ADVERTISEMENT

JMHO, But it looks like......

uscalumni

Sep 2, 2001
Aiken, SC
Beamer is more fan friendly than Muschamp ever thought about being. I do not ever remember Muschamp allowing coaches to be mic'd up or allowing staff or players to give interviews to the press (If this were the case I missed it). This is very refreshing and I think this type of culture could allow all players and coaches on the team to be more accountable to Gamecock fans. I could view this as Beamer spreading responsibility of competing and winning to the entire team. I do not think this change in culture is automatic in changing the performance of the team in the first year, but it is a nice change none the less. As a diehard Gamecock fan, I hope we have something to cheer about in the very near future. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI

Sounds like he has assistants he is proud to have, value their input, has faith in them and are all on the same page or at least want to be.
IDK if there was anything close to that kind of atmosphere when Muschamp was here. Refreshing for sure.

Sounds like he has assistants he is proud to have, value their input, has faith in them and are all on the same page or at least want to be.
IDK if there was anything close to that kind of atmosphere when Muschamp was here. Refreshing for sure.
I always felt like Muschamp was like the little engine that couldn't. He always expended energy, but lacked focus and direction. He absolutely micromanaged the hell out of his assistant coaches and it showed.

Muschamp rarely let other coaches and never let freshmen players talk to the media- Beamer seems to have no limits on it. He did not allow much coverage at ll for practices and scrimmages, Beamer has literally had full camera crews recording most of them, and I feel confident if not for covid, he would allow fans into some practices to watch like Spurrier used to do- which was a tremendously exciting time for me personally!

All in all, it is a whole different mind set than what WM had, and a different vibe about the program. It is no guarantee of success but the response from players, recruits, media members and local coaches has been tremendously positive! At the very least with this hire you cannot accuse our admin of “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Perhaps there is some sanity behind how we run things after all .

Anyone know when football pre season magazines are coming out? I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day and saw a college football Sporting News magazine from a distance. Went to pick it up and saw it was for the 2020 season. Damn!!!

Beamer is more fan friendly than Muschamp ever thought about being. I do not ever remember Muschamp allowing coaches to be mic'd up or allowing staff or players to give interviews to the press (If this were the case I missed it). This is very refreshing and I think this type of culture could allow all players and coaches on the team to be more accountable to Gamecock fans. I could view this as Beamer spreading responsibility of competing and winning to the entire team. I do not think this change in culture is automatic in changing the performance of the team in the first year, but it is a nice change none the less. As a diehard Gamecock fan, I hope we have something to cheer about in the very near future. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI
I don’t think anyone ever expected Muschamp to be friendly. If they did I could have saved them the trouble of disappointment and told them he was anything but friendly. Crazy? He’s got that in spades.

Muschamp literally could not get out of his own way. He is too stubborn to be an effective head coach. It should never happen again.

Muschamp rarely let other coaches and never let freshmen players talk to the media- Beamer seems to have no limits on it. He did not allow much coverage at ll for practices and scrimmages, Beamer has literally had full camera crews recording most of them, and I feel confident if not for covid, he would allow fans into some practices to watch like Spurrier used to do- which was a tremendously exciting time for me personally!

All in all, it is a whole different mind set than what WM had, and a different vibe about the program. It is no guarantee of success but the response from players, recruits, media members and local coaches has been tremendously positive! At the very least with this hire you cannot accuse our admin of “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Perhaps there is some sanity behind how we run things after all .
Muschamp was mimicing his mentor, Nick Saban, in his policies. He didn't win like Saban, unfortunately. And if Beamer doesn't win, it won't matter if Beamer is more open and fan-friendly.

Results on the field are what matters.

Muschamp was mimicing his mentor, Nick Saban, in his policies. He didn't win like Saban, unfortunately. And if Beamer doesn't win, it won't matter if Beamer is more open and fan-friendly.

that’s true, but we can all dream of sugar plums before the season can’t we?

Reactions: DarkCock
Beamer has to be fan friendly. He is inexperienced and has a lot of doubters. If he came in here with a big ego he would not win over many. Muschamp had a lot more experience as a HC and leading big time defenses. Beamer has never come close to having this kind of job and is smart to be fan friendly.

If his last name wasnt Beamer, Shane would be a complete unknown to 99% of CFB fans

Certainly, all of that is true and I never insinuated otherwise. Winning is what matters, and as I said Beamer’s different allroach “does not guarantee success”.

Muschamp had many “mentors” though, and it is unfortunate he seemed to have only adapted the worst traits from all of them, including his mostly salty attitude. He did not adapt Saban’s ability to adapt to a changing game, or his inspiring leadership. He did not adapt Mac Brown’s amiable personality and ability to hire capable assistants and rely on them to do their jobs. Muschamp seemed to be rigid and hard to work with, and he did not seem to focus on the player qualities that can build a winner at a school like this. Talent is the A#1 most important thing when it comes to recruiting, but passion/dedication is a close second. He focused on getting guys with an NFL skill set and never seemed to care if the players wanted to be here or had any passion for SC. He just sold the “I will get you to the NFL” story, not the “let’s do something nobody has ever accomplished at SC” story. That story does not speak to Every good player, but the ones it does speak to are the kind we need here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT