ADVERTISEMENT

JBJ 103 mph assist

He has a hose, but i still think Marcus Mcbeth had the best arm of any outfielder that has been to USC.

He has a hose, but i still think Marcus Mcbeth had the best arm of any outfielder that has been to USC.
Macbeth had a great arm, but not sure it was better than JBJ. I remember seeing JBJ catching a fly in deep RF as a freshman and a runner at 2nd tagged up and went to 3rd. JBJ threw the ball on a line over the 3rd baseman’s head that was way ahead of the runner. I thought DAMN!
Don’t forget Michael Campbell, I think he still holds the record at Carolina for outfield assists. Jon Coutlangus also had a gun in CF while at Carolina.

now if only he could consistently hit more than his weight...still hoping, but hope is fading

Re: Mcbeth: Ray Tanner went to see a high sch. game while scouting Mcbeth. Marcus was not impressive at all and Ray called Jim Toman (who had seen Mcbeth earlier) to share his frustration. Toman talked Ray into sticking with Marcus, saying he just needed better coaching. Ray took Jim's advise and things certainly worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT