ADVERTISEMENT

Jamey Chadwell for new HC??

Wjmfour1

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2019
New young hungry HC with positive upward trend.. unlike Muschump with a decade of mediocrity at best...

Reactions: Brace1
I’m all for it. He is one I truly hope we don’t let get away. He is an offensive coach. and very sharp and inventive. He took NDSU to overtime in the Fargo Dome while at CSU.

Reactions: Brace1
Just be ready for the NCAA to come and rent a condo across from the stadium if we’re dumb enough to hire him.

From North Greenville, to Delta State, and beyond there’s always NCAA Violation. Just wait there will be something at Coastal within the next 12 to 24 months.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Just be ready for the NCAA to come and rent a condo across from the stadium if we’re dumb enough to hire him.

From North Greenville, to Delta State, and beyond there’s always NCAA Violation. Just wait there will be something at Coastal within the next 12 to 24 months.
JR, good info to know. I understand. Personally, I think we can do better. Having said that, don't underestimate Carolina fans' disgust with losing and clemson's success. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Personally, I think we can do better

Yes we can, Billy Napier, Louisiana Lafayette, just beat Iowa State 31-14, former Clemson Assistant which is a turn off for some, but has a vendetta against Clemson on Dabo for firing him, which a turn on for me. I have been saying to watch this guy for some time, he can coach. Will the timing work? Probably not, he will probably get a big job before we come to market. That's just the Gamecock luck.

Yes we can, Billy Napier, Louisiana Lafayette, just beat Iowa State 31-14, former Clemson Assistant which is a turn off for some, but has a vendetta against Clemson on Dabo for firing him, which a turn on for me. I have been saying to watch this guy for some time, he can coach. Will the timing work? Probably not, he will probably get a big job before we come to market. That's just the Gamecock luck.
I'm with you. Billy Napier can coach, recruit, is offensive-mined and young. He has Georgia, as well as South Carolina connections. If Muschamp falls on his face this season, I hope he is at the top of Tanner's list.

I'm with you. Billy Napier can coach, recruit, is offensive-mined and young. He has Georgia, as well as South Carolina connections. If Muschamp falls on his face this season, I hope he is at the top of Tanner's list.

I’m still naively holding out hope for a Muschamp turn around and a successful 2020. I get suckered into being positive just before the season begins each year. There’s always hope, right?

However, hypothetically speaking if USC is in need of a new coach after this season, I would much rather take a chance on a young head coach who has proven he can win at the G5 level instead of a washed-up HC with “SEC experience“. Saban didn’t have SEC experience, until he did. Plus Napier did work at Bama for Saban.

Put me down for Napier. too. Having said that, I want Muschamp to win here. I question, though, how much autonomy he will give Bobo. Prove me wrong, Muschamp.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I hope Muschamp works out as well and if he does its a good chance its because of Bobo's addition, their has to be a x factor, and I think these 2 guys get 2 years here unless the wheels completely fall off

There is a lot of opportunities for upsets this year given no real road games, so hopefully we surprise some and have a better then expected season and get some mojo rolling

So if Muschamp tanks this year we’re still stuck with him for at least another year . Here’s a name ... how about Joe Brady . The panthers are gonna be awful but if he puts up big offensive numbers the next few years he might be worth a shot . I think he would jump for a HC job at an SEC school

So if Muschamp tanks this year we’re still stuck with him for at least another year . Here’s a name ... how about Joe Brady . The panthers are gonna be awful but if he puts up big offensive numbers the next few years he might be worth a shot . I think he would jump for a HC job at an SEC school

An intriguing option, should this need arise. I do think he would be a riskier choice since he’s never been a HC and we would have no idea about his leadership and organizational skills before handing him the reigns to a $70M+ program.

Come on folks. I think he is probably a decent coach, but he has won one game of consequence. Against Kansas. Probably the worst Power 5 team in the country year after year. I guess a lot of folks just don't think we can get is a guy nobody else has a clue about.

Come on folks. I think he is probably a decent coach, but he has won one game of consequence. Against Kansas. Probably the worst Power 5 team in the country year after year. I guess a lot of folks just don't think we can get is a guy nobody else has a clue about.
True, This is his 3rd season and won his division in both seasons, including 11 wins last year, We will see how he does the rest of the year. But undoubtedly, he appears to be in an upward trajectory. If he continues to win, some Power 5 school will hire him after this season. We have no opening. But if Tennessee beats us at home in the opener, there will be talk. And I believe his name will prominently come up should Muschamp trip up. The fact that he has coached in this state, is from Georgia, is offensive-minded and young, would make him a prime candidate.

Considering that giant killer of a coach we have...lol

I think Kansas wouldn’t have been an easy win for us last year. We were dreadful.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
What if we were FSU and paid big bucks to buyout Taggart last year? Is Norvell any better? Too, soon to tell but it sure didn't look good Saturday with FSU's talent on defense. FSU should have won that game.

Reactions: cocks rule
Hire whomever will provide a test to Clemson. Their mansion of a program sits in a run down mill village. They play most of the roster every week which rests the starters and prepares the youngsters. It’s the best gig in CFB. If Dabo stays we will be neighbors with the most dominant program in CFB history. Let that sink in!
But will still be told by some it can’t be done here.
It’s past time to get serious about football.

True, This is his 3rd season and won his division in both seasons, including 11 wins last year, We will see how he does the rest of the year. But undoubtedly, he appears to be in an upward trajectory. If he continues to win, some Power 5 school will hire him after this season. We have no opening. But if Tennessee beats us at home in the opener, there will be talk. And I believe his name will prominently come up should Muschamp trip up. The fact that he has coached in this state, is from Georgia, is offensive-minded and young, would make him a prime candidate.

Muschamp should be in a win or be gone season but the financial strain of Coronavirus combined with the insane buyout almost guarantees another 2-3 years before action is taken.

Hopefully he wins his way out of it.
I believe in order to make money available for the new assistants, Muschamp agreed to a reduction in his buyout. Could be wrong but, that's what I heard.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Hire whomever will provide a test to Clemson. Their mansion of a program sits in a run down mill village. They play most of the roster every week which rests the starters and prepares the youngsters. It’s the best gig in CFB. If Dabo stays we will be neighbors with the most dominant program in CFB history. Let that sink in!
But will still be told by some it can’t be done here.
It’s past time to get serious about football.
Spurrier proved you can win in football at SC. Sure, no national championship. But 3 straight TOP 10 finishes including #4 in the nation is not shabby. We can win big in football at SC, with a talented Head Coach.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I believe in order to make money available for the new assistants, Muschamp agreed to a reduction in his buyout. Could be wrong but, that's what I heard.

It’s lower but with Covid hitting the budgets and sports programs being in danger of being cut, there’s no way we buy a coach out. He could go 0-10 and return.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
He is 9-16 as a Hc at Coastal. 9-16... Oh but he won some a Charleston Southern?
“In 2018, the NCAA released a detailed report concerning numerous NCAA violations that occurred during Chadwell’s tenure as the CSU head football coach. The violations ranged from using multiple ineligible players to player’s using scholarship funds to purchase electronics and jewelry from the campus book store. Ultimately, the NCAA sanctions vacated 18 wins from the 2014 and 2015 seasons and the 2015 Big South Championship. Also vacated were three wins over crosstown rival The Citadel, games during which CSU used ineligible players.”

...what am I missing about this guy that says he is a rising star and ready to move up the ladder to an SEC school? 🤔

In the simplest of terms, in the most convenient of definitions - his name is not Will Muschamp.
That appears to be enough for some people.
So true... I am surprised at this point nobody has mentioned that their left shoe is out of a job and should be near the top of our list of candidates to replace our coach- who is in virtually ZERO danger of being fired rn.

It is fun to talk about potential options i suppose but in the face of a pandemic projected to cost our athletic department almost $50 million.. we won’t be buying out ANY contracts in the near future!

honestly.. Maybe this hit to revenue will have a positive effect on somethings in sports. It is likely to reduce salary caps in pro leagues with caps... and it should encourage some additional longevity with coachinng stays at the college level as people cannot afford to keep hiring and firing at that frenetic pace we have seen accelerating lately- additionally they may be a bit more fiscally responsible about the SIZE of contracts given to hires near term as well. The speed at which things have been accelerating on this front is frightening TBH and could financially cripple schools if it keeps up!

Spurrier proved you can win in football at SC. Sure, no national championship. But 3 straight TOP 10 finishes including #4 in the nation is not shabby. We can win big in football at SC, with a talented Head Coach.
and lets not forget how many years it took sos to get there. also if we had the schedule he had those years we would definitely do better. clemson,uga,uf, ut,uk and a&m are all better teams than they were then, most of them substantially better and sos would not have won 11 games with the same team last year without a doubt

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Post like this makes me embarrassed sometimes to be a Gamecock. We haven't even started the season yet and already threads galore about our next head coach. Smh

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT