ADVERTISEMENT

jackie doing his thing...

the-iceman

Jan 30, 2001
Jackie goes 3-5 yesterday and now is batting .421 in his last 7 games (which ranks in the top 15 of all mlb players) and has taken his .100 BA from a couple weeks ago to just over .200. First stretch of consistent hitting at major league level, cool to watch!

Oh, this must be a lie... All the baseball experts on this site said Jackie was a wash out who would never amount to anything at this point in his major league career, he could never get any better after his first PARTIAL season and we'd see him flipping burgers at local Cookout before the playoffs started... So, how could this be true? Must be a fluke. I am sure he paid some pitchers to lob the old hanging straight change at him or something.

I hear ya but pump the brakes a tad. Mike Trout, McCutcheon, just to name a few.

But that catch was unreal.

I hear ya but pump the brakes a tad. Mike Trout, McCutcheon, just to name a few.

But that catch was unreal.
Disagree ,they're better hitters but bradley makes tough catches into cans of corn.

Just blew the game wide open against one of the best pitchers in the game(Kluber) with a 3 run blast. 1-2 so far tonight. Go Jackie go!

Jackie goes 3-5 yesterday and now is batting .421 in his last 7 games (which ranks in the top 15 of all mlb players) and has taken his .100 BA from a couple weeks ago to just over .200. First stretch of consistent hitting at major league level, cool to watch!

He's batting .250 now for the season.

Disagree ,they're better hitters but bradley makes tough catches into cans of corn.

Yeah, putting JBJ in that category is a stretch at this point. I can think of several OFers who are just as good or better with the glove, have better arms, and have consistently performed offense. Jackie is making a lot of great progress, and he's a heck of a defensive player, but let's slow down a bit...

watch

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Those were terrific catches....especially the line drive over his head! To raise his batting average this much, he must not have been getting a lot of at bats for most of the season. Maybe that will change with this hot streak he is on.

Wow what a shot!

Yup, he cleared the Green Monster. Hard to see, even after I replayed it twice. But, looking closely, you can see that the ball hit one of the legs of the light tower above the top of the 'Monster'.

Thanks for the link!!
Yeah, I had a tough time seeing it myself on the laptop. My comment was more in reference to JBJ standing on 2nd thinking it was off the wall.

BTW, he had an RBI triple tonight. His numbers are so good the last couple of weeks that his his slugging % for the season is higher than Ortiz. Hope he keeps it going!

Jackie Bradley Jr. 33 93 19 23 5 3 5 21 49 14 27 1 .247 .345 .527 .872
Batting about .250 with a sluggin % of 527. He has really come around in hitting.

JBJ goes 3-4 today with 2 RBI doubles. Red Sox blew it with a 2 run lead giving up 4 runs in the top of the 9th. In the bottom half JBJ got a leadoff single vs maybe the best reliever in the game(Wade Davis) only to have his teammates go down 1-2-3 right behind him. He's up to .257 on the season. I don't know his slugging % after today but he continues to hit for extra bases. Absolutely killing it this month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT