ADVERTISEMENT

Jake

...wins fb games if he runs the ball and we stick with the run...that's all folks.

Fought hard tonight. Proud of him

Jake was awesome in the 2nd half. Shi should’ve caught that deep ball for a TD that would’ve made the numbers even better. I was so proud to see Jake run through their guys a couple of times tonight. Perhaps they’ve been too cautious with Jake to make sure he doesn’t get hurt. He ran more tonight and ran hard. Threw some beautiful passes in that 2nd half.

I like Jake. Would love nothing more to see him play well for the rest of his career here.

Jake is Conner Shaw tough.....
His deep ball is getting better for sure......
No doubt he gives his all every time out.....

Just wish some of the fans would get of his ass a little bit.

I'm personally "in the Jake camp." So don't take what I'm about to say as negative. If Jake can settle down early / mixed with appropriate play calls that are easy passes to get him going, he'll be fine.....IMHO, he can get rid of the over throws and get a hot hand early. He's certainly not afraid to sling it. Good.

I've had issues with his erratic play, but his standing in the pocket and taking that shot to run that crucial second off the clock was big. Kudos to him.

Reactions: rogue cock
Brantley was close again to being MVP for TENN with his low passes that are so easily batted down at the line by VOL defenders.

Tenn is much improved. I didnt think we had a chance of winning this game without bringimg Scar in at qb

I think if they could find a way to get him settled down early we'd be a much better team with a better record. I don't blame him for the int last night (and several others this year). To me his worst play last night was when he slid right on the line of scrimmage. I think he's a pretty good qb overall.

Boom said during Texas A and M there were at least 8 RPO that should have stayed runs and Jake pulled it and passed. Last night you saw more designed runs. Worked. And Bryan McClendon came down from the Box to settle receivers on the sideline, so that seemed to help also. Bentley was 11/16...that includes a dropped TD pass and the tipped ball, so I’d say that’s pretty good.

I think we all desire better overall QB play. But at least with Jake, I can see he’s giving effort. And unlike Garcia (who was also gutty) I dont have to worry about the rest of the week besides gametime. It could definitely be worse!
Just hope he and the team don’t run their mouths before the tater game. Show up, play hard, and try your best not to take a beating.

Boom said during Texas A and M there were at least 8 RPO that should have stayed runs and Jake pulled it and passed. Last night you saw more designed runs. Worked. And Bryan McClendon came down from the Box to settle receivers on the sideline, so that seemed to help also. Bentley was 11/16...that includes a dropped TD pass and the tipped ball, so I’d say that’s pretty good.

I never like calling the game from the box, I think OC & DC should be on the sideline to get a feel for the game... Let someone one else go up in the box and eat a piece of chicken while watching the game from the rafters...

Good game for Jake. Now it's time for him to build on this. Progression next week and that will maybe get more of crowd supporting him as a starter. Myself included.....

Maybe our OC could come down to the sidelines. And we could get one of those get back guys for him too.

Goodness at how this board changes after he plays one decent 2nd half against who? A terrible Tennessee?

I'm not buying it. We need a qb that plays well for more than just half a game. Even then, he doesn't always show out for even half a game in every game that he's played in...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT