ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob August. What a pleasant surprise.

Mr CockStrong

Jan 2, 2009
Nice job of getting open, and good catch!

Looking forward to seeing if his blocking progresses and if he can become the next big target TE following in the footsteps of Jared Cook, Wesley Saunders, Justice Cunningham, Rory Anderson, and Jerrel Adams.

The FGF roster says he's from Columbia, but his previous school was Fork Union. Where did he go to high school in Columbia?

Hope you were not one of the posters blasting us last week for having walk on players.

Reactions: bmhood1984
Hope you were not one of the posters blasting us last week for having walk on players.

I was not.

And, while I'm responding, let me be clear about who I am as a poster and a fan.

I am a proud Carolina alum -- BSEE and MBA. I am the ANTI-blast fan. Unless, you count blasting people that put down our University. I have been around this board since the time before it began. The time when it went from Plano's Gamecock web page to the Bailey brothers and USCCocks.com and their split with Rusty Rooster and The Deuce to what is now FGF and Gamecock Central.

I have had both friends and family play and coach at Carolina. So, I know first hand how hard these student-athletes, coaches, and administrators work all year round. The least any "fan" can do is offer support for the athletes and staff during the good times and especially the bad times. They work extremely hard and willingly chose to be at the University of South Carolina.

He is a good kid and good on him but he was wide ass open on that TD. I am more impressed that Nunez made a check down to make the throw.

Again good for him but lets not get carried away here. I dont see him as the second coming of Jason Witten and certainly this is not a testament to the using so many walk on players.

He is a good kid and good on him but he was wide ass open on that TD. I am more impressed that Nunez made a check down to make the throw.

Perhaps the best moment of the game was his reaction to scoring that TD. In that moment, that was one HAPPY kid!!

Reactions: Mr CockStrong

Again good for him but lets not get carried away here. I dont see him as the second coming of Jason Witten and certainly this is not a testament to the using so many walk on players.

I understand what you're saying, and folks should, perhaps, bridle their wild enthusiasm, but on the other hand . . . he coulda DROPPED the pass . . . but, then again . . . he DIDN'T! :)

"He is a good kid and good on him but he was wide ass open on that TD."

I am positive that I said "nice job of getting open". Did I not? Glad you agree.

"Again good for him but lets not get carried away here. I dont see him as the second coming of Jason Witten ..."

You are the only one in this thread that mentioned Jason Witten. Don't try to make this thread into something it's not.

Clay Matthews, JJ Watts and Santana Moss are just three of a long-line of NFL Pro-Bowlers that didn't have major college offers and had to walk-on to make their college teams.
Every great player is not a prima donna and every prima donna is certainly not a great player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT