ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Brooks waiver was denied.

From what I have read, he transferred twice this off-season which is what made him ineligible. We needed a waiver for him to be allowed to play. It was denied and we are appealing but who knows when or if the appeal will go through.

From what I have read, he transferred twice this off-season which is what made him ineligible. We needed a waiver for him to be allowed to play. It was denied and we are appealing but who knows when or if the appeal will go through.
This appears to be the issue. He transferred from Wingate to Tarleston State for one semester before transferring to South Carolina.

I think the problem is he transferred twice in one calendar year. He left Wingate for Tarleton State, and then he transferred here. I’ve seen other cases like that, and the players got denied every time. I don’t know how involved he got with their football program, but he did run track at Tarleton.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Anyone got a link to his original recruiting profile? He was originally class of 2018, right?

Ray is nothing more than a cautionary tale at this point. The fact he is still employed in the AD position is exactly why we will never garner respect amongst our peers athletically. Our Trustees are a joke.

Well, now we're stuck. Options:

1) Fire the most successful coach in your school's history
2) Hope he realizes he's not up to the task and voluntarily steps down
3) Live with it b/c you can't do #1

I've long contended that the most ideal situation would be for Caslen to work behind the scenes and convince Ray to accept an ambassador role, like Spurrier has at UF. Then Caslen move to bring in a new AD. Ambassador is really the role he's best suited for and he'd be great at that. Ray saves face. The University saves face. We get a new AD. It's a win for everyone.

That just seems like a no-brainer move to me.

Well, now we're stuck. Options:

1) Fire the most successful coach in your school's history
2) Hope he realizes he's not up to the task and voluntarily steps down
3) Live with it b/c you can't do #1

I've long contended that the most ideal situation would be for Caslen to work behind the scenes and convince Ray to accept an ambassador role, like Spurrier has at UF. Then Caslen move to bring in a new AD. Ambassador is really the role he's best suited for and he'd be great at that. Ray saves face. The University saves face. We get a new AD. It's a win for everyone.

That just seems like a no-brainer move to me.
One single question to ask yourself: Has the best coach in our history performed well in his job as the Athletic Director?

If your answer is marginal to nope, then his status as "the greatest coach in our history" equals nothing.

Reactions: agantt
Complete BS!!! JT Daniel and Cade Mays will both be eligible. Yet Brooks is not.?? I suspect that they will do the same to Joey Gatewood at UK......they're dragging their feet on that decision......Hope he can win the appeal. From what I heard he was pretty impressive in camp.

Has a South Carolina player ever received a waiver. If so, when? If feels like the NCAA has form letter that reads, "South Carolina, the NCAA received your request for a waiver, but the answer is no."

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

Has a South Carolina player ever received a waiver. If so, when? If feels like the NCAA has form letter that reads, "South Carolina, the NCAA received your request for a waiver, but the answer is no."

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

Yes the 2 guys from Clemson, Kinlaw, ect. We just take a lot of transfers it seems. Brooks is an unusual case, he transferred to 2 different schools in a few months time.

Reactions: agantt
Complete BS!!! JT Daniel and Cade Mays will both be eligible. Yet Brooks is not.?? I suspect that they will do the same to Joey Gatewood at UK......they're dragging their feet on that decision......Hope he can win the appeal. From what I heard he was pretty impressive in camp.
JFTR- Cade Mays was cleared by the NCAA but because he is transferring within the same conference and not for a qualified reason (graduation or a post season ban) the SEC has not, and according to the commish’s comments today likely will not, approved his waiver. If it is not approved by Friday when they get on the plane, he will miss this weekend’s game.

I think should probably clarify which “Kinlaw” you’re talking about. Caleb Kinlaw was granted a waiver and basically never played a down here.
Yes the 2 guys from Clemson, Kinlaw, ect. We just take a lot of transfers it seems. Brooks is an unusual case, he transferred to 2 different schools in a few months time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT