ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burch is gone; In the portal; Yall better pay up

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
We just lost another one and its a big one, Jordan Burch. Rumor is Oregon with the cash $$$$. Yall better start buying autographs for $5,000 from all these players or get used to being .500 or worse forever. Everyone who advocated for immediate eligibility transfer rules and paying the players “a little money for a pizza on date night” still on board?

Nike, errr, I mean, Oregon, is about to nab 5-star phenom Nycholas Harbour from us also. Hes crystal ball as a Gamecock next season, deciding next month, and he just scheduled a visit to Oregon the week before. He i$ a$ good a$ gone

We just lost another one and its a big one, Jordan Burch. Rumor is Oregon with the cash $$$$. Yall better start buying autographs for $5,000 from all these players or get used to being .500 or worse forever. Everyone who advocated for immediate eligibility transfer rules and paying the players “a little money for a pizza on date night” still on board?

Nike, errr, I mean, Oregon, is about to nab 5-star phenom Nycholas Harbour from us also. Hes crystal ball as a Gamecock next season, deciding next month, and he just scheduled a visit to Oregon the week before. He i$ a$ good a$ gone

This year may be peak Beamer. It takes talent to win and we aren't attracting it and certainly are not retaining it. If our business school is so great, why isn't it producing more billionaires.

This year may be peak Beamer. It takes talent to win and we aren't attracting it and certainly are not retaining it. If our business school is so great, why isn't it producing more billionaires.

I hope its not. Beamer is tied w Muschamp for wins after 2 seasons.

But this new era may be something no coach can win with in Columbia. We arent a blue blood, and we arent a fan base w boosters that will make players rich. Our in state stars like Clowney and Lattimore, will never sign here again when theres so much cash blatantly on the table.

• Angry
Reactions: pshelley
Yep. The new reality is setting in. Our fan base better open our wallets or lower expectations

In one of Harbor's interviews, he said he wanted to play tight end and not have to gain weight so he can still run track. since we have about 5 TE coming in, coming here may not be realistic.

In one of Harbor's interviews, he said he wanted to play tight end and not have to gain weight so he can still run track. since we have about 5 TE coming in, coming here may not be realistic.
Yep. And the Pac12 generally isnt as big/physical as the SEC/Big10. Hes going to Oregon.

These kids that are leaving truthfully could care less about The University of South Carolina… They are chasing the money which really is okay with me and I don’t blame them. However, College football is forever changed and unless something is done about the free agency going on, it may, down the road be the straw that breaks the camels back for college athletics. I guess I’m old school and want these kids to play for the love of the school and the game but for most that’s over. I for one would never give kids money to play football and quite frankly I’m baffled why anyone would. What’s there to gain for doing so, what are they hoping to accomplish? A National Title? Really!
So down the road we have choices, continue watching or turn the channel.

Yall open your wallets!!! Sell the boat. Cancel that week in Myrtle. That $$ goes to the players now OR we accept losing. Which is it?

It’s pretty out there that Bell left because of Beamer’s refusal to make changes on the offense.
If we the fans had ponied up a couple million $$$ I bet Bell is still a Gamecock. Its OUR FAULT this is happening. We have to embrace the new era. College football is now 100% about who can put the most $$$ in the pockets of the best players for 3 years.

We can sell the jet skis and boat. Cancel the summer week in Myrtle. Skip the Saturday golf days. Sell the guns. Whatever. And put all our spare cash into an NIL collective, or just pay players for an autograph, OR….accept seasons of 5/6 wins max.

Better yet offer the kids from North and South Dakota St… these kids love the game and just want to prove themselves on a bigger stage

If we the fans had ponied up a couple million $$$ I bet Bell is still a Gamecock. Its OUR FAULT this is happening. We have to embrace the new era. College football is now 100% about who can put the most $$$ in the pockets of the best players for 3 years.

We can sell the jet skis and boat. Cancel the summer week in Myrtle. Skip the Saturday golf days. Sell the guns. Whatever. And put all our spare cash into an NIL collective, or just pay players for an autograph, OR….accept seasons of 5/6 wins max.

LOL! I’m not selling my boat for some kid to play football and not enjoy my life……

Fuq that

Yall open your wallets!!! Sell the boat. Cancel that week in Myrtle. That $$ goes to the players now OR we accept losing. Which is it?
I accept losing. I won’t sell my house, boats, cars and other. My life is fine with or without. Matter of fact I can free up about $4,000 by not contributing to this mess next year. Be been hanging on a thread for a while. NIL will push me over the edge.

The jokes on people that open up their wallet in an attempt to buy a winner... in a college sport at that
How stupid can you be as the players and coaches laugh at you all the way to the bank?

I’ve always wondered how the big boosters were content with our lack of success. The amount of money they’re being asked for now in NIL would be even more sickening.

Even worse when we start asking about Beamer’s buyout in 2 years.

Reactions: Cybercock

LOL! I’m not selling my boat for some kid to play football and not enjoy my life……

Fuq that
Cool. Welp we’ll be 6-6 every year if our fan base doesnt pony up the cash. Remember we’re a small state and we share it with Clemson, and their fans are gonna buy recruits in-state also. If we were the only power 5!team in the state like Nebraska, LSU or Ohio State, we wouldnt need to do it. But we arent

The jokes on people that open up their wallet in an attempt to buy a winner... in a college sport at that
How stupid can you be as the players and coaches laugh at you all the way to the bank?
True. But fans in other states sure as hell are gonna do it. We dont have a Nike CEO as a booster. Or lots of deeply loyal billionaires, celebrities or anything like that. We have about half of a small state worth of fans. Business owners, donors, etc And if we ever wanna win the SEC in THIS era, hell, take out some loans and give the $$$$ to a Gamecock starter before he bails haha

Cool. Welp we’ll be 6-6 every year if our fan base doesnt pony up the cash. Remember we’re a small state and we share it with Clemson, and their fans are gonna buy recruits in-state also. If we were the only power 5!team in the state like Nebraska, LSU or Ohio State, we wouldnt need to do it. But we arent

So we will be 6-6 and have spending money and they will be 12-0 and eating Ramon noodles.
Is it that important ??

I cant count the times in the last couple of decades I've heard "if we only spend more money...".
Lol... and we still get mediocre results. But let me guess, it will really work this time.
Hope yall enjoy paying for player's loyalty tho. Hard pass from me. But the day it looks like an investment that will pay dividends is the day might consider it.

They will always be outbid by some moneybags guy somewhere who will pay any price for top players.

They will always be outbid by some moneybags guy somewhere who will pay any price for top players.

Yeah, the little guys will never fund the NIL like one obsessed billionaire can. The NIke guy keeps Oregon flush. Most big schools have one or more "big cigars" that fund whatever is needed. Al Dunlap keeps Florida State in the game. The Gaylord family keeps OU and Oklahoma State in the black. Ohio State has Les Wexner (CEO of L Brands), Baylor has Drayton McLane. Clemson has Thomas Chapman (CEO of Equifax). The list goes on and on. Even your South Carolina has Joe Rice, the big lawyer. Check out your athletics center. NIL will become" my billionaire is richer than your billionaire."

Yeah, the little guys will never fund the NIL like one obsessed billionaire can. The NIke guy keeps Oregon flush. Most big schools have one or more "big cigars" that fund whatever is needed. Al Dunlap keeps Florida State in the game. The Gaylord family keeps OU and Oklahoma State in the black. Ohio State has Les Wexner (CEO of L Brands), Baylor has Drayton McLane. Clemson has Thomas Chapman (CEO of Equifax). The list goes on and on. Even your South Carolina has Joe Rice, the big lawyer. Check out your athletics center. NIL will become" my billionaire is richer than your billionaire."
Darla might have helped us if we hadn't bitten her hand and repulsed her. And then McNair went and died on us.

I know some grown men that thought this NIL stuff was going to be so cool. We tried telling them how this could hurt Carolina. These men are about to get an education.

Reactions: king ward
It’s pretty out there that Bell left because of Beamer’s refusal to make changes on the offense.
What took you so long? I dangled a don't blame Beamer repky and it took you an inodrinately long time to bash him again. Getting slower in your old age??

Reactions: mikeypen
I’ve always wondered how the big boosters were content with our lack of success. The amount of money they’re being asked for now in NIL would be even more sickening.

Even worse when we start asking about Beamer’s buyout in 2 years.
What good will buying Beamer out in 2 years do? Does it really matter at that point who the coach is?? If we don't have the Benjamins to compete, why pay top dollar for a coach? Buy a stud QB or RB with that money. Gotta start thinking about this in an entirely different light.

That’s the way I’m starting to feel. It used to feel like contributions to the university in return for tickets. Now it’s to buy players which now is not enough.

I cant count the times in the last couple of decades I've heard "if we only spend more money...".
Lol... and we still get mediocre results. But let me guess, it will really work this time.
Hope yall enjoy paying for player's loyalty tho. Hard pass from me. But the day it looks like an investment that will pay dividends is the day might consider it.
Well this time is different bc the money literally goes straight to the players. The superstar Ohio St QB is a sophomore. You think if South Carolina fans were able to collectively round up $10,000,000 to offer him a 1 year NIL deal he would turn that down? No way. But we wont. Thats 100,000 USC fans giving $100 each for a Heisman finalist to come here. But again, we dont do stuff like that. Oregon, Bama, Ohio St, Notre Dame do

This NIL crap reminds me of the Tulip crash. Everyone is rushing to dump money into a frivolous marketplace where at some point the bubble will burst. Eventually people are going to not care and college sports are going to wither away to a shell of their former selves.

If something doesn't change soon, I think you are going to see college sports rapidly decline in popularity.

That’s the way I’m starting to feel. It used to feel like contributions to the university in return for tickets. Now it’s to buy players which now is not enough.
Contributions to the university are now useless unless you just want to support non revenue sports. Contributions must go directly to players to keep them or attract them to USC. Anything other than cash in pockets wont work. Nice facilities used to be a major deal, but kids arent gonna take less $$$ now just to workout in a 5-star weight room rather than a 3-star weight room. Afterall, they dont see it as anything more than a 1 season commitment anyway.

This NIL crap reminds me of the Tulip crash. Everyone is rushing to dump money into a frivolous marketplace where at some point the bubble will burst. Eventually people are going to not care and college sports are going to wither away to a shell of their former selves.

If something doesn't change soon, I think you are going to see college sports rapidly decline in popularity.
For most yes. But the 10-20 programs who can afford a championship will keep going. You think Alabama fans are gonna accept not winning another championship?

Well UM and aTm proved buying players didn't necessarily win games. Burch was a Muschamp 5 star recruit that played like a 3 star. Hope he's happy with the Nike money. The NIL and portal needs to have rules and the only way that will happen is the power 5 schools breaking away from the NCAA and agree to a governing body that will setup the rules.

Reactions: tngamecock#
ADVERTISEMENT