ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Lorenzen weighing over 500 lbs. Holy Cow.

• Thread starter anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
  • Start date
A

anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7

No pun intended.

"During his playing days at Kentucky, quarterback Jared Lorenzen was listed around 260 pounds. That figure was around 280 pounds by the time his five-year NFL career came to a close in 2008 and then bumped up to 320 when he played for a few indoor football teams a few years back.

The whole time, though, Lorenzen’s weight was higher than he even knew — something he admitted in a 2014 ESPN The Magazine story. That was because he didn’t step on a scale in the eight years after he was cut by the Indianapolis Colts. And when he did, the figure shocked him: 502.8 pounds."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/weighi...ches-project-get-healthy-video-170751146.html

gvn6dvbo1.1

This is no lie a pic of him from his recent stint in the arena league...

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Seems hard to believe that no trainers or coaches were asking him to stand on a scale. And, how can you almost double your weight and then be shocked ?
When you sign Jared Lorenzen you don't give a damn what the # on the scale says, just what the TDs and yards are I would think

Reactions: 1977 Cat
I'd sign him if I had a crappy O Line. How many defensive linemen would it take to bring him down? And he had a sweet stroke with that arm. Except for that 2003 Florida game where he threw the worst interception of the year.

Well, since we're talking about Kentucky football...there's a book out now about Hal Mumme.

32920216.jpg

Gwynne has written two outstanding books previously -- one about Stonewall Jackson and another about the last, great Comanche chief -- so I thought it was worth a read. It was a disappointing. He couldn't convince me that Hal Mumme is a genius because I watched the clown show that was Kentucky football while he coached there. Mumme's teams were entertaining, as clown shows often are, but they weren't well coached. Thumbs down.

I was actually impressed at how athletic he was for his size . He could actually move and make plays . I do remember him absolutely cockroaching a DB on a reverse block against UGA I think .

Believe it or not he was a dandy basketball player in HS. He teamed with Derek Smith, who was his TE at UK, and the lost a game to DeMatha HS by a single point 54-53, and Dematha had Keith Bogans and Joe Forte, played in Washington DC.

Your family genetics plays so much into this.

That is not to say you have to take responsibility and et clean, exercise moderately and take care of yourself.

36 years old and 500 pounds? Now is the time to take control!

Don't see many 60 year old 500 lb. folks walking around. Better start getting to a reasonable weight.

Maybe he should be a patient on "My 600 lb. Life."

Well, since we're talking about Kentucky football...there's a book out now about Hal Mumme.

32920216.jpg

Gwynne has written two outstanding books previously -- one about Stonewall Jackson and another about the last, great Comanche chief -- so I thought it was worth a read. It was a disappointing. He couldn't convince me that Hal Mumme is a genius because I watched the clown show that was Kentucky football while he coached there. Mumme's teams were entertaining, as clown shows often are, but they weren't well coached. Thumbs down.
Maybe he didn't have talent. I liked having him their, he was a character. Just like Ed O and Les.

32920216.jpg

Well, many of today's modern day offenses are directly influenced by what Mumme and Leach did at Kentucky.

As for great Lorenzen nicknames, nothing beats Fatass from the Bluegrass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT