ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burch

roosterbell

Apr 10, 2011
Looks like we may be gaining some momentum with him.

I see his Crystal ball on the other site has gone from 100% Clemson to 62% recently. We have one expert picking us now.

Isn't he on campus this weekend? Would be huge if we could eventually sign him.

We seem to have some Momentum

giphy.gif

Reactions: coolcock2001
Pickens did not give Clemson much of a look. He was a GC lock from the start. People just thought he was headed to CLemson because he was from Anderson

Every Clemson fan I knew said he was a lock, Venebles was there, Christian Wilkins, Ferrell, etc, were there as well at that high school spring game, not sure why the Clemson players were there if Clemson thought he was such a Gamecock lock, kind of embarrassing for them if you ask me.

I was not responding to Gamecock perspective but Clemson

Almost none are wearing Orange, interesting

DeE8gMjXUAMger2.jpg

Last edited:
Every Clemson fan I knew said he was a lock, Venebles was there, Christian Wilkins, Ferrell, etc, were there as well at that high school spring game, not sure why the Clemson players were there if Clemson thought he was such a Gamecock lock, kind of embarrassing for them if you ask me.

I was not responding to Gamecock perspective but Clemson

Almost none are wearing Orange, interesting

DeE8gMjXUAMger2.jpg

Taters think every prospect they offer is a lock!

He didn't make it in for the weekend, which doesn't sound good for us. But we're in the game.

Taters say Burch is locked down!

The few (tater fans) I actually talk to about recruiting in Columbia all think he is all but a Cock lock, all the Carolina fans I talk to abut recruiting al think the same (cock lock). l Not sure how true it is, but heard Momma Burch now works for Hood construction and got a nice promotion. :)

The only consistent thing I keep hearing about this kid is that what Momma says goes and she is pulling the string in his recruitment. As long as this season isn't a disaster, I believe he is ours.

The few (tater fans) I actually talk to about recruiting in Columbia all think he is all but a Cock lock, all the Carolina fans I talk to abut recruiting al think the same (cock lock). l Not sure how true it is, but heard Momma Burch now works for Hood construction and got a nice promotion. :)

The only consistent thing I keep hearing about this kid is that what Momma says goes and she is pulling the string in his recruitment. As long as this season isn't a disaster, I believe he is ours.
Momma would look nice in the Garnet and black. Not so much in the Barney colors.

Sounds like we may be getting better at the game

I have a sneaky suspicion that he is going to be a Gamecock. He is now the #3 player in the nation according to Rivals....

My wish list:
Burch, Huntley & Hemingway from SC
Evans, Murphy & Conley from NC
Bigsby, Capers & Tisdol from GA

This is my wish list...then I hope Muschamp & Co. go after the best of the rest...If we don't get Capers to decommit from Arky, I hope we get Powers out of Savannah....

Last edited:
Kid didn’t make it, but momma did !
And apparently what ever happened with her visit it convince some experts our chances improved very much over the weekend.
And we STILL have his official in our pocket.

I’d say we’re in GREAT shape.

Reactions: rogue cock
I feel like this is a second chance in a Xavier Thomas scenario. He supposedly was a fan. Burch is in our backyard. To lose him to anyone else ,especially a Clemson team who has 2 similar players committed, would really be another kick in the gut!

Clemson buddies echo what Clemson fan above said. They have lost momentum and if anything, think he may be leaning our way. His mom is playing a big role and may want him in the backyard.

This would be a HUGE get for us not only because of the type of player he is, but just the press we'd get from landing a Top 5 player and proving we can get big time guys from SC consistently (Pickens and then Burch).

Don't want to get carried away, but Burch could be a big piece to this being another program-changing class (like an '07 or an '09 class) that not only gives us good players but also makes it "cool" to play at Carolina and sets us up to get more good players going forward. Long, long way to go.. but do like the direction at this juncture. Need this guy in a big way.

Let’s see, Erik Kimrey is his coach. Muschamp’s son is his QB. I know Kimrey is a good coach and will want what’s best for his player, but those relationships should help us with Burch. We’d need to land this kid.

Hell, let him take first snap of season at QB and throw the fade to honor his HS Coach

Anyone that has watched him play...is he everything advertised?

I've seen is video and he is dominant. But he plays for a private school so it is hard to say how he would be on a 4A championship team. My guess is he will have a learning curve in college. The game will have to slow down for him some.

Anyone that has watched him play...is he everything advertised?

Even though he plays at a private school, Hammond is one the most DOMINATE scisa schools in the state and Kimrey runs the program just like a high level public school and some years they play against some other out of state schools to amp up the competition. Anywhere he goes he will make an immediate impact as a freshmen GUARANTEE

Reactions: Lakecock1
I've seen is video and he is dominant. But he plays for a private school so it is hard to say how he would be on a 4A championship team. My guess is he will have a learning curve in college. The game will have to slow down for him some.
This is true...if he played in the upstate with the BIG Boys of Byrnes, Spartanburg, Dorman, Gaffney, TL Hanna, Hillcrest we could get a better idea...I agree it does worry me a little bit about him playing private schools but he's been to camps and he produced there....

Even though he plays at a private school, Hammond is one the most DOMINATE scisa schools in the state and Kimrey runs the program just like a high level public school and some years they play against some other out of state schools to amp up the competition. Anywhere he goes he will make an immediate impact as a freshmen GUARANTEE
Schedule Byrnes then....Mallard Creek out of Charlotte was supposed to kill Byrnes with all their all americans/10 or so Div 1 prospects several years ago...you know what happened? Byrnes beat the crap out of them...This would add legitimacy to their program to play the BIG Boys in SC...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT