ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh is a flat-out stand-up man

AltoonaSteve

Silver Member
Nov 22, 2021
He and his wife have committed to distributing all bonus money he earns this season to athletic department staffers who took voluntary or mandatory cuts during covid. As of right now, His bonus stands at $500,000 but it could push close to $2 million once all is said and down.

That's downright classy.

Harbaugh took shots at the SEC and is quirky…so people hate him. But he’s a hell of a football coach and I like the guy. His big downfall was not beating Ohio State, yet few teams in America did the past 6 years. Give home credit, he overcame them…something I believe most coaches wouldn’t have been able to do in that rivalry.

This only makes me like him more as a coach.

Harbaugh rubs me the wrong way, but this is pretty cool. Michigan probably should be undefeated right now. I watched that Michigan State game, and it was clear Michigan was the better team, but if you let a good team like Michigan State keep hanging around, bad things can happen.

Think Saban would share? He seems like the greedy type....
to me Saban doesn’t seem as greedy as he just comes off as someone who wouldn’t even consider the thought.

But I’m sure Saban has done many kind things, as a lot of Head Coaches have.

Harbaugh is a really weird dude - but seems to be a good dude as well. He also negotiated an extension recently where he actually lowered his buyout to a reasonable number (not tied to years/salary, but just a base price that reduces each year), making it easier to fire him if he didn't get the job done. He put his money where his mouth was, and came through.

he and is wife have built a home for someone each time they won a title. That’s pretty commendable.
Commendable for sure. Wouldnt downplay that one bit. Gotta love the spontaneity of what Harbaugh is doing tho. Saban doesnt strike me as a spontaneous kinda guy.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Commendable for sure. Wouldnt downplay that one bit. Gotta love the spontaneity of what Harbaugh is doing tho. Saban doesnt strike me as a spontaneous kinda guy.

What?!? Saban is spontaneous. In fact, one morning he put seven blueberries in his oatmeal instead of six. He showed his wife and they both had a big laugh about it!

(But then he took out the extra blueberry before eating it.)

Harbaugh is a really weird dude - but seems to be a good dude as well. He also negotiated an extension recently where he actually lowered his buyout to a reasonable number (not tied to years/salary, but just a base price that reduces each year), making it easier to fire him if he didn't get the job done. He put his money where his mouth was, and came through.
As much as I detest Meatchigan, I agree that Harbaugh is a good person. What he did with his bonus is commendable.

What?!? Saban is spontaneous. In fact, one morning he put seven blueberries in his oatmeal instead of six. He showed his wife and they both had a big laugh about it!

(But then he took out the extra blueberry before eating it.)
He's not still eating his little debbie cake and banana every morning?

Very classy and generous move by Harbaugh. College Head Coaches' compensation is now on par with corporate executive officers. There is a point where Head Coaches will have enough money for their grandchildren and beyond. So why not donate this money to others who can benefit from it?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
to me Saban doesn’t seem as greedy as he just comes off as someone who wouldn’t even consider the thought.

But I’m sure Saban has done many kind things, as a lot of Head Coaches have.

My buddy worked as a staffer /analyst under Saban and said he’s a real nice dude …. Outside of work . He said that he is definitely a hard ass and perfectionist and working under him can be a real challenge but in normal life he’s a totally normal dude . My buddy was actually on the boat when it ran out of gas a few years ago . He has nothing but great things to say about Saban . He did say Lane was a prick when he was there but he also said he’s a X&O’s genius and the offensive players loved him . He also said the rumors about Lane and one of Saban’s daughters was absolute BS . Lane was a bit of a player but there was absolutely no truth to that rumor .

Reactions: Gradstudent
It’s very commendable of him to do this. I was at the Outback Bowl in 2018, and their fans sonofabitched and mf’ed him throughout the entire game. Most of them in our section were gone by the end of the Gamecock win. I wonder how they feel about him after the win against the suckeyes last week. Make no mistake; I’m pulling for Iowa tomorrow, but Jim Harbaugh is a classy guy in my opinion.

He’s saved at least two. The Michigan football program. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I was being more literal than that. He's connected with Michigan. He attended Michigan. I detest anything or anyone associated with Michigan. He'd have to reverse 9/11 to get any kudos from me.

He did a good thing for Marcus Lattimore. Got him paid.
If he had stayed in San Francisco AND heeled Marcus' knees, I would have lauded him - because in that case, they wouldn't be exalting him today for anything current connected with Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT