ADVERTISEMENT

I've calmed down, but I'm done I think

You said "We needed Bill Snyder and got Muschamp"

No we dont. Much much rather have Muschamp at this stage in both of their careers.
Yeah, I saw Snyder's K State team just get bullied by Mississippi State. That team would not do well in the SEC.

Do you know anything about Bill Snyder's career, what situation Kansas State was in before he took that job, or just about anything about the guy?

He's pushing 70, or past it, I'd have to look it up. His time is over, and he needs to retire. I wasn't saying we needed to hire him at this point in time.

Best coach of the past half century. If you count Bryant as being from an "older" period, I'd say Bob Devaney is his only rival.
Yes. I know about Bill Snyder. I don’t agree he’s anywhere near the best coach of the past half century though. Guess we have to agree to disagree.

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan, a Chicago Cubs fan and a Carolina fan since grammar school... more than 50 years. The Bears sucked when I was a kid but I never gave up on them and they finally won a Super Bowl in 1985. The Cubs sucked forever but finally won a World Series after 108 years of futility. I’ll never give up on Carolina because I’M A REAL FAN. You aren’t and never were. Put on some jail house orange and enjoy watching the Tigers today. That’s the community you truly belong to.

I was at the treasure trove in Ft Lauderdale the night the cubbies won the World Series with my best friend and life long Cub fan.
Anything is possible now “Hold The Line ! “

I couldn’t dream of abandoning my university & pulling for any other school (except those few hours when Clemtech is facing my second favorite team)!

I’m bothered this is even debated or a thought

Well, I’ve had thoughts like this before. And I’ve tried walking away before. But you know, I couldn’t stay gone for too long. I just got sucked back into it. lol
Look, maybe take a short term break from it, if that’ll help you.
And when you come back, keep it light and casual. Keep it in perspective. It’s a ball game. Entertainment. Not “the end all” of human existence.
I’m not judging you or criticicizing you!! I totally get your point. Just take a break, keep it in perspective when you come back, and you’ll be fine.
Go Cocks!
excellent point of view. I was able to do this 7 yrs ago at the age of 54. Never thought I could do it!

Yes. I know about Bill Snyder. I don’t agree he’s anywhere near the best coach of the past half century though. Guess we have to agree to disagree.

It depends on how you measure best. Synder's proponents will say he has done more with less, which may be true. Any great coach you name, Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob stoops, or whoever will soon attract top players as they win. So if you discount their success because they had great players, Snyder looks the best. I think TCU's coach can give him a run for the money in that regard, winning with lowly rated recruits. Most of those you would likely list as great probably recruited a lot of great highly rated players too.

For the love of God, are you guys a bunch of
It depends on how you measure best. Synder's proponents will say he has done more with less, which may be true. Any great coach you name, Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob stoops, or whoever will soon attract top players as they win. So if you discount their success because they had great players, Snyder looks the best. I think TCU's coach can give him a run for the money in that regard, winning with lowly rated recruits. Most of those you would likely list as great probably recruited a lot of great highly rated players too.

It's significantly harder to recruit players to Kansas State than TCU. TCU is a great program, and definitely has giantkiller qualities though.

The last really good Kansas State team was the one Colin Klein qb'ed I think, and that is what, like 5 years ago? They are a pale shadow of the 90's teams at this point. He's had a great career, but it is time for Snyder to retire.

Sad thing is I can't see anyone they could possibly hire who could excel in that situation. By rights they should be looking up at... Kansas.

For the love of God, are you guys a bunch of

It's significantly harder to recruit players to Kansas State than TCU. TCU is a great program, and definitely has giantkiller qualities though.

The last really good Kansas State team was the one Colin Klein qb'ed I think, and that is what, like 5 years ago? They are a pale shadow of the 90's teams at this point. He's had a great career, but it is time for Snyder to retire.

Sad thing is I can't see anyone they could possibly hire who could excel in that situation. By rights they should be looking up at... Kansas.

Snyder is way past time to retire, but your point about being hard to recruit to KState shows what a great job he has done over the years. Once he is gone they may never be relevant again. That is why they have begged him to stay on as long as he has.

giphy.gif

Snyder is way past time to retire, but your point about being hard to recruit to KState shows what a great job he has done over the years. Once he is gone they may never be relevant again. That is why they have begged him to stay on as long as he has.

See this is the crux to me. Why I think we need a guy LIKE Bill Snyder, or at least the coach he was from the 80's to about 2012 or so.

If we somehow were in the Big 12 (but still recruiting as if we were in the SEC), we'd outrecruit everyone but Texas and Oklahoma. In the ACC, everyone but Clemson, FSU (depends on coach I guess, but you know), and Miami.

In the Pac-12 I think we would outrecruit everyone. - Whatever those recruiting classes at Southern Cal are ranked, I don't think they have any better talent than Notre Dame, and that gets exposed everytime ND plays any school like Georgia, Alabama, or Ohio State.

But in the SEC we perennially have top 20 classes, often top 15. And we also perennially finish like 6th, 7th, or 8th in recruiting within the SEC. Tough neighborhood. And if your formula is this Saban/Smart thing of absolutely having better players than your opponent, well it ain't gonna work. At least to suit me.

Here is all I can add, as a UGA fan, who has admired the passion of the Gamecock nation for 45 years.

Think Cubs fans! And when you do finally reach the football promised land - how sweet it will be.

Sorry to be that person, but can we have alumni refer to themselves as an alumnus or alumna? The irony makes me cringe.

Here is all I can add, as a UGA fan, who has admired the passion of the Gamecock nation for 45 years.

Think Cubs fans! And when you do finally reach the football promised land - how sweet it will be.
What a great comment. Hope that happens before we older GC fans move onto GC heaven. Of course if GCs won a FB NC it would be close to heaven for us.:)

Reactions: CullyDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT