ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Philips will be dizzy tomorrow...

Unless Tyler Johnson's arm falls off on the plane ride back, even Jay can't spin this one. I have said all year just let the season play out and then see where we are. Today, the season played out. Barring us winning the SEC tourney, I don't think we can get to a regional. That would be two out of three years of no regional play. That's enough.

You best believe Heath Cline will have a hot take tomorrow...about Mark Emmert or Roger Goodall. Gamecock baseball, not so much.

You best believe Heath Cline will have a hot take tomorrow...about Mark Emmert or Roger Goodall. Gamecock baseball, not so much.

Cline is in very good standing with the USC Administrtion. He doesn't bad mouth anything associated with the university - a rarity among long standing Columbia media personalities - along with Rick Henry as well. However, he'd be hard pressed, at this point, to apologize for Chad, as would a room full of top notch Philadelphia lawyers!

Reactions: DarkCock
laz1abyzem5ssjr7xsy7.gif

Jay Phillips, don't say y'all so much. I'm a southerner and I say it in conversation too but it just sounds dumb on the radio.

"Now, again y'all..."

from all the spinning he will do.
"South Carolina is still a darn good baseball team y'all." "Chad Holbrook hasn't just forgotten how to coach." Etc, etc.

Add Brent Johnson to the list as well...

Yeah, and that's disappointing. I really used to enjoy Brent when he was on with George Kearns in the morning. But during the lunch show, he's so big of an apologist that it's unlistenable. He does a great Bagdad Bob impersonation.

Reactions: coolcock2001
You guys must listen to a different show. All I've heard Jay say all year is that a decision shouldn't be made until after the season is over. Is he a Chad supporter, yeah, but I heard him even say last week that if the team doesn't make NCAA Tournament, Coach Tanner will have a tough decision to make. He has said repeatedly that he would not call for a coach's head while a season is still playing out. Some folks just hear what they want to hear I guess.

Reactions: viennacocks
If you want to hear honest takes by Gamecock Radio personalities stop listening to 107.5.

Ryan Clary on Fox Sports Spartanburg has been highly critical of Holbrook. He comes on 3-6.

Matt Barber, who was on 560, now does a daily podcast and has been ripping Holbrook and the local media to shreds on his shows

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Whoa man put those pics in a spoiler. I don't like to know what my radio personalities look like. I will never google Scott Farrell from the national show; always want him to just be a voice for me

LOL!

Whoa man put those pics in a spoiler. I don't like to know what my radio personalities look like. I will never google Scott Farrell from the national show; always want him to just be a voice for me
This made me curious, so I googled Farrel. He looks exactly like I expected him to look: sort of like Jackie Earle Haley

"I think this is a good baseball team, and yet they cannot win games." He actually said that, or something very similar. My Lord.

Reactions: 92Pony
Doesn't that mean "we have a lot of talent, but not very good coaching..."?
All I meant was they need to tell it like it is. There's no need to sugarcoat it. You could interpret that way but if it came from local sports media then they're probably not calling out Chad. When or if that happens, then you know he's toast.

He said something also that we were a better team cause we had a bunch of 1 run losses. To me a loss is a loss, by 1 or 20.

Yea but he is.....the "father of four daughters" and he asks people to "give us a sense" of what he is about to "digress" from while Tommy comes up with 1953 trivia questions.
This post "speaks volumes."

(Who am I now?)

He said something also that we were a better team cause we had a bunch of 1 run losses. To me a loss is a loss, by 1 or 20.
I recognize that there is a big difference between losing by 1 and losing by 20. Of course, you are correct in that both are losses. I guess the announcers point is that the team is "competitive" in their losses.

My problem with him acting like this is some sort of accomplishment is: South Carolina baseball is supposed to be nationally competitive, not calling for moral victories after losing 2 games by a run or two to Missouri.

Reactions: rogue cock
My problem with him acting like this is some sort of accomplishment is: South Carolina baseball is supposed to be nationally competitive, not calling for moral victories after losing 2 games by a run or two to Missouri.
I think the logic goes that you're not planning to stay stuck there, but to progress from losing close to winning.

I think the logic goes that you're not planning to stay stuck there, but to progress from losing close to winning.
Yeah, but if he want to complete the equation, he means: we were great when Holbrook took over. He's gone way, way backwards to the point that we are a competitive LOSING team...but that means we will win again.

A million monkeys banging on a million typewriters for a million years would eventually reproduce Shakespeare.
True but I would consider Holbrook's baseball prowess to be considerably above the writing prowess of a monkey. He has decades of experience in the game and has drawn six figure salaries from top D1 baseball programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT