks

Hitting coach is Chad...

I believe Mark Calvi did a better job than JM.

JM did a great job the first time around, but coming back to Carolina just not the same for JM.

I don't recall this national runner up team struggling on the mound.

I don't recall this national runner up team struggling on the mound.
Maybe not quite as bad as now but their team era was over 4 and Gary Bell was more or less the ace and his era was over 5. Big john Wesley took over the closer role toward the end of the season but his overall era was still high. The bats were a lot different then too though

Maybe not quite as bad as now but their team era was over 4 and Gary Bell was more or less the ace and his era was over 5. Big john Wesley took over the closer role toward the end of the season but his overall era was still high. The bats were a lot different then too though

Bingo! An ERA in the 4s back then wasn't too shabby at all.

Agreed. Still tho the lack of a true closer and not being able to solidify a weekend rotation reminds me of '02. His pitching staffs in '03&'04 were the strength of those teams when we went to Omaha

Alrighty then, well, I'd take the 2002 results this year in a skinny minute! There is, obviously, a MAJOR difference.

Hardly, he has never gotten any serious job offers to go anywhere else as a pitching Coach and likely never will.

We need players at every position. Pitching is horrid, defense atrocious with absolutely no hitting. And nothing great, from what I see coming in. Zippo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT