ADVERTISEMENT

Its time to make changes

DeepfriedCock

Jan 30, 2017
There's no reason for us to feild female sports teams now. It's nothing but a waste of money without a return. That's money we can use for NIL deals for football or basketball players. We are a Minor league program now. We finished strong in football. And Are better players have showed, that don't mean anything when it comes to money.

Step away from the ledge Mister! Cancelling women’s sports isn’t the answer!
What is the Answer? As Mack brown said his QB had over 15 NIL deals to transfer to different schools. So the transfer Portal is different name for free agency.

There's no reason for us to feild female sports teams now. It's nothing but a waste of money without a return. That's money we can use for NIL deals for football or basketball players. We are a Minor league program now. We finished strong in football. And Are better players have showed, that don't mean anything when it comes to money.
My daughters would disagree, but ok...

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Our women's programs are the only ones that win consistently. Maybe we could shut down some of the other mens programs that arent doing jack shit.

I said in another forum thats where NIL + portal would eventually take college sports. The players advocacy types balked. “Do what’s in their best interest” is always what they say. Well YOU are right, whats in the “best interest” of fielding a winning football and basketball program is to immediately drop all sports that lose $$. Put that money towards football and basketball. Help them “get tha bag” is that the current cool phrase?

Our women's programs are the only ones that win consistently. Maybe we could shut down some of the other mens programs that arent doing jack shit.
Winning is irrelevant. Do they make $$? If not hes right. Drop em. If players act only 100% in their best interest then so should the athletics departments across America. Focus 100% on making $$ and that means drop all sports that dont

Reactions: Cybercock
Winning is irrelevant. Do they make $$? If not hes right. Drop em. If players act only 100% in their best interest then so should the athletics departments across America. Focus 100% on making $$ and that means drop all sports that dont
Then we need to get rid of everything except football. Everything else loses money.

I think the guys who are beating the drum on this need to go be NFL fans only. I dont think college sports is for you.

Step away from the ledge Mister! Cancelling women’s sports isn’t the answer!
In fairness, why not? Isnt the new era all about “do whats in best interest of myself”? Well for the athletics departments across America thats having winning football and basketball programs. Financially nothing else matters, including non revenue sports that lose $$$. That $$$ would be better spent building 5-star lake front dorm rooms for football players to land better portal players right?

Then we need to get rid of everything except football. Everything else loses money.

I think the guys who are beating the drum on this need to go be NFL fans only. I dont think college sports is for you.
So be it. Thats the new era mentality of players so let’s embrace it. Your point is accurate about the NFL. We DONT WANT college ball to be pro ball but the players mentality w NIL and portal is exactly what it’s turned into.

So why not embrace it. We are the NFL now. The Packers dont fund a womens softball or mens track program in Green Bay. They fund one single sport so should we

Doesn't the NIL pool of money come from a separate source than the athletic department? Meaning, if you cancel the women's sports, angering dozens of fans nationwide, the school CAN'T use that money for NIL deals.

Doesn't the NIL pool of money come from a separate source than the athletic department? Meaning, if you cancel the women's sports, angering dozens of fans nationwide, the school CAN'T use that money for NIL deals.
I think more than a dozen people would be upset if you canceled the womens basketball, especially around here.

You guys clearly have not been to a womens basketball game and it shows.

We cannot cancel women’s athletics!!!! That is crazy statement. That is equivalent to burning your house down because you kitchen sink drips.

What a inane thread.
Actually debating/suggesting if schools from Div111 on up would actually drop all women's sports to funnel money for NIL deals.
Schools do not and can not fund NIL deals. This should not be hard to understand.

Did some folks get drugged over the weekend and found their way to the message board?

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I don't keep close tabs on things like this but, wouldn't the government, using Title IX, have something to say about your plan?

Correct. However, that money could be used for other things to appease these professional athletes. What if we built a few mansions on Lake Murray and each position group had its own mansion to live in as their “dorm”? Thats way more important than having soccer, baseball or equestrian teams.

Reactions: mikeypen
What a inane thread.
Actually debating/suggesting if schools from Div111 on up would actually drop all women's sports to funnel money for NIL deals.
Schools do not and can not fund NIL deals. This should not be hard to understand.
No but they can fund other perks to appease these superstar pro athletes. Having a 5-star 24/7 restaurant for players only for example is far more important than having soccer, tennis and golf teams. That could help the star players feel like they are getting more of a fair deal for their efforts

Just an example: What if USC dropped all non revenue sports and used that money to hire chefs from Halls Chophouse and create a 24/7 players only “dining hall” that’s actually 5-star quality. 3am the players could go get a Halls quality steak, like a pro athlete should be able to.

It would help land more portal guys. And a better use of that money than fielding softball and soccer programs

I don't keep close tabs on things like this but, wouldn't the government, using Title IX, have something to say about your plan?
Title IX? What does that mean? In todays society, a man can be a woman if he wants to be. So who's to say that our football team isn't a woman's sport if we say it is? Why not? If I say it is right, then who are you to tell me it isn't? There is no distinction any more. Saying something is a woman's or a man's sport is so 90's.

Reactions: Lurker123
Just an example: What if USC dropped all non revenue sports and used that money to hire chefs from Halls Chophouse and create a 24/7 players only “dining hall” that’s actually 5-star quality. 3am the players could go get a Halls quality steak, like a pro athlete should be able to.

It would help land more portal guys. And a better use of that money than fielding softball and soccer programs

When I question the leaders of our athletic department about things, I've learned to consider the alternative.

and I then face the reality that there are people out there with inane ideas like yours walking around and I am thankful for the leaders we have.

My former supervisor use to tell me about some of the things he heard when he interviewed people for positions. I thought he made up some of the nutty things he said people mentioned. But I realize that there are people, like you, walking around who actually say this stuff.

We cannot cancel women’s athletics!!!! That is crazy statement. That is equivalent to burning your house down because you kitchen sink drips.

Reality is no one of consequence would miss women's sports. They're a revenue black hole and get very little support to begin with, even from women. And now with Dems saying gender is "fluid" it makes it more irrelevant than ever (tongue in cheek). Just simply say women can try out for any men's sports. If they make it so be it.

Reactions: Lurker123
Title IX? What does that mean? In todays society, a man can be a woman if he wants to be. So who's to say that our football team isn't a woman's sport if we say it is? Why not? If I say it is right, then who are you to tell me it isn't? There is no distinction any more. Saying something is a woman's or a man's sport is so 90's.

Okay, that's funny.

IMO, we should not participate in the NIL on any level. Honestly, we can't compete anyway. The NIL is massively flawed and everyone knows it.

Let the big players pick up their chess pieces until sanity returns through the courts. More the P5 teams that opt out, the more obvious it will be that this is lunacy and another dumb corporate monopoly game.

When I question the leaders of our athletic department about things, I've learned to consider the alternative.

and I then face the reality that there are people out there with inane ideas like yours walking around and I am thankful for the leaders we have.

My former supervisor use to tell me about some of the things he heard when he interviewed people for positions. I thought he made up some of the nutty things he said people mentioned. But I realize that there are people, like you, walking around who actually say this stuff.

Another classic post from Mr. Censorship.

"...then face the reality that there are people out there with inane ideas like yours walking around..."
-- Well if anyone knows about inane ideas, it would be you Dave.

"My former supervisor use to tell me about some of the things he heard when he interviewed people for positions."
-- More predictable heresy to bolster your argument.

"...nutty things he said people mentioned. But I realize that there are people, like you, walking around who actually say this stuff."
-- Doesn't this type of insult warrant a report? Do us all a favor and self-report this time.

"DeeDave is a racist and supported the January 6th Insurrection at the Capital carried out by Trump cult members" - @bill222"
-- What does this mean Dave? This seems to be political? Add it to your report.

This just distracts from the real issue. We're about to pay a HC 6-7.5 million dollars, where at least 5 of that million would be better spent going to the actual players.

Reactions: gamecockblack
That guy(Deepfriedcock) has no clue is what he is saying. We field a consistent winner, get notoriety and bring women Basketball to heights unheard of and you say get rid of it because we beat Clemson,Tennessee and go 8-4 with a great qb who may(not) come back next year? I bet you purposely missed that National Championship parade earlier this year. We have businesses and donors to contribute to NILS. Players will leave here always probably because USC is not a traditional power, except Luke Doty types. My request to you is open your eyes and enjoy the women's Basketball team-they are number #1.

That guy(Deepfriedcock) has no clue is what he is saying. We field a consistent winner, get notoriety and bring women Basketball to heights unheard of and you say get rid of it because we beat Clemson,Tennessee and go 8-4 with a great qb who may(not) come back next year? I bet you purposely missed that National Championship parade earlier this year. We have businesses and donors to contribute to NILS. Players will leave here always probably because USC is not a traditional power, except Luke Doty types. My request to you is open your eyes and enjoy the women's Basketball team-they are number #1.

We're already squeezing businesses and donors though. That's been Ray's forte. Do you honestly believe we can compete with the heavy donor bases? It's a silly unbalanced system that was born when a delusional contingent thought being "woke" was a good path when really it was just an IQ test.

Everyone knows handing teenagers boatloads of cash only leads to trouble and disincentivizes development. As it stands today, teams will be paying the top QBs $750K+ per year to play and that's before all of the endorsement deals, etc. Players that can earn $8-10m+ in college have much less incentive to become "NFL quality" players. And imagine being the OLs who have to block for these prima donnas? They already yield the spotlight to the QB position and now they are blocking for a guy who is making 50x what they are? Talk about inviting mutiny. It's the pinnacle of stupidity and corruption. We should opt out and wait for sanity to return.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
We're already squeezing businesses and donors though. That's been Ray's forte. Do you honestly believe we can compete with the heavy donor bases? It's a silly unbalanced system that was born when a delusional contingent thought being "woke" was a good path when really it was just an IQ test.

Everyone knows handing teenagers boatloads of cash only leads to trouble and disincentivizes development. As it stands today, teams will be paying the top QBs $750K+ per year to play and that's before all of the endorsement deals, etc. Players that can earn $8-10m+ in college have much less incentive to become "NFL quality" players. And imagine being the OLs who have to block for these prima donnas? They already yield the spotlight to the QB position and now they are blocking for a guy who is making 50x what they are? Talk about inviting mutiny. It's the pinnacle of stupidity and corruption. We should opt out and wait for sanity to return.
Good points. Once this is in full gear, most National Championship Teams will be known as the best team money can buy. Who wants to watch that?

Guess you can’t recognize satire.

What's the difference between College Football and the NFL? The players are payed both have free agency(transfer Portal). Anyone that says College Football isn't minor league football now is in denial.

I love watching our Women's basketball team. But the bottom line is, they don't make money. If we want to compete for a SEC championship. All the boosters money should go to towards buying the best football players. The schools athletic money should all go to the football program.

What's the difference between College Football and the NFL? The players are payed both have free agency(transfer Portal). Anyone that says College Football isn't minor league football now is in denial.
The difference is the initial player draft and contracts.

I think whats going to happen to slow down this NIL/trasnfer horeshit is that you will start seeing contracts for 3-4 years with scholarship offers. I doubt there would be a draft for players out of high school, the big schools would never allow the smaller ones to have an equal footing.

Title 9 says you must equal number of women to men.

No but they can fund other perks to appease these superstar pro athletes. Having a 5-star 24/7 restaurant for players only for example is far more important than having soccer, tennis and golf teams. That could help the star players feel like they are getting more of a fair deal for their efforts
I'm going to assume this is sarcasm, but in the remote chance it is not, I'm sure the rest of the college world would look at the headlines "USC to drop all mens/womens Soccer, Tennis and & Golf Teams to install a 5 star 24/7 restaurant for FB players only". with mouth agape in disbelief and shock, before collapsing into hysterical laughter.

Guess you can’t recognize satire

That’s incorrect. It does not require the same amount of men vs women, it only requires that they both be given equal resources

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm, but in the remote chance it is not, I'm sure the rest of the college world would look at the headlines "USC to drop all mens/womens Soccer, Tennis and & Golf Teams to install a 5 star 24/7 restaurant for FB players only". with mouth agape in disbelief and shock, before collapsing into hysterical laughter.
Maybe they would. But that transfer portal kid who is shopping around his talents will see it and it might land him. Remember this is college football in 2022, NOTHING matters other than appeasing the wishes of players and giving them everything

I thought title 9 pertained to scholastic amateur sports. College sports isn’t a amateur sports anymore. Especially when average salary is around 7 figures for power 5 starting QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT