ADVERTISEMENT

JMHO here in regards to Bobo...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
Personally, I'm glad he's gone! In all honesty, the decision in regards to Shane retaining Bobo was the one thing that I did not agree with in regards to such being a good decision. Fact is, Mike Bobo is simply NOT a Gamecock!! Obviously, his personal interests are elsewhere/anywhere so as to make more money and to do so from an easier basepoint than from a place that lacks his personal care and desire for success to occur here!! I honestly do not believe that Mike Bobo actually would like to see The University of South Carolina to actually obtain success and to do with his professional assistance.

To get to point, I honestly believe that the things that have occurred within the last 24 hours are by ALL MEANS the best possible scenario in regards to Beamers self-desired 'Dream Job' to be our Head Football Coach, and to successfully change our program back not to just the level of success that we deserve and desire, but to achieve such on a long-term timeframe and for Shane to become the most successful football coach in our program's history!!!

Why I totally understand everyone's desire for Shane to get it all together ASAP as of the day he was hired, I do believe that however long it takes for him to get together the very best group of assistant coaches as is/are possible is the best long and short term scenario as far as getting our program back to where it belongs and away from the Muschamp disaster! Besides, all we can do is chill and let it all fall into place as opposed to b_itchin' and whinin' in multiple threads here within a free and publicly accessable discussion forum!! Hail, people like Phil Kornblut seem to focus on the contents of public forums such as this one in regards to what he "tunes" his show to!

At any rate, let's see how things ultimately fall into place as far as who our next OC is gonna be besides screaming and crying about Mike Bobo! Let's see what we gonna see before we start condemning Shane even before the first day of his first spring practice as our Head coach!! It ain't all decided yet folks, so let's let it all fall into place before some of y'all proclaim this as just another Ray Tanner failure!

Chill. It ain't all done yet!!

Later!!

My biggest concern is how do you approach any legitimate potential OC when you basically told them they weren’t good enough to beat out in incumbent OC of a 2-8 team . We will be dumpster diving for an OC DC and OL coach . Not a good way to start

Great points Gaimcock, agreed! Everyone should be happy based on wanting to rid of Muschamp group. I’m excited we can be creative & leverage current coaching staff’s relationships with new coaches..

My biggest concern is how do you approach any legitimate potential OC when you basically told them they weren’t good enough to beat out in incumbent OC of a 2-8 team . We will be dumpster diving for an OC DC and OL coach . Not a good way to start
But that is an assumption, I would think now would be the perfect opportunity to get a young OC that wants to prove himself.

That is a ridiculous take and not how coaches think at all fortunately.

Not that I totally disagree, but Auburn thought enough of Bobo to give him more money to leave us.

I don't think Bobo and Beamer were quite on the same page, offensively speaking. I also don't think Hilinski was super excited to play in Beamer's offensive scheme.

1. I'm fine he left, but he coulda done it before he ran off Hilinski
2. You bought the "dream job" narrative?
Yes... the same dream job narrative where he slipped up and flat out said his dream job was VA Tech at his introduction presser. It was a bad omen, I tells ya.

ADVERTISEMENT