ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Bentley Stat Tracker

BTMGarnet

Jan 31, 2007
Hey guys, Jake's stat tracker has returned! I've added career totals to the list this time. Enjoy!

Week 1
Comp/Att: 22-29
Yds: 250
TD: 4 INT: 0

Week 2
Comp/Att: 30-47
Yds: 269
TD: 1 INT: 2

Week 4

Comp/Att: 19-28
Yds: 261
TD: 1 INT: 1

Season Totals
Comp/Att: 71-104 (68%)
Yds: 780
TD: 6 INT: 3
TDRF: 6

Career Totals
Comp/Att: 441-688 (64%)
Yds: 4,994
Pass TD: 33 INT: 19
TDRF: 38

Last edited:
Alston, interesting question (and fun thing to track) ... if we had SOS or an OC who was constantly attacking, I would take the OVER even with him being a second year player and the SEC schedule ... with what I have seen of Roper in his one year + one game at USC AND his time at UF, I am definitely taking the under ... however, I certainly hope that I am very wrong ... :p

Life is good - Peace!

Reactions: Brace1
Good thing is I wouldn't expect him to ever get pulled in the case we were lighting up the scoreboard. I really don't care anything about getting the next guy snaps - not this year.
So that might be good for a few extra TD's hopefully

Solid week for Jake, he missed a couple of wheel routes early to Hayden but he was still very effective. Stats are updated in original post.

I would like to see that yardage per game total be above 225 per game to show a true 50/50 run/pass offense. Jake will progress nicely this year.

Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to track this throughout the season. I'll update it after every game. Who's taking the over on 30 TD passes for him this season?

Week 1
Comp/Att: 17-29
Yds: 215
TD: 3 INT: 1

Week 2

Comp/Att: 18-28
Yds: 187
TD: 1 INT: 0

Season Totals
Comp/Att: 35-57
Yds: 402
TD:
3 INT: 1
Should the total TD's be 4?

Alston, interesting question (and fun thing to track) ... if we had SOS or an OC who was constantly attacking, I would take the OVER even with him being a second year player and the SEC schedule ... with what I have seen of Roper in his one year + one game at USC AND his time at UF, I am definitely taking the under ... however, I certainly hope that I am very wrong ... :p

Life is good - Peace!

Here goes the "Roper isn't any good" argument again, albeit more subtle than most, so kudos to that. I don't mean to specifically call you out, yours just happens to be the post that I responded to. However, I disagree. How many points do we need to score for people top not complain about Roper?

Some less intelligent, less informed people might have thought we were too conservative this past week, but it was our game plan to slow things down and eat clock. The coaches basically said as much as that in the week leading up to the game.

In two games we've scored 28 and 25 offensive points against a decent NC State and an improved SEC opponent. 25 points per game in our league is actually pretty good.

Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to track this throughout the season. I'll update it after every game. Who's taking the over on 30 TD passes for him this season?

Week 1
Comp/Att: 17-29
Yds: 215
TD: 3 INT: 1

Week 2

Comp/Att: 18-28
Yds: 187
TD: 1 INT: 0

Season Totals
Comp/Att: 35-57
Yds: 402
TD:
$ INT: 1

I fixed it for you...

Last edited:
After a quick start, Jake struggled for most of the first half only to come out blazing in the second, hitting 14 straight passes at one point. He'll still feel like he missed some critical throws though especially the one rolling to his left to Bryan Edwards in the 4th quarter. He'll need to step up on a whole new level as a player and a leader moving forward with losing his #1 target for the season.

A spirited 4th quarter made up for an otherwise blase performance by the offense. Bryan Edwards may have saved the season with that catch.

Can you break his stats down by halves? It seems like most of his production is coming in the 2nd half of games?

1st Half: 38-64, 470yds, 3TD, 2INT
2nd Half: 43-63, 531yds, 4TD, 2INT

Thanks. Difference over the season hasn't been that pronounced it would seem. Just the last couple of weeks we struggled in the 1st half.

Here goes the "Roper isn't any good" argument again, albeit more subtle than most, so kudos to that. I don't mean to specifically call you out, yours just happens to be the post that I responded to. However, I disagree. How many points do we need to score for people top not complain about Roper?

Some less intelligent, less informed people might have thought we were too conservative this past week, but it was our game plan to slow things down and eat clock. The coaches basically said as much as that in the week leading up to the game.

In two games we've scored 28 and 25 offensive points against a decent NC State and an improved SEC opponent. 25 points per game in our league is actually pretty good.

CockyFerg ... thanks for your constructive response. In terms of Roper, I have been critical (just hardly on any message board) but certainly willing to be patient with first year players last year ... the comment I kept hearing back was "wait until they are seasoned". However, there are play callers across the land who do not wait until these players are "seasoned" (very subjective designation) and attack early on. Heck, do you remember Antonio Heffner? SOS had him attacking and this kid was in NO way a passing QB. My thoughts are not predicated upon one game, but what I have seen from him at UF and 17 games now as USC .... he is very predictable in his runs (between the guards) and look how we use Edwards ... mostly a 6 yard button hook. I could type much more but will refrain but I see you responded to this after two weeks ... have the past two weeks changed your thoughts any? It seems we only pass when we have to do so and only attack when we are trying to catch up ... my humble thoughts and thank you, again, for your kind response. As for points? It is not a matter of how many, but attacking that frustrates me.

Life is good - Peace!

I know that the board is incensed with the play-calling, Roper, etc. but I thought that the biggest issue on Saturday was the OL. Jake played pretty well when he didn't have free blitzers gunning for him. Rico missed a really big blitz pickup late in the 4th that almost got him killed. It's also hard to carry an offense without a consistent running game. I don't think it's all one issue on offense; it's a combination of injuries, play-calling, and OL play.

I think that # of sacks and yards lost to sacks should be included.

CockyFerg ... thanks for your constructive response. In terms of Roper, I have been critical (just hardly on any message board) but certainly willing to be patient with first year players last year ... the comment I kept hearing back was "wait until they are seasoned". However, there are play callers across the land who do not wait until these players are "seasoned" (very subjective designation) and attack early on. Heck, do you remember Antonio Heffner? SOS had him attacking and this kid was in NO way a passing QB. My thoughts are not predicated upon one game, but what I have seen from him at UF and 17 games now as USC .... he is very predictable in his runs (between the guards) and look how we use Edwards ... mostly a 6 yard button hook. I could type much more but will refrain but I see you responded to this after two weeks ... have the past two weeks changed your thoughts any? It seems we only pass when we have to do so and only attack when we are trying to catch up ... my humble thoughts and thank you, again, for your kind response. As for points? It is not a matter of how many, but attacking that frustrates me.

Life is good - Peace!

I have to say, my confidence in ropee is beginning to dwindle side as the season progresses. I think we're scoring some points, but we're not as productive a we should be with or offensive talent. Some points are coming off busted plays each week. According to the espn analysts (I don't usually put too much stock in their opinions) however, our offense is predictable. Any yardage we are getting seems to be because we have good athletes, not because of play calls. I'd love to keep our defensive staff and pick up a pac 12 oc.

In a game where the defense did most of the heavy lifting; Jake overcame a slow start with a very good 2nd quarter and improved his overall TD/INT ratio to 3:1 for the season.

This is looking like a good call. He's right on pace for this.
If he reaches that number, good things will have happened! We still face UF, CU, and Vandy (yes, i think Vandy will play us tough on D), so it's no gimme. And I don't say that to be negative; I'm thinking of the good things and where we will be sitting should he reach that 25 number! :)

Not sure if he gets much versus UG, UF and Clem. He will likely have to load up on Vandy, Wofford.

Last edited:
The running game was impressive in the 2nd half and for once, Jake didn't have to carry the offense this week.

Due to Jake's rushing TD's this weekend I added a new line for Touchdown's Responsible For (TDRF).

My frustration with the play calling, which means Roper, is that it appears to me that we are not calling plays that work enough. Like I don't get why we don't pass to Hurst more. Why we don't run end runs or toss sweeps more (our OLINE is struggling)? Why don't we run more screens with a struggling OLINE? Why throw three incomplete passes and go 3 and out? Throw more 50-50 balls to Edwards, jet sweep with AJ.

I don't know, just seems like we quit trying at times, but I am sitting in a lazy boy and not playing so what do I know?

Gutsy performance by Jake in another game where he was asked to carry a majority of the offense load. A third of his completions were to Hayden Hurst who enjoyed his best game of the season. Maybe we should game plan more for our premiere TE?

Reactions: rogue cock
The best offensive game of the year by USC was marred by some questionable decisions by Jake throughout the game. He'll need take care of the ball a lot better if we're going to win the big games ahead of us.

Great game by Jake. He showed great poise and patience with Wofford dropping 8 defenders on most plays. He completed 78% of his passes on the day even with 5 drops. He is now responsible for 21 TD's on the season with 2 games to play.

1. Wish they would have run Jake earlier in the season. Would have turned the Kentucky and A&M games on their heads. He’s a good runner. Has a burst. Faster than he looks. Bigger than he looks.

2. Wofford gave up all the WR screens, tunnel screens and checkdowns you can want. Jake threw them all pretty well for the most part. But the long was 23 yards. (It was 23 last week as well) That’s a problem for me because our guys should be able to take a well blocked screen or smart check down for a big play against Wofford. We’re not running away from people right now. Only really get big plays on long passes/jump balls. Have to get more after the catch, and that’s been a problem since Deebo went down.

3. He’s still throwing high and late too often.

In 2 games vs. Clemson, Jake Bentley is now 23-46 for 167 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT. The early pick six on Saturday night completely deflated the team and the crowd . . . neither recovered.

Reactions: Cyclone94
1. Wish they would have run Jake earlier in the season. Would have turned the Kentucky and A&M games on their heads. He’s a good runner. Has a burst. Faster than he looks. Bigger than he looks.

2. Wofford gave up all the WR screens, tunnel screens and checkdowns you can want. Jake threw them all pretty well for the most part. But the long was 23 yards. (It was 23 last week as well) That’s a problem for me because our guys should be able to take a well blocked screen or smart check down for a big play against Wofford. We’re not running away from people right now. Only really get big plays on long passes/jump balls. Have to get more after the catch, and that’s been a problem since Deebo went down.

3. He’s still throwing high and late too often.
We do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT have a game changing WR on our roster...... Shi Smith maaaay play on sundays, but he is a true Frosh. Ortre has the size but no speed. Most a poss receiver just like edwards.....We do not have a wr that scares anyone

We do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT have a game changing WR on our roster...... Shi Smith maaaay play on sundays, but he is a true Frosh. Ortre has the size but no speed. Most a poss receiver just like edwards.....We do not have a wr that scares anyone

I have to disagree about some of this. Ortre has plenty of speed for the type of receiver he is. Neither Sydney Rice nor Alshon Jeffrey had breakaway speed, but they have been successful in the NFL. Ortre has the hands and the build to be a solid receiver. I don't think he's been targeted with enough throws this year. When Deebo and Shi are both healthy, we have a VERY good receiving corps.

Reactions: NetworkX
The Outback Bowl MVP bounced back in a huge way in the 2nd half and finished the season with 2,794 yards, completing 62% of his passes and responsible for 24 total TD. I think he can take it up another level in 2018 with the right OC.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT