ADVERTISEMENT

I've just watched two of the top 5 movies of all time in the past few hours. They are...

If you liked Gymkata, you'll absolutely love Velocipastor.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843303/

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.
It’s on Amazon Prime. Starting it now...

Wow! That movie was a P.O.S! We loved it!!! Somehow the AFI missed this one in their top ____ lists.

Y'all don't even know what you're talking about. Revenge of the Nerds is THE BEST movie ever, so that's just a fact and not worth debating. The other four, in no particular order, are Silver Bullet, Pulp Fiction, the original A Nightmare On Elm Street, and Jurassic Park.
Pulp Fiction is the only movie in this list worth of a top 5 all time mention JMHO. Jurassic Park was perhaps a top five Movie ADAPTED FROM A BOOK though. We mentioned LOTR being up there for that as well in the other thread about LOTR vs Star Wars... But so many movies were books first, this is not as restrictive as I first thought.

Another one that was a great book adaptation was Last of the Mohicans! A classic movie made from a book so old it is written in a form of English that is hard to understand today. I had to get Cliff Notes to read that one!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but Revenge of the Nerds is easily the best movie of all time. I went to sleep watching it last night, and I watched it again today.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I've never seen Caddyshack or Bull Durham, but I did see Animal House on the way back from a football game at Arkansas on a charter bus full of Gamecocks. I think it was either the 1999 or 2001 game. I don't know why people like that movie so much. I didn't think it was that good. I was the only one on the bus that didn't like it.

Now Road House, that's a good movie.

If you didn't like Animal House I seriously question your judgement in movie selections. LOL!

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction is the only movie in this list worth of a top 5 all time mention JMHO. Jurassic Park was perhaps a top five Movie ADAPTED FROM A BOOK though. We mentioned LOTR being up there for that as well in the other thread about LOTR vs Star Wars... But so many movies were books first, this is not as restrictive as I first thought.

Another one that was a great book adaptation was Last of the Mohicans! A classic movie made from a book so old it is written in a form of English that is hard to understand today. I had to get Cliff Notes to read that one!

I wonder how many versions of Last of the Mahicans was ever produced? The last on shot was filmed within a couple of miles of where I live and worked, or at least part of it was.

What are some networks, channels, etc. that carry some of the movies mentioned in this thread? Many of the movies mentioned are movies I would love to see again. And if I can't find them I am going to buy some of them, like Animal House.

Just watched Killer Clowns last week and it was still so bad it was good.

I need to find Something Wicked this Way Comes for some real quality bad 80s movies or maybe even Cloak and Dagger!
Something Wicked this Way Comes is truly frightening. Jason Robards and the two young boys are just terrific. My wife simply refuses to watch it.

My top 5 are (1) The Big Lebowski (2) Raising Arizona (3) Raiders Of The Lost Ark (4) Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (5) Better Off Dead

Something Wicked this Way Comes is truly frightening. Jason Robards and the two young boys are just terrific. My wife simply refuses to watch it.
It's fantastic. My daughter is into that type of coming-of-age horror/fantasy and I've been looking for it on one of the streaming services. I'll probably have to pay for it. But it's worth $4.

...Revenge of the Nerds and Silver Bullet. Anyone else like these two '80s movies? If you say no, you're wrong, and probably hate puppies.
These two movies are two of the best five like Furman and Bethune-Cookman are two of the best five college football programs.

Ah the nerds...
“Pan down, pan down”

Also liked,
Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Top Gun, Lost Boys, Risky Business, Stand By Me, and Die Hard.

Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark should be givens.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Ah the nerds...
“Pan down, pan down”

Also liked,
Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Top Gun, Lost Boys, Risky Business, Stand By Me, and Die Hard.

Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark should be givens.

I've never seen any of those except The Lost Boys, but that is a good movie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT