ADVERTISEMENT

I've been telling UGA fans...

what!!....Clemson has been in National Championship game 3 years in a row... winning 1 NC..enough said

you're just a little bias

Clemson was not in the NCG 3 years in a row. They played Bama 3 years in a row. The first 2 were in fact the NCG, but the last one (last season) was in the semi’s of the playoff. UGA played Bama in the NCG.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Enjoy this summer. Reality starts week 2. Go Cocks!!!
Coming to Columbia for a hot-as-hades 3:30 game in front of a Williams-Bryce stadium full of enthusiastic optimistic SoCar fans, will be a big challenge for the dawgs. I checked the Vegas odds and they are making Georgia an 11 point favorite. I don't know about that. The heat will be oppressive but UGA has a deep team and should be able to keep fresh players in the game. Experienced QB Jake Fromm will be the starter but there will be some designed series for our newest 5 star QB Justin Fields. The OL is deep and has three 5 star players in the 2 deep. I wouldn't trade our receiver corps for any in the country. RB's D'Andre Swift and Elijah Holyfield will sub in and out to keep fresh. We hope to wear the USC defense down as the game rolls into the second half. Our pass defense will be better than last year and even though we lost Roquan Smith, we expect very little drop off from last year's #5 defense. Although, UGA will be favored, I can't say that I am not nervous about this one.

UGA is rolling, I think we have a chance but the talent on the field isn’t equal. I think our offenses aren’t too far off IF our new tempo clicks, but UGA has advantage in the trenches and running game. UGA has more depth on defense and talent...I think WillyB is a huge advantage and really the only one we have...unfortunately I think this is our best chance to knock them off in the coming future. Their recruiting is kinda insane right now, (7 5* recruits last year?) Kirby has done well with the stockpile given by Richt, but he’s outrecruiting everybody...Hate to say it but Kirby brought Bamaness to UGA and Jawga is in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country. I’m excited for the game but my garnet colored glasses aren’t dark enough to be confident about this one. There’s always a chance though.

Do you not think playing 2 OT games in the playoff is not enough pressure?
WB is loud but I think what they went though last year is a good enough test to see if they can play on the road.

Yeah, really. I think we’ve overachieved the last 2 seasons, but we haven’t done enough damage to be talking smack to anyone. We won 3 games last season that could have easily gone the other way, and would have ended with only 6 W’s. The thing is we didn’t, and that is a departure from how many Gamecock teams in the past finished games, so that is reason to be optimistic, but as someone has already stated, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Over achieved? How about just better coaching plus better players? I think we're right where we should be.

Reactions: rogue cock
Clemson was not in the NCG 3 years in a row. They played Bama 3 years in a row. The first 2 were in fact the NCG, but the last one (last season) was in the semi’s of the playoff. UGA played Bama in the NCG.

yep, my mistake, thanks..... that really decreases Clemson's success in my response to the poster:)

Says a guy whose team has had only 3 seasons with 10 plus wins. Says a guy whose team has a total of 9 bowl wins in its existence. Says a guy whose team has never won a conference championship..ever. Yet, you worry if Georgia matters in college football.

None of that matters come game time in Williams Brice. You know it.

Coming to Columbia for a hot-as-hades 3:30 game in front of a Williams-Bryce stadium full of enthusiastic optimistic SoCar fans, will be a big challenge for the dawgs. I checked the Vegas odds and they are making Georgia an 11 point favorite. I don't know about that. The heat will be oppressive but UGA has a deep team and should be able to keep fresh players in the game. Experienced QB Jake Fromm will be the starter but there will be some designed series for our newest 5 star QB Justin Fields. The OL is deep and has three 5 star players in the 2 deep. I wouldn't trade our receiver corps for any in the country. RB's D'Andre Swift and Elijah Holyfield will sub in and out to keep fresh. We hope to wear the USC defense down as the game rolls into the second half. Our pass defense will be better than last year and even though we lost Roquan Smith, we expect very little drop off from last year's #5 defense. Although, UGA will be favored, I can't say that I am not nervous about this one.

Many analysts would trade yours for ours. We are loaded at receiver.

Says a guy whose team has had only 3 seasons with 10 plus wins. Says a guy whose team has a total of 9 bowl wins in its existence. Says a guy whose team has never won a conference championship..ever. Yet, you worry if Georgia matters in college football.

1984 was 10 wins. 1965 & 1969 ACC champions.

1984 was 10 wins. 1965 & 1969 ACC champions.

Only ACC championship is 1969 per
link
Since we had to forfeit 2 wins.

I don't get smack, never have. The more smack you talk, the more s--t you gotta eat, seems.

Besides, I prefer Theodore Roosevelt's philosophy. Speak softly and carry a big whoopass stick.

And that said, Georgia is No. 2 on my unholy trinity, right between Clemson and Ohio State.

Outside Clemson, few teams have more shaven-headed, lard-assed, bad-breathed, yellow-toothed, possum-eating, mudpuddle bellyflopping, toilet-seat-sliding, chicken-fertilizer-farming, cousin-dating, tobaccy chawing, meth-cooking, public-assistance-frauding, goat-roping, Keystone-beer-drinking, lawnmower-thieving, tattoo-wearing, plastic-pool-peeing pretentious for no-damn-reason-on-this-planet peckerwoods in the fanbase than UGA.

You know why UGA has a damn bulldog for a mascot? The players thought she was cute and might put out on the first date.

That's what started it.
Excellent statement No Doubt!! =;-p

I think he can make it to week 2 :D
Personally I hope he makes it through the season and has a productive NFL career. I never pull for anyone to get injured... just wanted to say that out loud. I didn't want my previous post to be taken that way. Best wishes to the guy... except week 2. :)

Personally I hope he makes it through the season and has a productive NFL career. I never pull for anyone to get injured... just wanted to say that out loud. I didn't want my previous post to be taken that way. Best wishes to the guy... except week 2. :)

Agreed, people with human status don't pull for people to get injured. You want to face your opponent at their best. We should be able to handle coastal with out a career day from Deebo, but if Shi, Mon & Jam want to have a field day I'm good with that.

Agreed, people with human status don't pull for people to get injured. You want to face your opponent at their best. We should be able to handle coastal with out a career day from Deebo, but if Shi, Mon & Jam want to have a field day I'm good with that.
The only person that I ever wished an injury upon was Nick Fairly, the thug mercenary at auburn.

I am sure yours are good. Neither of us know much about the other team's receivers. I am excited about Godwin and Mecole Hardman. Throw in Isaac Nauta at tight end.
Athlon has Deebo #4 in it's Top 50 receivers in 2018. Edwards is in the 30s. Didn't see a UGA receiver mentioned. Of course, they are merely one source. I'm sure the Athens newspaper probably has them all in the top 10 for you guys. Fear not!

Nice deflection. Fact is you were wrong. That is the focus.

i know i'm important and the few times i'm wrong, its earth shattering,... but i hate to take the focus off that Clemson is a dominating team and surely isn't overrated like the poster said

i know i'm important and the few times i'm wrong, its earth shattering,... but i hate to take the focus off that Clemson is a dominating team and surely isn't overrated like the poster said
I wouldn't know since I'm not here much. The stuff I have read makes you one of the boards contrarians.

100 degrees in Cola and us having one of the best records in the conference over the last decade when playing as an underdog? Good luck.
I was being conservative. We've never had this much talent, depth, and especially an OL like this. The 100 degrees won't be any worse on the Dawgs than it is on the Cocks. We're not from the Big 10. Lol. Dawgs by 14 :D

I was being conservative. We've never had this much talent, depth, and especially an OL like this. The 100 degrees won't be any worse on the Dawgs than it is on the Cocks. We're not from the Big 10. Lol. Dawgs by 14 :D

Chubb, Michelle, your awesome LB, our house, we aren’t going to give it to you

If Mark Richt were still the HFC, I would be even more concerned about this game. He had a history of underachieving and losing games that he shouldn't. South Carolina fans are legitimately excited about the Cocks. You have a good sophomore QB and a couple of good receivers to go with an experienced line. The home team automatically gets a 3 point advantage. Your stadium will be packed and rocking. The temperatures will be oppressive. It will be an extremely hostile environment for Georgia to enter. Preseason prognosticators have rated our OL as the second best in college football. They are talented and deep. We should be able to rotate fresh players in to offset the heat. QB Jake Fromm is only a sophomore but he has a full year's experience playing in high pressure games (at Notre Dame, SECC game, Rose Bowl, national championship game, etc.) If he falters, we have the #1 dual threat QB in the country ready to come in. Sophomore D'Andre Swift is a top 5 RB, His battery mate Holyfield would start for the majority of the 130 teams in college football. Zamir "Zeus" White came in as the #1 RB in the country last year. He will play only if needed to give him extra time to recover from surgery. I have already spoken about a group of receivers that I wouldn't trade for any in football. I just feel that UGA's talent and depth will wear you down as the game goes on. Defensively, we lost the irreplaceable Roquan Smith but we have a plethora of highly recruited linebackers to play that position. The DL will surprise those people who predict them as a "weakness". The DB's will be stronger than last year. Not trying to flame here. Hopefully we can discuss this game without getting silly. Thre is a reason why the Vegas line has gone from -11 to -14.5.

If Hopefully we can discuss this game without getting silly. Thre is a reason why the Vegas line has gone from -11 to -14.5.

The constant is Vegas. They shift lines in an effort to balance the money on both sides, so if they UghA betting started strongly at 11, they shift to try and build bets one the Carolina side. They are pretty dang good at it. I learned at an early age not to bet on the team I love because I do have those garnet colored glasses and they are extra garnet coming off last season.

I still believe this game is a nip and tuck all out war (hurry up offense and all). I also remember when this game used to be first team to double digits, I don't see that given the maturity of personnel on both offenses.

so it comes down to mistakes and the team that capitalizes on them (I miss Skai, someone has to step into that space) so if either team gives up 2 turnovers that likely leads to their demise. I would bet on TJ Brunson collecting a lot of tackles against your running backs, the issue will be are those for 3 yards or 5/6.

The fact of the matter is none of the big talkers on either side will be on the field. Unfortunately, they are loaded but what has been their achielles heel for years is now a strength. That would be the ol. It's big strong and DEEP. I don't know who will win the game but downplaying UGA this year is a mistake, imo. Hate to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT